Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old December 30th, 2005, 01:12 PM
LRNAD90
Scott T
1995 Defender 90 ST

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn_Guinto
I actually bought that thing from eBay (UK) about a year ago. Mine was green with the white roof. I didn't like it that much... for one, it didn't look right and it only turned left (or maybe right).
It must be a different model. I was lucky enough to have my wife get me one for Christmas, first I had seen or heard of it. I came and did a search here to see if anyone had seen it yet, but someone else beat me to it I see.

At any rate, for a kids R/C toy this model seems very well detailed, turns left and right (with accompanying turn signals, along with headlights and back-up lights), has engine sounds and you can open and close the doors remotely. What really got me though was that it is true four wheel drive (In low gear, okay, it has open diffs unfortunately), and the axles articulate somewhat. I’m attaching a couple of photos. I shot a couple of small movies of it running over some books and a rock if someone can host them, or show me where to post them (bigger pics too if anyone wants to see them)for your guys, see what happens…

P.S. – I called today to try to order another one (to paint up like my yellow 90), but they said they were soldout and not getting anymore
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RC-D90#11.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	4692   Click image for larger version

Name:	RC-D90#22.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	4693  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 30th, 2005, 03:11 PM
Glenn_Guinto
Glenn Guinto
94LWB; 99D1; 06RR S/C

Registry
Oh damn... after seeing those closeup pics... it is indeed different. That looks cool. Shit... let me check my local pottery barn if they still have it...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old January 4th, 2006, 07:41 AM
LRNAD90
Scott T
1995 Defender 90 ST

Registry
Good News!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepeytr
P.S. – I called today to try to order another one (to paint up like my yellow 90), but they said they were soldout and not getting anymore
Happy Update. For kicks I decided to try and order one from the website, since it still showed them in stock. The order went through, and I received a shipping confirmation along with tracking information. UPS shows it in transit for delivery this friday, so Pottery Barn apparently still has some, how many I do not know. Makes me made though that the phone operator said they had no more....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 4th, 2006, 11:10 AM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Scott you must have gotten the last one. They just pulled the webpage. LOL

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old January 4th, 2006, 07:11 PM
newfD90
Chance
93 NAS 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtg067i
On a side note, did anyone happen to receive a Defender RC car from Pottery Barn for Kids? I saw it in the window last week and it was the only thing I directly asked for. The little kids were a bit surprised when I ran in all smiles to play with it last week in the mall.
I got one (actually two; I broke the first one. FYI It needs a front skid plate). Wife knows me well. Boudreaux (the dog) loves to chase it and drool on it.

"Fossil Fuel Rapid Disposal Unit"
Old January 5th, 2006, 08:48 AM
LRNAD90
Scott T
1995 Defender 90 ST

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisvonc
???? The link still seems to work for me, and they still show the item available, just not available in pre-wrapped form. Mine came a day early (yesterday). I also found them here...

http://www.mailorderexpress.co.uk/

But they show currently out of stock. They also have a police or fire version as well...

Old January 5th, 2006, 10:46 AM
dave_lucas
Dave Lucas
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisvonc
I placed my order yesterday on pottery barns website and received a shipping confirmation this morning. Says it will arrive Monday

FYI I also purchased the unwrapped version and they still show them in stock
Old January 5th, 2006, 12:37 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepeytr
???? The link still seems to work for me, and they still show the item available, just not available in pre-wrapped form. Mine came a day early (yesterday). I also found them here...
Duh, I'm an ass. The problem was I was clicking on the link in the quoted post. and not the full link.

Page is still there and I was able to order one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old January 5th, 2006, 01:27 PM
Dfndr90
Matt Wunderle
1995 Defender 90

The Pattery Barn Kids by my house has ten or monre of the in stock still. They are planning to send the to the Pottery Barn Closeout store in Columbus at the end of the month. Should be down to thirty dollars then. According to the store clerk, they have not been selling well at all. No one knows what the are. I may try to pick up a couple when they hit the outlet mall.

Matt...
Old January 5th, 2006, 04:07 PM
dave_lucas
Dave Lucas
None

Matt,

If they drop down that much I would take another one if you would not mind getting one for me

One to keep stock and one to Modify
Old January 5th, 2006, 06:00 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

I was just going to say, I will grab another if they get that low for that very reason.

Quote:
[/size]

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat