Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old May 28th, 2016, 10:16 PM
javelinadave
-
-

Memorial Day

I posted this of FB and thought I would also post it here:

The way Americans celebrate Memorial Day is pretty strange. The day honors everybody both military and civilian who gave their life in the defense of our country. As a nation I feel that most of us have forgotten about that. To most people it is a day off work, BBQ's, getting drunk and ushering in the summer. Somebody today wished me a Happy Memorial Day and I was taken aback a bit. How about wishing people a safe Memorial Day or at least take a minute to reflect on the fact that these heroes gave their life so that good would triumph over evil and that we as a nation remain free.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 28th, 2016, 11:24 PM
Ray_G
Ray Gerber
54 S1 86", 96 D1 (Coyote), 06 D3

Registry
Concur with the sentiment. I'm always torn because everyday is memorial day when you have a collection of these but the other side of it is that I have no doubt they'd want life to be lived-but it is appropriate to pause for a moment and take stock of the cost of getting to here-and then to keep pushing.
Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-05-26 05.56.10.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	150487
Old May 29th, 2016, 10:29 AM
grnrvrs
Paul

Thank you for all that you do. I appreciate your service and that of all of our service members.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Advertisement

Old May 29th, 2016, 01:00 PM
woldd90
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team

Your sacrifice and valor are very much appreciated. Thank you very much. For your service!

Old May 29th, 2016, 08:22 PM
Rugbier
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE - RRS SC

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by javelinadave View Post
I posted this of FB and thought I would also post it here:

The way Americans celebrate Memorial Day is pretty strange. The day honors everybody both military and civilian who gave their life in the defense of our country. As a nation I feel that most of us have forgotten about that. To most people it is a day off work, BBQ's, getting drunk and ushering in the summer. Somebody today wished me a Happy Memorial Day and I was taken aback a bit. How about wishing people a safe Memorial Day or at least take a minute to reflect on the fact that these heroes gave their life so that good would triumph over evil and that we as a nation remain free.

No one will ever say Hag Iom Hazikaron or Hag Sameah during Iom Hazikaron
Old May 29th, 2016, 11:24 PM
Sms65965
Susan
1986/Ninety

Every day is a good day to thank a Veteran. Tomorrow is the day in the US to remember those who've died while in service. Tomorrow, while my neighbors are roasting their weenies, I'll be at the local VA with my Rolling Thunder brothers and sisters remembering their brothers and sisters. (I'm not a veteran, but my dad is a Marine--MAG 11, Da Nang Vietnam--and I'm a RT member in honor of him.)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat