Lost luggage claim - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old November 27th, 2012, 09:12 PM
Craigd
Craig Dickson
1995 D90 Red Soft top

Registry
My NRA magazines have horror stories about peoples planes being diverted to places like chicago and when the guy trues to check his bag gets arrested for having a handgun in a city that does not allow handguns.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 27th, 2012, 09:29 PM
tjfslaughter
thomas
Burbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigd View Post
My NRA magazines have horror stories about peoples planes being diverted to places like chicago and when the guy trues to check his bag gets arrested for having a handgun in a city that does not allow handguns.
Sounds like the guys in Chicago are fuck-tards.

This is my bag that I packed tonight. Will be checking it into an NYC airport with no problems. People need to know the laws. Also people enforcing the laws should have some knowledge as well.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2496656160.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	508.9 KB
ID:	61706
Old November 27th, 2012, 09:34 PM
Rugbier
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE - RRS SC

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjfslaughter View Post
I have been asked to put the ammo in a seperate bag... Now the airlines don't even open the bags for the most part. This season it was never opened (at EWR, Jackson Hole, ABQ, etc..)

They have a new scanner that can see if a bullet is in the gun. As explained by TSA.

I won't use TSA locks. I usually have to wait about 10 minutes after the gopher takes the gun to TSA and tells me to go ahead through security (because I have the key's).

If you use TSA locks, you are braking the law if the Firearm transported get in the wrong hand or is a Class III item ( as you voluntarily surrendered the weapon to an unknown person that might not be legally qualified to hold a firearm )

I've often traveled with the Silencer/Pistol, and 90% of the time, remains with me, through accompanied Security , up to the plane gate where it gets surrender and given to the Captain. ( of course locked )

Every time I have checked a Peli with a rifle, I had it locked , opened it when asked and promptly locked it IN THEIR FACE

------ Follow up post added November 27th, 2012 09:38 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigd View Post

While you are in transit ( and stopped not by your will ) you can have a handgun in a case even in NYC or DC and those MoFo hates guns.

There are many laws that will protect you, and if falsely arrested , sue their butts all the way to the White House.

Will not cost you a penny, Lawyers like Gura, would love to teach the idiots about 2nd amendment, FOPA, and few other laws RoboCops disregards when their EGOBOOST kicks in
Advertisement

Old November 27th, 2012, 09:52 PM
tjfslaughter
thomas
Burbon

Goose. Exactly

Sorry this thread skewered off topic. I will be flying Thursday and Sunday this week with a long arm. Then Monday and Sunday of the following week....
Old November 27th, 2012, 09:54 PM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugbier
There are many laws that will protect you, and if falsely arrested , sue their butts all the way to the White House.

Will not cost you a penny, Lawyers like Gura, would love to teach the idiots about 2nd amendment, FOPA, and few other laws RoboCops disregards when their EGOBOOST kicks in
x2

If you are following the Federal guidelines on how to transport a weapon you should be fine.

That doesn't mean they will try to rape your rights.

New Jersey has a few of those cases.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old December 7th, 2012, 01:31 PM
aosias
Alexandra
1995 D90

Registry
Just an update for giggles.

I just bought my Garmin running watch off a guy on CL here in town. Seriously. My damn watch- case, HR strap, foot pod (that was on my shoe in the bag) and wall charger. Serial numbers match and they didn't bother to erase my custom workouts from it. Just updated the personal data so it wouldn't be mine.

We filed a police report after ya'll suggested it so I left the cop a message. Guess DIA has some theft issues with employees or at baggage claim.

Still pissed about the brand new Patagonia jackets and the hand stitched Defender belt I had in there.
Old December 7th, 2012, 01:43 PM
Jackie Treehorn
A
1985 (legitimately)

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by aosias View Post
Just an update for giggles.

I just bought my Garmin running watch off a guy on CL here in town. Seriously. My damn watch- case, HR strap, foot pod (that was on my shoe in the bag) and wall charger. Serial numbers match and they didn't bother to erase my custom workouts from it. Just updated the personal data so it wouldn't be mine.

We filed a police report after ya'll suggested it so I left the cop a message. Guess DIA has some theft issues with employees or at baggage claim.

Still pissed about the brand new Patagonia jackets and the hand stitched Defender belt I had in there.
that's crazy! now what, do you have the police arrest him for recieving stolen property? How did you hold back from confronting him right there and then?
Old December 7th, 2012, 01:55 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Treehorn View Post
that's crazy! now what, do you have the police arrest him for recieving stolen property? How did you hold back from confronting him right there and then?
I would have gone there and held him at gunpoint.
Old December 7th, 2012, 01:56 PM
aosias
Alexandra
1995 D90

Registry
He was busy ogling my 110 and talking about seeing them when he served overseas. I called him last week and asked for the serial # on the back of the watch- the one he gave me didn't match mine so I didn't think it was mine at first.

When I got home and compared the unit ID on the software to the unit ID on my registration they were the same. He didn't erase my stored workouts and races from the last year. They cleared the basic history- like when you sync it but not all the set up data.

I thought it was weird he had it on the bike screen when he was saying he's a runner, but I was stoked to be getting the same set up I lost for cheap off CL since I have zero faith in the airlines reimbursing me for full value of items and we are way over their crappy limit. Not to mention he is a Denver firefighter- we should trust those folks right?

Left the DPD detective a message and forwarded the CL ad to him. Can't say I have much faith that this will produce anything else, just couldn't believe it actually happened.
Old December 7th, 2012, 02:12 PM
woldd90
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team

You should call him back and tell him it stopped working... Bring the cop with when you return it.

I think thieves should be put in a chipper feet first.

Old December 7th, 2012, 02:34 PM
sonoronos
Ed
None

Registry
What airline did you fly with? I want to avoid them in the future.
Old December 7th, 2012, 02:39 PM
broadstone
Chris
'84 CSW 90 '74 NADA III '97 CSW 110

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by woldd90 View Post
You should call him back and tell him it stopped working... Bring the cop with when you return it.

I think thieves should be put in a chipper feet first.
Better yet take the detective to the firehouse when thed-bag is working and call him out on it in front of everone. I must say you are a much more rational individual than most would be.
Old December 7th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Rod Hayward
Rod Hayward
95 D90 Green #2288

Hey Alex, there's a guy on here was with DFD. Bjenks or something like that. Haven't seen him post in a bit. Seemed like a good guy. It's a big department but maybe he can help you with this other fella...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjfslaughter View Post
This is my bag that I packed tonight.

Attachment 61706
Nice old Sako...
Spittin' image of my 'ol Finnbear 375 H&H

Leave some for seed...
Old December 7th, 2012, 03:31 PM
Jackie Treehorn
A
1985 (legitimately)

Registry
Quote:
He was busy ogling my 110 and talking about seeing them when he served overseas. I called him last week and asked for the serial # on the back of the watch- the one he gave me didn't match mine so I didn't think it was mine at first.

When I got home and compared the unit ID on the software to the unit ID on my registration they were the same. He didn't erase my stored workouts and races from the last year. They cleared the basic history- like when you sync it but not all the set up data.

I thought it was weird he had it on the bike screen when he was saying he's a runner, but I was stoked to be getting the same set up I lost for cheap off CL since I have zero faith in the airlines reimbursing me for full value of items and we are way over their crappy limit. Not to mention he is a Denver firefighter- we should trust those folks right?

Left the DPD detective a message and forwarded the CL ad to him. Can't say I have much faith that this will produce anything else, just couldn't believe it actually happened.

"Fucking Firefighters!" (in a thick Boston accent) - A great line from the movie "The Departed"

I sincerely hope somebody follows through on this. That's total bullshit that this guy is allowed to suck resources as a public service personal. Guy should at a minimum be confronted by a detective, even if there is insufficient evidence to prosecute.

To bring this discussion back to the denominator of guns, this is precisely the reason why we should never give up rights to own/carry firearms (when law enforcement is unable to properly protect us from theives).
Old December 7th, 2012, 03:33 PM
aosias
Alexandra
1995 D90

Registry
Next item I find on CL I'm taking ya'll with to get. Should be fun to watch.

Waiting to hear back from the detective.

It was Frontier. They were great up until they told me my bag was in Nashville and would be on the next flight.
Old December 7th, 2012, 03:51 PM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
Quote:
Next item I find on CL I'm taking ya'll with to get. Should be fun to watch.
It should be something like this...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat