looking at a 110 nas... - Page 3 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old August 4th, 2008, 08:07 AM
zimm
bart
anyone moves..... #238 sold

the rig was bought on saturday. i look forward to driving it this next week to figure out what all needs a fixin'.

list to date...

fuel guage is all over the place. it has a new tank and guard. ill trace down the wiring to see what gives. i wonder if they reused the sending unit.

hood cable is shot. i found an area down by the headders where the plastic was damaged and im betting its too rusty to slavage in there. the 10 bucks for a new one wont break the bank at this point.

clunk in the back over speed strip style bumps. it has that shock bushing sound to me. may slap some bilsteins on anyway. you guys like bilsteins or OME's? or other? ive always had good results with bilsteins on other make trucks. the rig has rover HD springs (1-1.5" lift i believe) but the PO used OE shocks. not sure why he did that, but it rides real nice. im sure there will be lotsa PO mysteries to come. the guy had it since new.

i wanna keep the LR radio, but the sound sucks. anyone just swap speakers with success?

amsoil. do you guys recommend swapping to synth, or keeping the dyno. its got 43k on the clock, and older toyota seals seem to give up the ghost when changed from dino to synth. any experience with that here?

Follow-up Post:

he also gave me a set of OEM mudflaps with mounting kits. put them on or keep them off?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 14th, 2008, 08:07 PM
zimm
bart

a couple pics. finally found that sony battery. pita sony crapola.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00241.JPG
Views:	156
Size:	145.2 KB
ID:	14773   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00239.JPG
Views:	142
Size:	145.7 KB
ID:	14774  

Old August 14th, 2008, 08:09 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
There's really no complimentary way to say this, but you are a dirty bastard.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 14th, 2008, 09:19 PM
zimm
bart

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC
There's really no complimentary way to say this, but you are a dirty bastard.

ill be honest. this thing is sweet, for the most part. little items that a 2 bannana mechanic can fix.

valve tap (owners assesmet of the y-pipe crack was wrong). some play in the drive train (seems to me, never drove one till now so i dont know whats normal, i cant seem to get the gear changes smooth), needs rear shock bushings, new ac cable (ac is cold) and new hood latch cable. fuel guage is bonkers, but theres a brand new tank and skidplate back there. nothing i wouldnt expect out of 43000 mile english engineering (had an mg. everything is a little querky in england).

the oil checked good, and when i pulled the plugs, they were the originals, but had "worn" as the should and evenly across the cylinders.

other than that, this thing is soooooooo cooooooool. and it rides really good for live axel rig. better than my 86 fj60 did, by far. i didnt expect it to be as solid as toyota, and smoother too.

im gonna hate to part with it.

ill post more pics when i get the chance. i need them to be in at least a field or something. driveway shots are too lazy for this rig.
Old August 14th, 2008, 09:32 PM
phoenix37
john
97 D90 ST / 1957 S1 109/ 1983 LS110

Registry
So your gonna flip it?
Old August 14th, 2008, 10:09 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
How much you want to make on it? Let me know...

Old August 14th, 2008, 11:13 PM
discotdi
Todd Miller
Land Rover

Looks like it still has the original Mich. 7.50x16 tires. very cool. Don't think you can get those anymore.
Old August 15th, 2008, 01:29 PM
zimm
bart

Quote:
Originally Posted by discotdi
Looks like it still has the original Mich. 7.50x16 tires. very cool. Don't think you can get those anymore.
i noticed that too. not original though. when i asked him, he said he got them at NTB of all places. in fact the receipt is in some of the stuff he handed over, ill look when i get home, to see the date of purchase. i dont know if it was recent, or 2001 when it went to storage.

oh yea, he also gave me the original Land Rover recovery kit, still in the box. bag, gloves, snatch block, chain, tree saver, and directions. pretty cool. hes looking for the video he got with it, showing how to off road.

funny thing is, i just replaced all my recovery gear this summer. so all this crap will stay in the box.
Old August 16th, 2008, 12:39 AM
discotdi
Todd Miller
Land Rover

Smile

must have been 2001. looks like you found a great truck. congrats, lucky bastardo
Old November 1st, 2008, 05:18 PM
zimm
bart

truck will be headed to the block, soon. ill entertain serious offers before i make an official for sale thread in the for sale section. i want to avoid a flood of tire kickers. PM me for pics. i move slow so dont expect them in 1 hour.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00327.JPG
Views:	112
Size:	144.2 KB
ID:	16092   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00319.JPG
Views:	101
Size:	137.4 KB
ID:	16093  

Old November 1st, 2008, 07:09 PM
phoenix37
john
97 D90 ST / 1957 S1 109/ 1983 LS110

Registry
How much you got into it above the 30k you paid?
Old November 1st, 2008, 07:50 PM
woldd90
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team

Why are you selling it so quickly? Didn't you just buy it a few months back?

Old November 1st, 2008, 08:28 PM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
Just Defenders, nothing else.
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimm
truck will be headed to the block, soon. ill entertain serious offers before i make an official for sale thread in the for sale section. i want to avoid a flood of tire kickers. PM me for pics. i move slow so dont expect them in 1 hour.

Send me an email. we are always buying and it is a no hassle sale.

I do not check PMs. Call or email if you need something.

ECR is not a parts source. We are not in the mail order business.
Old November 1st, 2008, 08:32 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
I used to think I was a lucky guy but i think zimm/bart takes the cake here.
Old November 2nd, 2008, 12:09 PM
zimm
bart

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix37
How much you got into it above the 30k you paid?
nothing besides the declared value insurance in case i got t-boned while going to the mall. i didnt have time to mess with it. ive been going 6-7 days a week, and taking time to "work" just wasnt happening. got steeler tickets, and up til now, the girls fall softball. the softball thing has gotten assanine. 2-3 teams and 3 seasons a year.
Old November 2nd, 2008, 12:30 PM
zimm
bart

Quote:
Originally Posted by woldd90
Why are you selling it so quickly? Didn't you just buy it a few months back?
i coulda flipped it immediately, but i always wanted one and i really tried to live with it. its a great truck in allot of ways... but... its uncomfortable. im 6'4 and this thing is made for shorter people. add in the interior roll bar, and i cant drive it for long w/o a cramp somewhere. whats the point of an adventure rig, thats too uncomfortable to adventure in? im sure ill regret it, being as i dont need the money. also, i live in pittsburgh, and we seem to have a facination with salt. this thing will last 50 years in texas, but a couple seasons on the road here, and itll be toast. so, that leaves me with a rather pricey rig, that i cant drive too far and i have to garage 4 months a year.

what id like is a diesel defender 90/series short wheel base, with the bulkhead removed/moved for tall seating, aftermarket buckets to support my right leg, and a galvanized frame. that'd prolly work much better for me. it just wouldnt look as cool. these are these coooolest looking suvs out there. (im open to partial trades for something that lights my fire, i guess)

its a sucky decision to make, really, and im kinda sad it aint workin out. but its the most reasonable path. (i feel like im dumping a HS sweetheart)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECR
Send me an email. we are always buying and it is a no hassle sale.
yer on the short list. i got a couple private party lookers. i have a feeling all 110NAS's end up in your shop at some point or another. just a matter of father time.
Old November 2nd, 2008, 12:39 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Fixed this thread to prevent highjacking.

Old November 2nd, 2008, 12:40 PM
Montgo1715
D Montgomery
1994 AA

I'm on my third screwdriver and didn't realize there was more to this thread than the first page...thought it would give you another option! I'm up to speed now...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
110, nas