Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old December 24th, 2013, 09:36 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
LR3 tire wear settlement

Not sure if this has been posted, but if you've got an '05 or '06 that had it's tires or any tire replaced under 36,000 miles then you can participate. Amazingly, the crappy tires that mine came with (Goodyear if I recall) when purchased new DID wear out prior to 36K and I replaced them with Michelins...so hopefully I'll get paid, get paid:

http://www.lr3tirewearsettlement.com/
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 25th, 2013, 09:24 AM
Jymmiejamz
Jimmy
1995 D90 SW #365

Registry
36k miles? All newer Land Rovers wear out tires between 25-35k miles unless they are aligned, balanced, and rotated regularly. I saw one set of Goodyears last to 48k, but that vehicle (my uncles) got an alignment every other service and way only driven on the highway. I've replaced tires on the 2010+ RRS's with fewer than 20k miles.
Old December 25th, 2013, 09:43 AM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jymmiejamz View Post
36k miles? All newer Land Rovers wear out tires between 25-35k miles unless they are aligned, balanced, and rotated regularly. I saw one set of Goodyears last to 48k, but that vehicle (my uncles) got an alignment every other service and way only driven on the highway. I've replaced tires on the 2010+ RRS's with fewer than 20k miles.
Actually, the Michelin Synchrones I replaced them with did 60k+ and just finally replaced them this summer. The only reason I even had to replace them was due to cracking on the sidewalls due to age, they still had 30%+ tread life. And I NEVER rotated them (literally), and just got one alignment a year.

I do however realize I am probably the exception to the rule. But I am obsessive about tire pressure and made sure I had no control arm bushing wear that could have compromised tire wear.

Needless to say I put another set of Michelins on, though the Synchrones got phased out and replaced by their Latitudes.
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 25th, 2013, 09:03 PM
Jymmiejamz
Jimmy
1995 D90 SW #365

Registry
That's impressive! Synchrones and Lattitudes are great tires, but the Diamaris is absolutely terrible.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
lr3, tire