Old January 20th, 2016, 06:50 PM
Grover
Mike
Birmabright Bread Box/Swagger Wagon

Registry
Making a Murderer SPOILER ALERTS

Anyone watch this on Netflix?
It will make you think...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 20th, 2016, 07:04 PM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
Anyone watch this on Netflix? It will make you think...
Motherfuckers with 68 IQs definitely would be dumb enough to leave the departed's vehicle on their property. Oh and burn the body right behind their house.

Local police, with an IQ of 76 don't have the facilities to pull off such an elaborate scheme. First few episodes I was on the fence. Then, I considered the players involved and decided it was a more than reasonable burden of guilt.
Old January 20th, 2016, 08:08 PM
Fred Lobster
Pete Gerbine, III
1993 110 (#451)

Registry
Finished the series....doesn't appear to be cut and dry to me. The shows leaves a lot of doubt for guilt of the accused. Pretty intriguing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 20th, 2016, 08:29 PM
Daddymow
Raub A.
1987 D110 Tithonus

Registry
Just watched the first episode last night.
Old January 20th, 2016, 08:30 PM
Grover
Mike
Birmabright Bread Box/Swagger Wagon

Registry
Keys: only his DNA was found on the keys. How is that possible?
Also, there was no evidence of foul play in the bedroom and why is her blood in the back of the car if the cops say she was killed in the garage?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old January 20th, 2016, 08:40 PM
Jymmiejamz
Jimmy
1995 D90 SW #365

Registry
I'm not finished with it yet, but its just okay to me.
Old January 20th, 2016, 09:09 PM
boswalt
Brian Oswalt
1988 exmod 110

Registry
Calibre Press |Developing Smarter, Safer, More Successful Law Enforcement Officers

The author is a former police officer but he has no love for shitty cops. He makes good points and there is a lot of evidence left out of the "documentary". Even Avery's family members say they were pressured into saying good things about him during the filming.
Old January 20th, 2016, 09:25 PM
RamblerRob
Rob Apps
1967 series 2a 109 NADA

Registry
Yeah.. Part way through but pretty dicey story all 'round. The fact that the body was burned on site makes it tough to believe the fame wasn't involved in some way... BUT then the "confession" tapes paint a clearly different picture than what the police portrayed to the media. From what's been showed so far it seems at best the police were more concerned with nailing the guy holding a 36 million dollar settlement over their head than in finding the whole truth.
That being said to believe that the police planted all the evidence, car on the lot, remains in the fire pit, etc is a bit much. Not surprisingly there is no evidence to support the 'confession' account of what happened
Old January 20th, 2016, 11:16 PM
cowboy
steven
'84 2-carb'd V8 4-speed 110 LHD SW

So, the cops would murder a sweet, respectable young civilian lady just to frame this guy?
Old January 21st, 2016, 07:34 AM
LR Max
Thomason, Max
1973 Series 3 109

Yeah there is a lot of evidence that was not included in the document. Not to spoil it for those who haven't seen it yet, there was some DNA evidence that wasn't shown in the documentary nor some physical evidence.

We watched it with some of our lawyer friends. If you can, watch it with someone who is familiar with law. Their insight into everything makes it far more entertaining.
Old January 21st, 2016, 08:12 AM
boswalt
Brian Oswalt
1988 exmod 110

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamblerRob View Post
Yeah.. Part way through but pretty dicey story all 'round. The fact that the body was burned on site makes it tough to believe the fame wasn't involved in some way... BUT then the "confession" tapes paint a clearly different picture than what the police portrayed to the media. From what's been showed so far it seems at best the police were more concerned with nailing the guy holding a 36 million dollar settlement over their head than in finding the whole truth.
That being said to believe that the police planted all the evidence, car on the lot, remains in the fire pit, etc is a bit much. Not surprisingly there is no evidence to support the 'confession' account of what happened
The cops don't care about the lawsuit, their department's reputation maybe but most cops working weren't there 18 years ago when the initial investigation occurred and those that were aren't going to get everyone they'd need on board to pull off what this show alleges.
Old January 21st, 2016, 10:03 AM
giftshopduane
Chris luciano
72 Series 3 88"

The lack of any evidence in the bedroom, where he allegedly slit her throat, plus the key which magically appeared after what 5 searches? I think the sketchy neighbor/boyfriend guy had more to do with it than we think. I believe there is a lot of animosity all around for that family.. I am not convinced he's guilty, as I am not convinced the police was framing him. It's just not solved that's all. It's hard to believe that he is that dumb to commit a crime like this on the cusp of a potential multi million dollar settlement, but yet he's smart enough to clear all the DNA evidence from the scene,but dumb enough to leave the bones in the fire, but smart enough to rid the garage of almost all evidence (but an errant bullet) but dumb enough to leave her car on his property...see where this is going?
Old January 21st, 2016, 10:16 AM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Waiting for their follow up documentary on how OJ was innocent.
Old January 21st, 2016, 10:50 AM
LR Max
Thomason, Max
1973 Series 3 109

I heard the new theory that one of the other family members did the killing, but wanted to frame Steve.

Probably something to do with the money he was gonna get.

On that note, the individual policemen had motive. The settlement was going to come out of their own pockets, not from the county.
Old January 21st, 2016, 11:11 AM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by giftshopduane View Post
The lack of any evidence in the bedroom, where he allegedly slit her throat, plus the key which magically appeared after what 5 searches? I think the sketchy neighbor/boyfriend guy had more to do with it than we think. I believe there is a lot of animosity all around for that family.. I am not convinced he's guilty, as I am not convinced the police was framing him. It's just not solved that's all. It's hard to believe that he is that dumb to commit a crime like this on the cusp of a potential multi million dollar settlement, but yet he's smart enough to clear all the DNA evidence from the scene,but dumb enough to leave the bones in the fire, but smart enough to rid the garage of almost all evidence (but an errant bullet) but dumb enough to leave her car on his property...see where this is going?
It's a huge car lot
Could have done it anywhere on the property, and probably did based on her own blood being found in the trunk.

I'm not convinced any part of this crime happened in his garage or in his home. I actually disregard all of that. Not even sure she was shot to be honest

I just don't see the frame up when the convicted called and requested this girl specifically. Then blocked his number to call 2 more times (didn't think they'd be able to trace the number). I mean it's insanely cut and dry to me. And the 12 people who convicted on all of the evidence
Old January 21st, 2016, 11:22 AM
flippedrover
Tyler
'94 D-90

This is based on an actual case.
and you're the only bait in town.
You got fins to the left, fins to the right,
and you're the only girl in town.

Jimmy Buffett

Old January 21st, 2016, 03:57 PM
ini88
Daniel Marcello
1994 Defender 90 #916

Follow stevie_avery on Instagram.
1994 Defender 90 #916
1967 Lancia Fulvia
1974 Alfa Romeo GTV
Old January 21st, 2016, 04:14 PM
meatblanket
Mike Simpson
1955 86 1986 ExMOD 110

Registry
I can't get past Avery's claim that he didn't own any underwear.

And the dude burnt a cat.

Entertaining show but a bit skewed to make it look like a closer case than it really was.
Old August 13th, 2016, 11:35 AM
down_shift
Russell
94' D90 ST & 06' LR3

Registry
http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...ntent=20160813

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat