LR Clubs Using Land Rover Logos and Name - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old November 5th, 2014, 12:28 AM
Dogpilot
James Wallace
Defender 90 1997 NAS ST

Registry
Look trademark law is weird. If you don't defend it you can loose it. One of my friends had an insurance company for 30 years John G. Alden Insurance. He did super yachts, aircraft and such. Well John Alden Health insurance sued him over trademark. Even though he had had it 15 years longer than they, he lost it. Now he is Atlass Insurance. I had to change my company name as well, but more due to a selling agreement of one of my companies. I actually forgot I had to change it within a year after I sold the other. So I had a week to come up with some kind of goofy name for the corporation and change every piece of paper. check, card and bank accounts, charge cards and so on. Real PIA.

Try using any iteration of Microsoft or Apple or any other popular product. I do have a friend in the Bahamas, he is the son of the founder of Apple Records, remember, Beatles. Well he got a tasty bit o cash from Apple computer a while back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 5th, 2014, 12:43 PM
ini88
Daniel Marcello
Alloy+Grit Creative Director

We are changing ours to NJABLMP "New Jersey Always Broken & Leaking Money Pit Group"... And to think NJLR "New Jersey Land Rover Group" was nicer towards their branding, but I guess we will have to rename it
1994 Defender 90 #916
1967 Lancia Fulvia
1974 Alfa Romeo GTV
Old November 5th, 2014, 12:52 PM
fishEH
Brett Fritzler
94, 95, 96 D1's

Quote:
Originally Posted by ini88 View Post
We are changing ours to NJABLMP "New Jersey Always Broken & Leaking Money Pit Group"... And to think NJLR "New Jersey Land Rover Group" was nicer towards their branding, but I guess we will have to rename it
Actually, that is pretty much exactly what the letter states you cannot do LOL. They aren't making anybody change their name or their logo.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 5th, 2014, 12:52 PM
rmuller
Ryan
1966 S2a 88" | 2006 LR3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ini88 View Post
That's why NJLR isn't a club... it's a street gang.
1966 Series IIa "Olive"
2001 Discovery II
2006 LR3 HSE7

Past: 1994 Defender 90 #416, 2001 Discovery II
Old November 5th, 2014, 12:55 PM
the rover shop
shayne young
89,93 & 95 camel trophy 110s 06 130

Just tell them rover is not a word..it's an abbreviation... Really Over-rated Very Expensive Relics..or
Really Overpriced Very Expensive Repairs.... Or tell them that every time your wife took it in to the stealership she felt like they were trying to Bend heR OVER.
Old November 5th, 2014, 01:12 PM
1of40
1of40
NAS 97SW & 83 One Ten Tdi

Registry
There you go! Start a new blog called Bend rOver dedicated to documenting land rover dealership repair estimates on NAS and ROW Defenders. Maybe the satire will stick like it technically did for Dumb Starbucks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
land rover