Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old November 8th, 2003, 09:41 AM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Talking More Rover Projects

Here is a more recent pic of my truck. I also have the rear tub all stripped down and am in the process of etch priming it.

RAndy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dsc00375.jpg
Views:	404
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	88  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 8th, 2003, 01:22 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Ohhhh,

Engine in, makes me feel all warm inside. Great job Randy, get that truck done so we can go wheeling!

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Old November 8th, 2003, 09:04 PM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Thanks David.... I find myself sitting out in the garage just looking at it sometimes even when I am not working on it... My wife thinks I have serios mental issues.. I agree... I can't wait to get it on the road.

Randy
Advertisement

Old November 9th, 2003, 10:50 AM
mattdh
Matt Hurst

its a good to know some one else does it too,i find myself in the garage all the time for no reason. i was almost startingt to think i was a little crazy(must be from talking to the wife)but if some one else is doing it, it must be okay.randy it s too bad we live so far apart, we could sit in the garage while are wives talked about how crazied we are.by the way im going to have my wife read this post just so she knows there are others
Old November 9th, 2003, 11:32 AM
Chris Cox
Chris Cox
94 D90 SW, 300tdi

I am right there with you guys. My wife has BEEN thinking I was crazy for a long time. She doesn't even question the things I do anymore, as she has figured out 2 things:

1. I can justify doing just about anything, to my trucks that is, if I have long enough to think about it.

2. Since I can justify the things I do, she doesn't question the $$$ I keep dumping into my trucks. She just shakes her head and smiles now, I guess in disbelief that I have a small fortune in my driveway and garage.

I do think the Rover-bug has finally bitten her, as she was asking me could she have my project 90 when it was done, and sell her car. Of course my reply was NO! I then offered her my 97 90 SW. She said if she had to drive a SW, she wanted a 110! Looks like I get to justify building a 110 now Now I just need to find one of those CKD kits!?

Good luck on your pojects guys.

Chris
Old November 10th, 2003, 10:24 PM
loykd
Ken Loy
1994 Portofino Red ST

Randy, That looks awesome! I see how it can be mesmerizing. Is that the original motor or did you buy this one new?

Would also love to see a pic of your Series...
Old November 12th, 2003, 11:58 AM
TwisteD90
Yousef Hamzeh
06 RR SC, 06 LR3, 94 D90

Looking good Randy
Old November 12th, 2003, 12:58 PM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Thanks Yousef.... Ken, that is a NEW motor ...... I will be posting some more pics soon.

Randy
Old November 12th, 2003, 01:22 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

I was thinking this morning about your project while I was naked in the shower, hope that doesn't bother you. Since all you body panels are straight I think you should be the first person to polish thier aluminum body to a high luster. Blinded by the bling!

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old November 12th, 2003, 04:33 PM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
David... It doesn't bother me at all.... LOL. That would be some severe Bling. Speaking of that, I saw an H2 today that was so blinged out, I had to laugh. There was more chrome bolted on then a Tractor trailer... I personally am a non bling guy...

Randy
Old November 12th, 2003, 04:34 PM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
By the way, I'm sure there will be a few marks after the first wheelin' trip. After the first mud hole, the new clean undercarrage will look just like everyone elses.
Old November 12th, 2003, 04:40 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Yeah, try not to cry the first time that things gets muddy. Give the polishing some thought, no paint to scrape off and when it is sunny your truck could double as a signal beakin.

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old November 12th, 2003, 04:58 PM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
I have half of it primed in a flat black right now that looks really sick....... So forget about the polished look David.
Old November 12th, 2003, 06:07 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

FINE!

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old November 13th, 2003, 08:09 PM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
I was test fitting my rear body today on the frame and noticed the the p/s front rear tub mount is actually 1.5 inches to far back and there was a space between the mount and the body lip.. What the F&%$ ...Not to big of a deal though. I will just make a spacer block. Other then that it fits perfect and looked great. I just dont know how Designa chassis could have screwed that up.
When someone gets a chance, could they measure there door openings from rear tub to bulkhead for me?? I just want to double check everything .

Randy
Old November 13th, 2003, 08:39 PM
Chris Cox
Chris Cox
94 D90 SW, 300tdi

Randy, I measured at the bottom of the opening, and got 34 and 7/8 inches, which includes the lips on both sides for the weatherstripping. I measured from the front tub supports to the bulkhead outriggers(to where the bolt goes through frame to hold bulkhead-there is a piece of steel welded there to reinforce the hole) and got 42" exactly. Hope this helps. By the way, is anything meant to mount in between the mount and the body, like the tank?
Old November 14th, 2003, 07:41 AM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Thanks Chris
Old November 14th, 2003, 10:51 PM
revor
Keith Kreutzer
Old beat up 110
D-90 Source Vendor

Looks exceptional Randy!!!! Guess what I'm doing this weekend?

Big, Red and ... aaa Red..
Old November 15th, 2003, 07:08 AM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
My guess is that it might be my stuff ..

Randy
Old November 16th, 2003, 01:50 PM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Ahhh A few bangs with a big f&%^in' hammer and things are fitting better.... ITs amazing what a mallet can do when lining stuff up on a rover

Randy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dsc00442.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	104  

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat