Mexico Confiscating US Pick-up Trucks... - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old August 15th, 2008, 04:49 PM
bennett
Bennett
'97 Defender 90 Soft Top #1140

Registry
While Im not about to get into a debate over the merits (or lack thereof) of illegal immigration (which is what i feel this thread is about at this point), I will say that I would assume part of what the mexican government is trying to do is to make it harder for US citizens to buy large amounts of gas in Mexico and drive back across the border. In Mexico, gas is subsidised by the government. While many may argue that it isn't taxed as heavily, the real price differential comes from the only oil supplier being a state owned entity.

Many people i know live in areas where you can hop across the boarder and save $30-50 a tank. Having a spare tank means you save that much more. This policy might, in part, be to cut back on this, as the mexican governement is effectively paying for part of that gas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 15th, 2008, 10:22 PM
D90DRC
D Cantrell
1997 D90SW

Ok once again WTF does the lack of Mexican Birth control happen to do with the fact and opinions stated above? So Mexico lost California 160 years ago.. Ok lifes a bitch they lost.

Or are you pissed we never annexed your country and made 90% of the country eligible for welfare

Question Who really lost out in that deal? More wealth is generated in Southern California for Mexicans than Mexico could ever provide. I don't remember the numbers but the export of US $$$ back to families is the second largest source of income in Mexico. The first being oil and that only provides a minimal amount of pesos to the masses...

So who has bettered the plight of Mexicans? Not there own government.... So screw the Anglo Guilt...

Food for thought if Mexico had never lost California would it be what is is today? NOT.... it would all look like the Tijuana what a shit hole... Mexico history has much changed for the betterment of mankind? OH we have the Tortillia... No technological renaissance on there horizon...

For that matter the same goes Mexico loosing Texas...

Ive been all over So Cal and all over Mexico and I see way more poverty and lower standards of living in the motherland.... Go down to Imperial Beach and see the filth that flows out of Tijuana into the Ocean... That alone could cause global warming.... Go around after a weekend and see how trashed out the arks in San Diego are form the Mexican parties Low Life PIGS. No social respect not a bit....

I lost all respect for there plight when California passed a law about 15 years ago not to provide education to illegals and guess what? Urged on by Mexican Teachers The (illegal) Mexican kids marched to San Diego City hall and burned the US flag and chanting anti American slogans.... Ok your here illegally and protest by burning the host country's flag.... Not much has changed There still doing that same type of protests... I don't get it I guess....

I guess If I did that to protest the bullshit taxes we have to pay to enter Mexico, The extortion from the Police Officers. I would be clubbed and my D90 would be the new toy of one of the federalies....

And to prove I'm not a bigot one of my really!!! good friends is/was Dominican. And I wish years ago I married his Hot sister...
Old August 16th, 2008, 08:01 AM
JFD
Julien Dalbin
05 Tdi 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by D90DRC
Mexico history has much changed for the betterment of mankind?
I think you are seeing this again with a short time focus. Before the Spaniards came to shit on Mexico, it was one the most advanced civilization, mathematics, astronomy, medicine, etc... But the "I'm better than you so I should rule your country" and "Let's go down there and kill them all" mentality was the modus operandi of a few europeans countries at that time.
It is so easy to blame on poor countries or poor peoples for all the shit, unless we need them to do the dirty work...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 16th, 2008, 01:01 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFD
Before the Spaniards came to shit on Mexico, it was one the most advanced civilization, mathematics, astronomy, medicine, etc... But the "I'm better than you so I should rule your country" and "Let's go down there and kill them all" mentality was the modus operandi of a few europeans countries at that time.
So when these noble people would burn people alive, then pull them out of the fire with hooks before they had died, cut out their beating hearts, then throw the heart into the fire and roll the corpse down steps.... which area of advancement do you think that was?

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Old August 16th, 2008, 01:30 PM
zimm
bart
anyone moves..... #238 sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckon37s
So when these noble people would burn people alive, then pull them out of the fire with hooks before they had died, cut out their beating hearts, then throw the heart into the fire and roll the corpse down steps.... which area of advancement do you think that was?
\

thats what happens at catholic conversions...

damn nuns can be pissy.
Old August 16th, 2008, 01:43 PM
JFD
Julien Dalbin
05 Tdi 90

Quote:
Yeah right , you're watching too much hollywood crap...
Old August 16th, 2008, 02:39 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFD
Yeah right , you're watching too much hollywood crap...
I used to just disagree with you. Now I question your intelligence. Time to brush up on history a bit.

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old August 16th, 2008, 09:57 PM
JFD
Julien Dalbin
05 Tdi 90

Quote:
Now I question your intelligence.
Good, so it will be easy for you to prove me wrong ...
Old August 17th, 2008, 12:27 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFD
Good, so it will be easy for you to prove me wrong ...
Yes, extremely easy. The list below took 2min to gather. You should try looking for yourself. I left out some pretty neat details. Of the estimated 20,000 people murdered for sacrifice a year, many were women and children.

Oh, and the skinning alive and then wearing the persons skin and dancing around deserves an honorable mention. As does the fact that they sometimes ate the victim after they murdered them.

Now you have two ways to go, you can just admit you were wrong, or say that nearly everything written on the subject is wrong and this was really a super fantastic culture. I'm placing bets.

http://www.plu.edu/~arnoldwp/method/home.html
http://www.latinamericanstudies.org/...montellano.htm
http://www.mexika.org/Sacrifice.html
http://www.mnsu.edu/emuseum/prehisto...cacrifice.html
http://www.essortment.com/all/aztecsacrifice_raif.htm
http://www.latinamericanstudies.org/...montellano.htm
http://www.livescience.com/history/h...ce_050123.html

Oh, and if you need pictures because the text is too hard:

http://history.missouristate.edu/jch...us_rituals.htm
http://www.latinamericanstudies.org/aztecs6.htm

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old August 17th, 2008, 08:16 PM
JFD
Julien Dalbin
05 Tdi 90

I'm not surprised at all that among all aspects of mesoamerican cultures, you will only focus on the ritual human sacrifice that was supposely done by the Aztecs. That is the selling argument, the killing and the blood. In the case of the Aztecs, let's forget about their advanced government system, let's forget about their communication and road system, let's forget about their gastronomy and botanical knowledge, let's also forget about their school system where childrens could learn writing, astronomy, statesmanship, theology, let's forget their craftsmanship and arts with poetry contests and theatre, let's forget all this and only remember the killing and the blood, because we needed something to hold against them 500 years ago and we need it today.

Oh, and let's also forget about the whole Maya civilization, let's forget about their architecture, let's forget about their knowledge in astronomy, specialized in Venus and the Moon (Dresden Codex), let's forget their writing system, let's also forget the whole Maya calendar, let's forget about their knowledge of mathematics and the concept of zero, let's forget about their agricultural system. Let's forget about all the Maya advanced civilization because there is no killing there, what are we going to hold against them.

Please don't tell me what are my options. They were both of them advanced civilizations, and just like before there is nothing you can write or google in 2 minutes to change this .
Old August 17th, 2008, 08:53 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFD
Excuse, change subject, redirect, both advanced, yes but..., bla bla
So you were completely wrong and I proved it. Nice job manning up.

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old August 17th, 2008, 09:38 PM
JFD
Julien Dalbin
05 Tdi 90

Quote:
So you were completely wrong and I proved it. Nice job manning up.
Yeah right... completely wrong, I bow to your brilliant mind .
Old August 17th, 2008, 11:05 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFD
Yeah right... completely wrong, I bow to your brilliant mind .
I can't stand people who operate like you. You say essentially that there was no human sacrifice, calling it "Hollywood crap", then tell me to prove you wrong. I did, undeniably, and you still can't man up.

Pathetic.

And btw, you do make me feel brilliant, so thank you for that.

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old August 18th, 2008, 06:44 AM
D90DRC
D Cantrell
1997 D90SW

<<<<Your a rock>>>

Go back to reading your revisionist Latin American History... Who is your favorite author Fidel Castro?

Following your line of logic The same argument could apply to Nazi Germany... Great advances in Medical Architectural, Technological, and Social redesign (( The killing of 6 million Jews)).... Not to mention the billion of so lives thhey destroyed The Germans did it and no amount of spin is going to change the fact that they as a people culture society whatever perpetrated the worst violations against humanity in modern history...

But because of the aforementioned accomplishments all else is forgiven...

So back to the intent of this string its total BS that the southern states have to keep kowtowing to Mexicans... Car theft should be like Horse theft in the old west... Hang em.... wheres Judge Roy Bean when we need him? Not on the Ninth Circuit Court... LOL
Old August 18th, 2008, 09:43 AM
JFD
Julien Dalbin
05 Tdi 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by D90DRC
Who is your favorite author Fidel Castro?
Just what we were missing, Mac Carthism. What's next, I'm a terrorist and you're going to send me to Guantanamo with no trial for a few years...

So basically you are saying that there is no great and advanced civilizations, because they all have their blood and killing episodes. Roman, one of the greatest civilization of all time: slavery, killing and wars. But we have political system and law system mainly because of them. England, great civilization also: triangular trade, mass killing of africans.
And in the case of the nazis, if they were all so bad, why your state department was fighting with the USSR to see who was going to take their scientists back home. You've been able to go to the moon mainly because of one of those guy.

I like you guys sense of history, you just pick what you need ...
Old August 18th, 2008, 11:35 AM
GYM
Gary
97 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFD
Just what we were missing, Mac Carthism. What's next, I'm a terrorist and you're going to send me to Guantanamo with no trial for a few years...

So basically you are saying that there is no great and advanced civilizations, because they all have their blood and killing episodes. Roman, one of the greatest civilization of all time: slavery, killing and wars. But we have political system and law system mainly because of them. England, great civilization also: triangular trade, mass killing of africans.
And in the case of the nazis, if they were all so bad, why your state department was fighting with the USSR to see who was going to take their scientists back home. You've been able to go to the moon mainly because of one of those guy.

I like you guys sense of history, you just pick what you need ...
JFD, come on now, speaking in platitudes does not further your case. What is evident is that you harbor a grudge against the US for some reason. That is certainly your right and your perogative. You're not the first, and you won't be the last.
If you dislike America so much, perhaps this US originated forum isn't the best place for you??
Old August 18th, 2008, 01:02 PM
JFD
Julien Dalbin
05 Tdi 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by GYM
JFD, come on now, speaking in platitudes does not further your case. What is evident is that you harbor a grudge against the US for some reason.
Well, not really. And you know, I don't feel I'm building a case. This is only history. The all point is that I don't think it's fair to trash a country because you feel that you have too much of their nationals in your own country. Rich countries can make new laws, new rules, big walls and fences and it will not stop massive immigration from poorest countries because it's not possible to stop people from trying to survive. You know we have here a huge Haitian immigration, 10 to 15 % of our population is from Haiti, we are facing the same problems you are, cultural and language differences, abuse of the social system, etc... . But that does not give me the right to say any kind of stupidity about their homeland. They have to deal with a very difficult situation right now, but for example did you know that not so long ago they were the first black independent republic in the whole world. The spanish part of the island was just a puppet of Spain, in the mean time Haiti influence was ruling in the all Caribbean.
Old August 18th, 2008, 05:32 PM
D90DRC
D Cantrell
1997 D90SW

Ok ill conceded to your warped point of view. Its ok to act in a manner that counters the rules and laws that govern our society because you perceive that your Latin culture was once far superior... Ok next time I'm in the Dominican Republic i"ll steal your 90 and rape your wife and mother..

Oh I'm American by birth but my ancestors go back 100 of years before Columbus got lost ...

You do have a Defender or are you a troll hanging out
Old August 18th, 2008, 06:32 PM
zimm
bart
anyone moves..... #238 sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFD
Well, not really. And you know, I don't feel I'm building a case. This is only history. The all point is that I don't think it's fair to trash a country because you feel that you have too much of their nationals in your own country. Rich countries can make new laws, new rules, big walls and fences and it will not stop massive immigration from poorest countries because it's not possible to stop people from trying to survive. You know we have here a huge Haitian immigration, 10 to 15 % of our population is from Haiti, we are facing the same problems you are, cultural and language differences, abuse of the social system, etc... . But that does not give me the right to say any kind of stupidity about their homeland. They have to deal with a very difficult situation right now, but for example did you know that not so long ago they were the first black independent republic in the whole world. The spanish part of the island was just a puppet of Spain, in the mean time Haiti influence was ruling in the all Caribbean.
whats this "feel" shit?

since were into opinions here, sell me.

why should your opinion about any of this count? does my opinion of your boarder issues count to you?
Old August 18th, 2008, 07:59 PM
pendy
jim pendleton
89'd90

But the women look good in brown skin. Until they are to heavy anyway.

Advice is only as good as the person applying it--
Don't make me give you bad advice!

Lemons or lemonaide, whatever your taste provides.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat