LR4 water leak - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old October 18th, 2016, 01:48 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

I will look through all of them. I looked through the one Jason posted and thats the one that confused me as I can't find the drain tube.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 18th, 2016, 07:13 PM
navydevildoc
Neill Thornton
1984 D90 300 Tdi / 1965 Series IIA
Site Team

Registry
I remember doing this on my LR3 years ago, what a complete pain in the ass it was, it took me a weekend to get it done.

If you are going through all of this trouble, REALLY make sure you open up the ends (or cut off the crimp entirely) so you don't ever have to do it again.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 18th, 2016, 07:34 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

I just need to figure out where the stupid drain is on the drivers side. Sadly/thankfully it never rains here
Old October 18th, 2016, 07:41 PM
navydevildoc
Neill Thornton
Site Team

Registry
Yeah, we could really use the rain though....

I remember it being a total bitch to get to the driver's side. It was way up underneath the plastic inner fender. It was traumatic enough that I have blocked it out and have night sweats now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old October 18th, 2016, 07:48 PM
Jymmiejamz
Jimmy
1995 D90 SW #365

Registry
I just skimmed over this, sorry if this has been covered. First you should open the sunroof and pour some water into the sunroof drain pan at the front corners. If it doesn't drain, then you know it is clogged. If it is clogged, remove both vents on the front fenders. There are four tabs that hold them in place and can be a pain to get loose. Once you have those out, pull out the rubber intake hose a little bit so you expose the black piece of foam. Throw the foam into the trash. Behind that foam you should see the exit nipple of the drain tube. Blow some air (not a lot of pressure) into the nipple and wait for the water that is sitting in the tray to pour out.
Old October 18th, 2016, 08:00 PM
Al Blue4.6l
Allen
2006 LR3

if the nipple isnt there on one side, it gets more complicated. I haven't done that myself, so I can't add anything, but it is mentioned in the instructions Russell posted.
Old October 18th, 2016, 08:12 PM
navydevildoc
Neill Thornton
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jymmiejamz View Post
I just skimmed over this, sorry if this has been covered. First you should open the sunroof and pour some water into the sunroof drain pan at the front corners. If it doesn't drain, then you know it is clogged. If it is clogged, remove both vents on the front fenders. There are four tabs that hold them in place and can be a pain to get loose. Once you have those out, pull out the rubber intake hose a little bit so you expose the black piece of foam. Throw the foam into the trash. Behind that foam you should see the exit nipple of the drain tube. Blow some air (not a lot of pressure) into the nipple and wait for the water that is sitting in the tray to pour out.
There is no vent on the driver's side. That's the whole problem. The tube is in the same place, but without the air intake vent you can't get to it real easy.

Old October 18th, 2016, 08:14 PM
Jymmiejamz
Jimmy
1995 D90 SW #365

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by navydevildoc View Post
There is no vent on the driver's side. That's the whole problem. The tube is in the same place, but without the air intake vent you can't get to it real easy.
Are we talking LR3 or LR4? LR4 has two air intakes.

------ Follow up post added October 18th, 2016 08:15 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Blue4.6l View Post
if the nipple isnt there on one side, it gets more complicated. I haven't done that myself, so I can't add anything, but it is mentioned in the instructions Russell posted.
Yes that does suck, especially on the passenger side if it is a LR3 since you need to removed the CJB to get to the tube. There is more room on an LR4.
Old October 18th, 2016, 08:16 PM
navydevildoc
Neill Thornton
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Are we talking LR3 or LR4? LR4 has two air intakes.

Doh! Yeah, I forgot we were talking about the LR4.... I always thought that other vent was cosmetic, does it actually do something?

Old October 18th, 2016, 08:17 PM
Jymmiejamz
Jimmy
1995 D90 SW #365

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by navydevildoc View Post
Doh! Yeah, I forgot we were talking about the LR4.... I always thought that other vent was cosmetic, does it actually do something?
Yes, it is the intake for the driver's side air box. LR4 has two air filters.
Old October 18th, 2016, 08:38 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Quote:
Yes, it is the intake for the driver's side air box. LR4 has two air filters.
Will do this today and let everyone know. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat