LRM - subscriptions and delivery times - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old March 19th, 2009, 11:26 AM
Paul / Boultbee
1994 D-90, Green #1576
LRM - subscriptions and delivery times

I just renewed my 2 yr subscription and man, LRM is mercenary. No extra room with a free edition or 2, like Time or Newsweek, Automotic, Nat Geo, etc. Subscription ends - it ends! My check entered LRM 2.2.09 and that was too late for me to get the March edition.

But my question - who else subscribes to LRM and is it delivered in a timely manner? At my house, LRM shows up at the end of the month meaning January 2009 arrived Jan 21st. This means all the internal competitions are expired. Every month my daughter and I look for George but can never participate in that competition, or any other for that matter, as the editions arrive post closing date (every time). Just crap delivery in USA, CA or my house?
This mailing time is weird. A message from LRM I got reads that my subscription payment was received Feb 2nd and that is still to late to get a regular March edition to me, e.g. it is already in the post. So, with that timeline, LRM is take 6-8 weeks for US delivery! At $7.50 an edition I would expect airmail, not parcel post.
Oh, and the kick to the nads on this, mid January I get the notice to renew, actually got my shit together and sent payment in the same week, & as mentioned was received at LRM 2.2.09. That is a Monday so I missed out on the free ratchet set. The deadline for that was Saturday Jan 31st, the business day prior.

I just love Customer Service that rewards new customers but does nothing for returning ones.

Hot off the press 1 minute ago - LRM just comp.ed the March issue. Seems they do have a soul afterall though shipping is still crap! Voodoo doll taken down and the Land Rover curse is lifted...

I'm contemplating thinking about thinking about it!
Old March 20th, 2009, 09:27 PM
Todd Miller
Land Rover
England is a long way from CA. Most magazines from Eng. come through a central dispatch in the USA. For the East Coast at least, they all come through NJ. I think they do a lot of sitting around. The ones I get have a special plastic cover that I think is added here before being mailed out. Also as for the tools you would not be eligible because you are not in the UK or Europe. I think the delay is this side of the pond.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat