moab oct 14-16? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old October 2nd, 2005, 07:22 PM
tbmcneill

moab oct 14-16?

by chance, anyone going to be wheeling in moab weekend after next?
T
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 2nd, 2005, 09:40 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Doing the Hammers next weekend. Does that count?

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Old October 2nd, 2005, 10:05 PM
TwisteD90
Yousef Hamzeh
06 RR SC, 06 LR3, 94 D90

Hmmm sounds tempting but not sure if I want to wheel with a Jeep guy though That being said, there is a big chance I might go. However, it is Kristy’s and I one year anniversary that weekend, so I have to check with her.

JP, you in?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 2nd, 2005, 10:24 PM
sheki
David Shechter
97' D90 SW 2.8L diesel

I'll be there on the 10-11, any chance you can make it then? Yousef, what's the deal whit your new whip? You gonna have it by then? Anyone else down for those dates?
Old October 2nd, 2005, 10:48 PM
TwisteD90
Yousef Hamzeh
06 RR SC, 06 LR3, 94 D90

David, if you want do the same racing we did you gotto come to Moab with Troy. We use to it all the time, I remember once both Troy and I almost rolling at the same spot. Good stuff. You can even share the room with us, and you can sleep next to me

The D90 is on it's way, should make it to my house on Wed. I already bought a 3-link, trying to work a deal on a ARB locker, and bought steel to fab my own front and rear bumpers along with external shock mounts.
Old October 3rd, 2005, 02:47 AM
sheki
David Shechter
97' D90 SW 2.8L diesel

I'm down to race, this time I get to lead. I finally just got all the dust out of the truck from the last time we raced.
As far as sleeping next to you, we'll see.
forget the 3-link you don't need that, I've seen you drive... better make that front bumper strong!
I'm going to head out that way straight from Rubicon, should be out there by Tuesday morning latest. I'll keep you posted. I can't stay in Moab for the weekend, I have work in KS, yes KS of all places. Good excuse to hang out with Pendy and tinker with the truck.
Old October 3rd, 2005, 08:45 AM
tbmcneill

Quote:
Hmmm sounds tempting but not sure if I want to wheel with a Jeep guy though
lol ... c'mon, you just don't want me to show you up in a Jeep. let me know what you get worked out & I'll plan accordingly.

T

ps - I'll be coming from San Diego
Old October 3rd, 2005, 09:44 AM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbmcneill
lol ... c'mon, you just don't want me to show you up in a Jeep. let me know what you get worked out & I'll plan accordingly.

T

ps - I'll be coming from San Diego

S.D. You going to stop by and say hi?

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old October 3rd, 2005, 11:43 PM
tbmcneill

maybe ... depends on how quickly Yousef can get to Moab on Friday! How long does it take to drive from Oceanside to Moab, anyhow?
T
Old October 4th, 2005, 12:07 AM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

From my house, about 30 miles from Oceanside is around 10 hours give or take an hour or so. I am right on the way, you can stop by and say hi on Friday afternoon. I will be trailering up to the Hammers around 5pm.

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old October 4th, 2005, 10:36 AM
redrover

Hi Troy, Its been a while. I will be there (moab) thur night sometime through mon. Lets get together. JP
Old October 4th, 2005, 10:49 AM
TwisteD90
Yousef Hamzeh
06 RR SC, 06 LR3, 94 D90

If I get the OK I'm leaving work Thursday afternoon and head to Moab. Do you guys want to share a room?
Old October 4th, 2005, 07:02 PM
tbmcneill

JP, that sounds good ... my cell is 303-710-3096. Are you going to have your rig .. you wheeling? I should be there Friday evening. Lets try and touch base with Yousef before then & plan the trails if you're wheeling. If not, lets all grab dinner Saturday night or something.

Yousef-
Kerry will probably be with me. So, as much as I'd love to snuggle with you, I'll probably have to pass given the alternative.

David-
I would like to see that rig of yours on the way out. I'll touch base as my travel plans get firmed up.

T
Old October 5th, 2005, 10:03 AM
flippedrover
Tyler
'94 D-90

While ya are out there check out the 24 hours of Moab mountain bike race. It'll be going on that weekend. http://grannygear.com/Races/Moab/index.shtml
and you're the only bait in town.
You got fins to the left, fins to the right,
and you're the only girl in town.

Jimmy Buffett

Old October 5th, 2005, 05:29 PM
tbmcneill

yeah ... that's a good race. I've done it a few times.

JP .. is that why you're going out?
T
Old October 6th, 2005, 10:58 AM
redrover

Troy , I wont be racing this yr. I will be riding a little and wheelin alot. Still want to run Rusty nail. But all the chickens from Denver are affraid. JP comments______________________________.

PS what are you driving?
Old October 6th, 2005, 07:18 PM
tbmcneill

I'll run anything. FWIW, there's an impromptu gathering of Boulder/Denver guys at City Mkt at 8am Saturday morning. I was going to hook up with them if nothing else panned out.

I'll run pretty much anything. I'd really like to run Pritchett, but I think the race will get in the way of that. I don't know a thing about Rusty nail, but it sounds fun if some people are scared.

I'll be in a somewhat-modified black Jeep Rubicon.

Did you want to try to hook up on Saturday to wheel?
T
Old October 7th, 2005, 10:18 AM
TwisteD90
Yousef Hamzeh
06 RR SC, 06 LR3, 94 D90

I'm out. The D90 that I bought needs a shit load of work and it won't pass emission
Old October 9th, 2005, 01:03 PM
redrover

Troy ,sat would be good. I would run prit. sat if you want . JP
Rustynail is a side loop off of gold bar. It ties in near double wammy. then run gspike to poison spider.
Old October 9th, 2005, 03:56 PM
tbmcneill

rusty nail sounds fun ... i read up on it on one of the 4x4 spots. Prichett may have to be run up and back with the race going on.

Do you just want to meet 8am at City Market on saturday with the other guys from Colorado4x4.org? We can see who's going where and if nothing looks interesting, we'll just go do our own thing...
Troy

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat