Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Closed Thread

Old December 29th, 2011, 05:11 PM
dchapman
Daniel Chapman
1999 D1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf View Post
Why bother having any rules on the board at all?
There should be no. Very simple rules. For example; post that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise in violation of any laws.

Quote:
Dan

You should make sure to post your opinion on every single vehicle for sale to be fair. Something tells me there are certain people you don't shit on because they are your boys. This 6.2 isn't the first shitbox listed here.
I comment where I feel like commenting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 29th, 2011, 05:18 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchapman

I comment where I feel like commenting.
Thanks for confirming you are only going after people you want to and not everyone who sells shitboxes because they are your friends. You have really valid points but unless you go after everyone including your friends you are nothing more than a joke and possibly a puppet.
Old December 29th, 2011, 06:10 PM
Rugbier
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE - RRS SC

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose609 View Post
Just email DiscoMike your phone number. He will call you right back
Don't forget to include how many miles

------ Follow up post added December 29th, 2011 06:23 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchapman View Post
Take the same truck, same condition, same mileage. One has a salvage title and the other does not. Which one is worth more?

If we use your eyes both are equal.

But come on, what's reality?
I am with you on that example, but again, it shouldn't be us telling someone selling something anything at all.

Maybe some of us have a knowledge on getting a truck professionally painted for $ 2,000, well that doesn't take away that same job could cost $ 10,000 in another place, or you know how to rebuild an engine and some of us need to pay someone 60 hours to do the work ( same material cost but no same end cost ), and so forth.

I think it is the responsibility of a BUYER to do due diligence in the purchase, and if someone can obtain $ 40 for $ 20 item, bless them, Land of Capitalism.

I am all for tearing a new one per se to someone that comes to the board ( NOT FOR SALE ) with a POS and try to tell us, you do not know what you are talking about, this RARE vehicle commands $ 1,000,000.

Or people with Puma's on Series VIN numbers claiming ignorance, yeah, lets all jump in.
If someone post on any other part of the forum OUR OPINION on a particular vehicle, go for it, but that could very well hinder someone's sale

------ Follow up post added December 29th, 2011 06:24 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBriggs View Post
Haven't you seen 'Cool Hand Luke'?

It seems that most of the issues are in the for sale area (but I'm broke, so I never even look). Its not uncommon for classified sections to have their own rules etc. where censorship could come into play, without using such a broad brush for the whole site. If you think about it classifieds are an ad, and don't require discussion, other than asking pertaining questions for those interested in the item. The rest of the board is fair game for discussion, and so as not to get ones dander up, the ignore feature actually works quite well.

-Jeff
Great movie

Old December 29th, 2011, 07:02 PM
dchapman
Daniel Chapman
1999 D1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf

Thanks for confirming you are only going after people you want to and not everyone who sells shitboxes because they are your friends. You have really valid points but unless you go after everyone including your friends you are nothing more than a joke and possibly a puppet.
Which one of my friends sell trucks?

------ Follow up post added December 29th, 2011 07:06 PM ------

Gus,
Where would someone go to do their due diligence (research) on a D-90 with a 6.2 in it?
Old December 29th, 2011, 07:21 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

I don't know your friends. Just looking at stats. You have been on this board since 04 and there have been plenty of shit trucks exactly like the 6.2 from importers for sale yet you never said a word. Just calling it like I see it. You could be a creditable source if you were consistent. If you don't go after all for sale threads there is no reason to trust your opinion. Who knows your motivation or what is true when you only pick certain people and threads. Again you look like a puppet for other dealers. I wouldn't trust what you say if this is your mo. Your opinion and knowledge is worthless this way.
Old December 29th, 2011, 07:50 PM
dchapman
Daniel Chapman
1999 D1

Are you under the impression that the first time I ever called a truck a turd was in the 6.2 thread?
Old December 29th, 2011, 07:55 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

So what are you guys saying, that you don't want pics like this anymore?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	41977%20-%20Car%20inanimate.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	45401  

Robert Deniro
Old December 29th, 2011, 08:04 PM
dchapman
Daniel Chapman
1999 D1

Is that Chuck Yarbrough?
Old December 29th, 2011, 08:20 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Awesome
Old December 29th, 2011, 10:36 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchapman
Are you under the impression that the first time I ever called a truck a turd was in the 6.2 thread?
No but I recall you telling a buyer of a shitbox truck similarly priced to grow a pair when it broke down on the way home from buying it. I don't think you commented on it when it was for sale. I would quote the thread but it has been pulled from the board. Either way your venom on this board is new. You didn't jump on the for sale threads until recently hence why this thread exists.
Old December 30th, 2011, 04:05 AM
dchapman
Daniel Chapman
1999 D1

I think you better go back and reread the forum. You're talking out of your ass.
Old December 30th, 2011, 04:47 AM
aka rover
ed angel
95 D90

Registry
Quote:
It's amazing how off topic every post goes. I feel bad for the new owners. When they finally check the site they are going to be pissed. Reminds me of a friend who had homeless people living in her vacant house when She was trying to rent it.

This post made me think for a minute because the house wasn't vacant and the people there weren't homeless

And this thread is not helping anyone... well I take that back its pretty calm on the forsale page.
67 NADA diesel tremec 4spd salisbury rear springs on front and a LOT MORE TO GO.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old December 30th, 2011, 08:02 AM
Roverhound
Walter Dent
2000 D2

I saw a Defender at the coffee shop. Who was it?
Old December 30th, 2011, 09:14 AM
carlosz
Carlos
frank stein "frankie" in action RIP

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roverhound View Post
I saw a Defender at the coffee shop. Who was it?
you need to ask the question on the proper sintax, location, time, place by name of course and what were you doing at the shop when you saw said vehicle.... of course we need to describe said vehicle to a "t" and throw in the vehicle you drove at that ocassion.... lol...
Old December 30th, 2011, 09:40 AM
navydevildoc
Neill Thornton
1984 D90 300 Tdi / 1965 Series IIA
Site Team

Registry
I think the original question of this thread (Where are the mods) has been answered by now. They don't exist anymore or don't care.

Edit: I re-read the beginning of the thread and Charles did jump on this at first... so I am wrong. They do exist.
Old December 30th, 2011, 10:09 AM
Raleigh D90
Ben
Somewhere Across Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBriggs View Post
Haven't you seen 'Cool Hand Luke'?

It seems that most of the issues are in the for sale area (but I'm broke, so I never even look). Its not uncommon for classified sections to have their own rules etc. where censorship could come into play, without using such a broad brush for the whole site. If you think about it classifieds are an ad, and don't require discussion, other than asking pertaining questions for those interested in the item. The rest of the board is fair game for discussion, and so as not to get ones dander up, the ignore feature actually works quite well.

-Jeff
This is probably one of the more helpful posts here on this whole topic. Classifieds should be classifieds and if you should feel the need to trash that add just do it in the misc section or respond directly to the poster or your friends with your witty or degrading comments.

As for this board being sold. That is definitely disappointing because bullshit ads are now going to ruin the one forum that was a good read and more of what a community feels like.

As for the continued poor behavior of an otherwise knowledgeable contributor..... It's just sad and pathetic.
Old December 30th, 2011, 10:14 AM
dchapman
Daniel Chapman
1999 D1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raleigh D90 View Post

As for the continued poor behavior of an otherwise knowledgeable contributor..... It's just sad and pathetic.
Can I interest you in a D-90 with a 6.2L diesel?

How about a pieced together beat to shit Discovery XD?
Old December 30th, 2011, 10:53 AM
Roverhound
Walter Dent
2000 D2

Quote:
Can I interest you in a D-90 with a 6.2L diesel?

How about a pieced together beat to shit Discovery XD?
Yes please.
Old December 30th, 2011, 11:29 AM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Quote:
I think you better go back and reread the forum. You're talking out of your ass.
Your inconsistency is why your knowledge is a waste. Here are some of your best lines cut and pasted:

Quote:
If the truck is not a rust bucket and has a diesel engine that runs, you did not do too bad at $14k at this point in time, even if it needs a
little work.

I'm not missing a thing. He was not buying this truck from some little old lady who's husband died 20-years ago and the truck was sitting
in a barn until October. He bought it off a car salesman who's in the business to make money on selling imported Land Rovers

Shit, if I bought a Rover at auction to resale, what should I disclose? I can drive the truck for several weeks or several hundred miles, but
am I supposed to know that the fuel pump is about to fail without warning? Should I be responciable for that?!

I would have loaded the entire thread but it's not working for me. You get the point. You aren't consistent with what you say so you discredit yourself. You just look like an asshole who feels like fucking with individuals which is fine its just sad whatever knowledge you really have people can't trust.
Old December 30th, 2011, 11:32 AM
dchapman
Daniel Chapman
1999 D1

No, I do not get the point. Post a link to the thread and I'll spoon feed it to you since you're too fucking stupid to understand.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
mod, moderator