Mastercraft Rubicon Seats - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old December 13th, 2007, 03:56 PM
Shearpin
Henry Stinson
'73 Series III SWB '84 110 tdi

Mastercraft Rubicon Seats

I found a few photos of Mastercrafts in D90's - anyone fitted them in the front of a D110 station wagon? My main concern is rear seat legroom with the Mastercrafts installed. It's hard to get a sense of the depth of the seat and how far it would protrude into the already tight legroom. I am 6'2 so the standard seats are to their full rear adjustment.

Regarding mounts - does anyone have photos of their mounts which allow access to under seat storage? Any vendors making these?

Thanks again,
Henry
www.4x4freedom.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 14th, 2007, 01:23 AM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

I have them. In a 90 though. I made my own mounts. I can even send you a mount with a slider that I did many moons ago (4 or so years). They are thin so back seating room is not an issue. Also, they have a seat option with a removable cushion for the battery compartment.

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Old December 18th, 2007, 10:29 PM
Shearpin
Henry Stinson

Buck

Thank you for the response. My Rover's in winter storage at the moment but I am getting my spring orders together. The one benefit of winter is that while the Rover's in storage nothing gets broken or leaks etc. Gives me a chance to save some money for the other bits I need.

My 110 is an '84 so I have the Series style seats with the four bolt feet on them in place of the single bolt foot of the later style seats. I'll probably have to fab something up.

Any photos of your seat mounts?

Thanks again,
Henry
www.4x4freedom.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 19th, 2007, 07:41 AM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
Henry, are you saying your front seats are fixed on your 110? Mine has the D90 style seats and sliders. I'm 6'3" and the rearward adjustment is fine.

charles
Old December 19th, 2007, 10:13 AM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

He could have a mil-spec rover. They had series seats well into the 1980s.
Old December 19th, 2007, 12:02 PM
Shearpin
Henry Stinson

No, the seats aren't fixed... they are mounted on sliders and identical in appearance to the newer/NAS style seats. There is a square mounting plate on the bottom of the sliders that have four bolt holes through the seatbox in place of the single foot on the newer style seats.

My '73 series III has the same square 4 bolt pattern but the slider is of an entirely different design....

I think these are just older 110 seats....

Henry
www.4x4freedom.com

Follow-up Post:

In the attached photo you can almost make the mounts out..... Sorry, best photo I have...

Henry
www.4x4freedom.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010008.JPG
Views:	108
Size:	132.2 KB
ID:	11420  
Old December 19th, 2007, 08:35 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shearpin
No, the seats aren't fixed... they are mounted on sliders and identical in appearance to the newer/NAS style seats. There is a square mounting plate on the bottom of the sliders that have four bolt holes through the seatbox in place of the single foot on the newer style seats.

My '73 series III has the same square 4 bolt pattern but the slider is of an entirely different design....

I think these are just older 110 seats....

Henry
www.4x4freedom.com

Follow-up Post:

In the attached photo you can almost make the mounts out..... Sorry, best photo I have...

Henry
www.4x4freedom.com
Ah ha,

I think we have the same sliders. I have a 1990 Military D-90. If you have the same sliders, it is a super simple mod. You just weld on 2 flat bars of metal across the slider and bolt the Runicon seat directly to that. One thing to keep in mind, is that these seats are quite a bit wider than stock. If you have a tuffy console, you will have to remove a little bit of metal from the body near the rear bulkhead to fit it. It's simple and no one could ever notice. If no center console, then you just mount them closer together.

FYI, they are the best seats on the market, IMO.

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old December 19th, 2007, 09:27 PM
Shearpin
Henry Stinson

Thanks again Buck.... I don't have a tuffy at the moment - but it is on my list. I am familiar with the D90 tub and hope that trimming won't be necessary on the 110 station wagon. The 110 door pillar is box section and upright as per the photo. I think removing metal would be difficult.

Did you opt for the lumbar supports in your seats? The adjustment handle appears to protrude very far from the side of the seat - as you've stated clearance may be an issue.

Looks like I need to get my measuring tape out....

Any photos of the mastercrafts in place would be greatly appreciated.

Henry
www.4x4freedom.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010007.JPG
Views:	85
Size:	122.9 KB
ID:	11431  
Old December 19th, 2007, 10:26 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Thanks again Buck.... I don't have a tuffy at the moment - but it is on my list. I am familiar with the D90 tub and hope that trimming won't be necessary on the 110 station wagon. The 110 door pillar is box section and upright as per the photo. I think removing metal would be difficult.

Did you opt for the lumbar supports in your seats? The adjustment handle appears to protrude very far from the side of the seat - as you've stated clearance may be an issue.

Looks like I need to get my measuring tape out....

Any photos of the mastercrafts in place would be greatly appreciated.

Henry
www.4x4freedom.com
Hey,

I don't have any pictures of the seats installed really. I can try to find my camera of you really need them. I've linked up ones that kinda show it. The lumbar support is a must if you have a bad back (I do). The knob does not stick out past the outside of the seat so it shouldn't be a problem but I am not sure what you've got in the way. Looking at the pic you showed, it doesn't look like you will have any issue installing them. I'm happy to help if you need anything as I think they are a great fit for these trucks.

And a big FYI, PRP seats are nearly the exact same and cheaper.........

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old December 20th, 2007, 10:13 AM
Shearpin
Henry Stinson

Buck - thanks again. I like your exoskeleton - suits the Rover better then some I've seen. It must be the way you kept the Rover roof line.

I have my Series III at home and took a look at the tub again last night. The tub is very similar to the D90 and I think I see the metal you needed to trim. I guess the thing to do is to order the seats and install then measure for the appropriate Tuffy. I checked their site last night and wasn't aware they came in 12, 10, and 8 inch.

Henry
www.4x4freedom.com
Old December 20th, 2007, 11:03 AM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Buck - thanks again. I like your exoskeleton - suits the Rover better then some I've seen. It must be the way you kept the Rover roof line.

I have my Series III at home and took a look at the tub again last night. The tub is very similar to the D90 and I think I see the metal you needed to trim. I guess the thing to do is to order the seats and install then measure for the appropriate Tuffy. I checked their site last night and wasn't aware they came in 12, 10, and 8 inch.

Henry
www.4x4freedom.com
Thanks! It's not for everyone but it's saved my truck 4 times now from massive damage. I don't think you have to trim any metal. It was mostly my rear bulkhead which you don't have. I have the 10in tuffy and could fit the 12 but it would be hard to get my seatbelt on.

Cheers

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
master, seats