D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
I prefer a cage match.

------ Follow up post added December 30th, 2011 01:46 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchapman

Oh, I have to come to you?

Sounds reasonable.
Yes. I'm afraid of your hillbilly cousins down there.

------ Follow up post added December 30th, 2011 01:46 PM ------

I'm bowing of this shitfest. Time to go wrench.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Semper Fi!
Old December 30th, 2011, 02:06 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

I say naked towel fight, tie Barry and dan's wrists ala michael jacksons beat it and fight to the death.

Robert Deniro
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 30th, 2011, 02:06 PM
dchapman
Daniel Chapman
1999 D1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalpin View Post
Wow, some of you really need to get a life. If you are not working, or spending time with family and/or friends this time of year, you really should do some reflecting. This is a stupid website on the internet! It really should be a low priority in your life in the big scheme of things. I'm not sure why I am even bothering to post other than this post is partially directed at me.
Then why are you here? Shouldn't you be with family, working, praising God?

Quote:
First, let me remind you that this is a privately owned site. Always has been and always will be, and nothing has changed in that respect.
Social Knowledge, LLC is not a company out of Dallas, Texas? If the site were privately owned, wouldn't it be registered private party?

Quote:
So, I'll tell you my viewpoint and this will likely be the last you'll hear from me on it, so don't come to some conclusion that I don't care. I do care, to the extent one should about such things. And jumping to the conclusion that the others don't care because they don't post here is simply wrong too.
So, you have an opinion. That's great, Charles. You're making progress in your 12-step program I see. Good for you! I'll send you a Red Lobster gift card as a token of recognition for all the hard work you've been going.

But what makes your opinion more valid than someone elses opinion?

You posted what you feel need to be said. So has everyone else. I don't see where the problem is.

Quote:
I am in the camp that feel Dan's behavior here is both not needed or desired, it's intentional, and does affect the while tone of the site in a negative way. It's not just restricted to the for sale section. You are totally wrong on a couple of points Dan.
No! You're wrong!

See, that was easy. It's easy to tell someone they're wrong. I'd like to know where I'm wrong, so can you tell me? I'm betting not. How can an opinion be wrong? I think you'll learn about this in Step-3 of your program.

Quote:
You certainly can express your views in a civil, non-threatening manner at the appropriate times and places but you choose not to. There is nothing that says you have the right to do this here so I'm totally fine with banning you, and if it were my call alone, then I'd ban you (and actually I don't think I can - I have never tried to ban anyone). But regardless it's not my call alone, and as you all should have noticed we don't run around making any rash decisions and over moderate in general, and we won't do this now.
That's funny, Charles. You do not make rash decisions and over moderate? I seem to remember having a conversation with you on the phone about you editing my posts. Forget already? Trying to block out that time in your life? Bad memories?

Forums like this will survive. They self-moderate themselves. Remember MyRover.net? That forum was heavily moderated. Remember MuddyOval? Where are these sites today? Are they active? Is that one of the first places you go to try and resolve a problem?

Quote:
Dan, you are also wrong that you wouldn't say the same things *the same way* you do here in person. You can talk all the big talk you want here but this is simply not true and you know it. You'd be dead if you did.
LOL, you know that's bullshit. I'm typically a very quite guy in person. I get along well with others. I also have no problem telling you what I think of an item if it's brought up in conversation. You should know this. Granted sometimes things take on a different tone on the Internet. But I will say the same thing in person, and I do. Plenty of people here who can attest to that fact.

Quote:
But most threads Dan gets involved in degenerate to 13 year old behaviour because he refuses to act in a civil manner. Other "sheep" see this as ok and jump in and do the same and things go to hell. Dan has also proven that he has no interest in changing his behaviour, no interest in making positive relationships with others, nor in buying a defender, so his motives for being here are questionable at best.
See, this is where you're stretching and pulling for straws. I do not comment on every thread on this BBS. If I see a reason to contribute in a positive manner, I will. If I see the need to contribute in a negative manner, I will. If I just want to get someone worked up, I will. Again, these are my opinions. These are my choices. They're not yours. If you, or the other moderators want to moderate my posts, have at it if that's the power trip you like.

Some people have a sense of humor. Others, like yourself, do not. Try and smile sometime. Tell a joke. Do a little ribbing. You'll be a lot happier in life. Some of the "Sheep" around here have figured this out already. I think this comes in Step-6.

Quote:
Go look at the list of current threads and see what's going on - plenty. Ignore the stuff that isn't productive or enjoyable. The site is what YOU make it!
Finally! Something I can agree with you about.

Quote:
Dan, you cited not being vulgar or something as being one of the only rules necessary, yet you are the most vulgar. How about trying to honor the rules and tone of the site? Others have already said all of this, and your contributions would be beneficial if you did so. I'm not asking you to say things that are not true or pretend to like anyone, but simply be civil.

Vulgar - Making explicit and offensive reference to sex or bodily functions

I try to limit my vulgar comments. I'm not saying I've never made any.

I think you're confusing Vulgar with Couth. I have no couth, unless my grandmother is around.

------ Follow up post added December 30th, 2011 02:07 PM ------

Come on Wolf Man!! Don't leave so soon. Title for title. When and where? Or are you too pussy?
Old December 30th, 2011, 02:13 PM
phoenix37
john
97 D90 ST / 1957 S1 109/ 1983 LS110

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by o2batsea View Post
Finally, this is beginning to get interesting. This is exactly how it should be decided, on the field of battle, so to speak. This event I might even attend.

I agree. I feel like i should make some popcorn...Im up for the Series vs Disco challenge. Let me know.
Old December 30th, 2011, 04:19 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
And this is why it's pointless engaging you online

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchapman View Post
That's funny, Charles. You do not make rash decisions and over moderate? I seem to remember having a conversation with you on the phone about you editing my posts. Forget already? Trying to block out that time in your life? Bad memories?
This one is worth responding to. Yes I have edited one post of yours, ever. I changed the words "Fuck you" to "I love you" and it was very funny to me, however you threw a fit. Two whole words. A totally benign and humorous change to an otherwise unproductive and pointless post with no point other than to antagonize. I have never seen anyone get upset about something so trivial. You could call it rash if you like (i think thats a stretch), but not over moderating.

Anyway, I think this thread has run it's course so I'm closing it. If you want to figure out a cage match or wheel off with Jonathan, figure it out in private or start a new thread for it.
Old December 31st, 2011, 03:32 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Is question of "where are the moderators?" is a bit unnecessary, in sense that this site has always been very lightly moderated. In the years I've been doing this, I've only ever helped weed out a couple malign actors, police up some spammers, and gotten in a couple pissing contests with Dan. The reason I'm less active lately, aside from being ridiculously busy, is that my posts and participation on tis site enter around whatever I'm doing lately with the Rover. I've done precious little lately and have neither the time or inclination to police up detritus.

I got absolutely no in developing a theory of over-moderation or some other overly esoteric concept of what makes a good Internet forum. The site will survive just fine as long as there is enough good content to attract people and not so much moronic hijinks that it's hard to find the aforementioned good content. Yes, there is a lot of dumb stuff in this thread and elsewhere, but I don't think the ratio is too far skewed. It's a long, dumb read to be sure, but it's only one of hundreds of good ones.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
mod, moderator