Lunch-time Luck - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old June 2nd, 2004, 02:36 PM
Eric Siepmann
Eric W. Siepmann
1997 Defender 90 SW

Lunch-time Luck

A group of us decided to enjoy the nice dry weather by heading out to lunch. The four of us were in the middle of the parking lot when a co-worker, Jen, says you're driving the rover right? I say no! I have a whole buch of sh!t in the back and don't want to mess with trying to get the jump seats down.

On the way to lunch in the lot, a lady in a lexus slams into us!

Thank-god nobody was hurt and I had my Bicycle and gear in the back of the 90. The lexus was a total mess. Front left was completely jacked and the radiator was leaking like a sive.

The best part was after the cop gets out, the first thing he says to the lady was it would have been in your fault if we weren't on private property. Then she says to us - it appears to be my fault Im sorry. I say it appears! My ass! 12 inches and my summer would have been gone to a body cast!

Playin the lottery tonight,

EwS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 2nd, 2004, 03:12 PM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

I always find it funny when its blatantly obvious whose at fault and the person at fault tries to play it down and act as if they really didn't do much wrong, then they try to pass some of the blame to you!

The other day an old man bumps into my rear DS tire; he was crossing into my lane over a solid white line. We pull over and inspect nothing wrong on my 90, some new dents and rubber on his front PS fender. He acts like it’s not his fault that he didn’t see me, I’m like “how the heck did you not see the big blue Rover right in front of you? You’re driving a little Toyota with zero blind spots! You can see the scuff mark on my rear tire and the dents on your front fender that puts you behind me pulling into my lane, not to mention you’re crossing over a solid white line!” We were also not traveling at more then 20 mph! He then says “well I’m not reporting this if you‘re not” and takes off.

Then a few days later a woman driving a minivan pulls out of a side street right in front of me (she’s at a stop sign that crosses the main road that I’m on) I pull as much as I can into oncoming traffic while sliding due to the rain. I glance the front bumper of her minivan with my front right tire. We both pull over. Nice big scuff on her bumper and some paint missing, no damage on my end. She says “It’s just so hard to pull out of that side street, you just have to go when you can” I’m like “what?” I was clearly coming down the road; I was spaced the same distance from the car in front of me as the 3 cars in front of it. Not to mention there were no cars behind me!”

I love people who don’t pay attention don’t you!
Old June 2nd, 2004, 03:58 PM
Glenn_Guinto
Glenn Guinto
94LWB; 99D1; 06RR S/C

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Siepmann
....when a co-worker, Jen, says you're driving the rover right? I say no! I have a whole buch of sh!t in the back and don't want to mess with trying to get the jump seats down.

On the way to lunch in the lot, a lady in a lexus slams into us!

Thank-god nobody was hurt and I had my Bicycle and gear in the back of the 90. ....
EwS

So did you actually drive the 90 or not? If so, any damages? Glad everyone is okay!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 2nd, 2004, 04:57 PM
Eric Siepmann
Eric W. Siepmann
1997 Defender 90 SW

Glen,

Didn't drive the ninety, thank god! It was happily watching from the sidelines not 20 feet away.

Mike,

I agree! The lady was late to pick up her boyfriend at the train station. She then admitted it was entirely her fault. What is wrong with everyone these days? If you're late or the intersection is busy just risk your own and others health becasue you have not patience? I hope these people just stop and realize just how close they come and stop being morons. In the very least let's hope they don't breed and pollute the gene pool anymore!

I hope Jen's insurance company gets that Lexus owners for every thing. She had to rent a car to drive all the way to the south side which is a 2 hour commute. And until the insurance companies work it out it is on her dime.

I bet someone will be single shortly! The lexus was her boyfriends. He showed up laer and had a really I am trying not to look pissed look on his face.....

EwS
Old June 2nd, 2004, 10:51 PM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Siepmann
Glen,
The lexus was her boyfriends. He showed up laer and had a really I am trying not to look pissed look on his face....EwS
LOL At the least she knows she's in trouble.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat