Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old April 2nd, 2007, 02:52 PM
kiphartzell
Kip Hartzell
'95 4.2L NAS D90

Apart from this well conceived joke, George just posted some April Specials;

http://www.roversdownsouth.com/defender.htm

APRIL SPECIAL - Def 90 Fuel Pump - ESR3928 $185.00

This is a good price for one of these......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 2nd, 2007, 03:52 PM
bterpstra
Brian Terpstra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erimus 1
Is the risk of a joke having an adverse affect on business worth it? The last laugh's on those that seek their parts elsewhere. Ha ha. My sides are splitting.
I'm guessing George thought it was.
Old April 2nd, 2007, 07:57 PM
Erimus 1
Neil McLeod
97 D90 NAS

Probably why he makes a better comedian than a parts supplier...lol.
Advertisement

Old April 2nd, 2007, 08:46 PM
snuffer
Randy Black
'95 D 90 SW

George can't be English, he talks way to fast for that.
Old April 2nd, 2007, 11:23 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Is the risk of a joke having an adverse affect on business worth it? The last laugh's on those that seek their parts elsewhere. Ha ha. My sides are splitting.
Oh, don't get all butt-hurt about it. We need more people with a sense of humor like Georgie.

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Old April 2nd, 2007, 11:32 PM
Eric Siepmann
Eric W. Siepmann
1997 Defender 90 SW

Quote:
Probably why he makes a better comedian than a parts supplier...lol.
Uncle George has always done well for himself...And remains my first call for parts.

You have to know George. It was hillarious...
Old April 3rd, 2007, 12:00 AM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

What did I miss? I looked several times but all I saw was the April Specials. What prices did he have on stuff? George is great...I bought half my 110 from him! haha
Old April 3rd, 2007, 08:57 AM
Erimus 1
Neil McLeod
97 D90 NAS

Just my point. This ruse worked great for existing customers but as far as gaining new clients? Abject failure. Now if he actually offered me 50%, I might change my mind about him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Siepmann
Uncle George has always done well for himself...And remains my first call for parts.
You have to know George. It was hillarious...
Old April 3rd, 2007, 11:17 AM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Just my point. This ruse worked great for existing customers but as far as gaining new clients? Abject failure. Now if he actually offered me 50%, I might change my mind about him.
Dude, grow a pair. It was a joke. You won't find better prices or service anywhere else, so stop whining about it, have a cocktail, and chill out.

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old April 3rd, 2007, 11:36 AM
lynchee
Dennis Lynch
94 D90 #699

Quote:
I think it's great. I have never bought from him, but I will now.........Shit, I want to go out drinking with him. I love f-ing with customers.
Old April 3rd, 2007, 12:13 PM
wineryrover
Robb
D90, SIII, LR3 & DII

Registry
That George is an A-hole. He is messin' with his customers. The very same people that he gives good prices to, good information to, gives good customer support to, has good inventory on hard to find parts, and as I just found out, backs what he sells better than anyone I've dealt with.....wait, where was I going with this?.....oh yea, George is an A-hole.
Old April 3rd, 2007, 12:49 PM
Erimus 1
Neil McLeod
97 D90 NAS

The only people whining are those in his back pocket. I'll continue stating the facts and that is it makes poor busines sense to blow off potential new customers this way. Don't get too worked up by all this by the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckon37s
Dude, grow a pair. It was a joke. You won't find better prices or service anywhere else, so stop whining about it, have a cocktail, and chill out.
Follow-up Post:

I wouldn't go that far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wineryrover
That George is an A-hole. He is messin' with his customers. The very same people that he gives good prices to, good information to, gives good customer support to, has good inventory on hard to find parts, and as I just found out, backs what he sells better than anyone I've dealt with.....wait, where was I going with this?.....oh yea, George is an A-hole.
Old April 3rd, 2007, 01:29 PM
DJ Menasco
DJ Menasco
#500/500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stmpede
What did I miss? I looked several times but all I saw was the April Specials. What prices did he have on stuff? George is great...I bought half my 110 from him! haha
True to his M.O the old fart listed a bunch of parts at %50 off on his website, but only for April 1st.

It was a good one.
Old April 3rd, 2007, 01:29 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

If your used to being messed with, George ain't that bad. He would routinely mis-quote prices to me on the phone just to fawk with me. But in the end, he'd give me the lowest price posted. I'd laugh and give a sigh of relief.

Neil

Robert Deniro
Old April 3rd, 2007, 08:55 PM
Eric Siepmann
Eric W. Siepmann
1997 Defender 90 SW

Quote:
The only people whining are those in his back pocket. I'll continue stating the facts and that is it makes poor busines sense to blow off potential new customers this way. Don't get too worked up by all this by the way.

Follow-up Post:

I wouldn't go that far.
You haven't seen worked up yet. Now two years ago there were several fun threads. . .
Old April 4th, 2007, 02:49 AM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:

Follow-up Post:

I wouldn't go that far.

YOU CANADIAN GUYS ARE WRAPPED TOO TIGHT... DOESN'T ANYONE JOKE AROUND UP THERE? THE GUY IS GREAT TO DEAL WITH AND ITS HIS WEB SITE TO DO WHAT HE WANTS WITH..
Old April 4th, 2007, 07:13 AM
Frankie Carbone
Heath Hollenbeck
'97 D90 #535, '03 DiscoII

George was off last week because his father died not to drink all weekend. I think it would be cool if you guys do buy some parts to give him a little encouragement when you call. Even a comedian needs a little encouragement during a time like this.
Old April 4th, 2007, 10:34 AM
Erimus 1
Neil McLeod
97 D90 NAS

I'm Canadian am I? Interesting assumption. If you're going to personally critisize, have the tumerity to at least get your facts straight. In the defense of Canadians, isn't that kind of attitude a little unfair on them? You should really try to refrain from having a pop at non-Americans as they'll undoubtedly find your generalisation extremely offensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDI Guy
YOU CANADIAN GUYS ARE WRAPPED TOO TIGHT... DOESN'T ANYONE JOKE AROUND UP THERE? THE GUY IS GREAT TO DEAL WITH AND ITS HIS WEB SITE TO DO WHAT HE WANTS WITH..
Follow-up Post:

Those were the days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Siepmann
You haven't seen worked up yet. Now two years ago there were several fun threads. . .
Old April 4th, 2007, 10:47 AM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
I'm Canadian am I? Interesting assumption. If you're going to personally critisize, have the tumerity to at least get your facts straight. In the defense of Canadians, isn't that kind of attitude a little unfair on them? You should really try to refrain from having a pop at non-Americans as they'll undoubtedly find your generalisation extremely offensive.

Follow-up Post:

Those were the days.

Shut your hole, snow-back.

That better?

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old April 4th, 2007, 10:47 AM
Trigger
Tony Fannin
'94 D-90 #491

Look up there. --------------------------------------------------------------^^^^
Looks like it says your location is Ontario, Canada to me.

Quote:
I'm Canadian am I? Interesting assumption. If you're going to personally critisize, have the tumerity to at least get your facts straight.
As for George, the only ones that seem to be upset are those who've never bought from him or talked to him. I don't know why he or we should care about their opinions.

He's my first and, 90% of the time, last call for parts. He's had hard to find things like battery and fuse panel covers I can't find anywhere else. I've called and asked about stuff and he said he didn't have them then gotten calls 10 minutes later from him saying he dug around and found one. I bought most of the parts from him to rebuild my truck after the wreck 3years ago. He made me a hell of a deal on everything too.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat