Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old June 20th, 2014, 07:10 AM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
Look at the ROWs on fleabay?!

I mean the prices are absurd; looks like every clown with a spray booth is trying to make some quick cash...

I mean 65k for a 'rebuilt' 300 tdi is absurd IMO

------ Follow up post added June 20th, 2014 05:15 AM ------

I wonder if Brits look at the two toned paint jobs like I look at a purple and black late 90s honda accord...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 20th, 2014, 07:33 AM
1of40
1of40
NAS 97SW & 83 One Ten Tdi

Registry
I seriously doubt any of that stuff is actually sold at those prices. I might be wrong but my suspicion is these asking prices are just that, asking prices. Clay

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old June 20th, 2014, 07:39 AM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1of40 View Post
I seriously doubt any of that stuff is actually sold at those prices. I might be wrong but my suspicion is these asking prices are just that, asking prices. Clay
Agree 100%; I don't know if it's good or bad for us ROW owners that the market is being saturated with 'spray and pray' rebuilds
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 20th, 2014, 07:44 AM
leastonce
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtomchik View Post
I mean the prices are absurd; looks like every clown with a spray booth is trying to make some quick cash... I mean 65k for a 'rebuilt' 300 tdi is absurd IMO ------ Follow up post added June 20th, 2014 05:15 AM ------ I wonder if Brits look at the two toned paint jobs like I look at a purple and black late 90s honda accord...
Yep we do. Every clown has jumped on gouge the yanks bandwagon.
Cat Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Old June 20th, 2014, 07:55 AM
1of40
1of40
NAS 97SW & 83 One Ten Tdi

Registry
Well, IMO, the more jacked up NBA Baller eBay specials help the clean original ROW survivors. Anything can be restored and modified, right?

Clay

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old June 20th, 2014, 09:34 AM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Quote:
I mean the prices are absurd; looks like every clown with a spray booth is trying to make some quick cash...

I mean 65k for a 'rebuilt' 300 tdi is absurd IMO

------ Follow up post added June 20th, 2014 05:15 AM ------

I wonder if Brits look at the two toned paint jobs like I look at a purple and black late 90s honda accord...
I bit my tongue, but this was one of the main reasons I raised my eyebrow the other day when you said this over in the TD5 thread.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
For Gods sake, why do people want to hassle with grey / black market vehicles. Just find a NAS buy it and enjoy it ...
$? NAS trucks aren't free and ROW are more affordable
Old June 20th, 2014, 10:38 AM
One Ten
Sam
1994 NAS SW

$65k for one on EBay or 2 for $11k right here on defender source!!! Oh wait, I missed that deal.
Old June 20th, 2014, 10:54 AM
Brewie212
Brian Kandefer
1957 107 wagon, 94 arles St, 101 FC

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Ten View Post
$65k for one on EBay or 2 for $11k right here on defender source!!! Oh wait, I missed that deal.
what ever mister 11k NAS 94
Old June 20th, 2014, 11:13 PM
Jackie Treehorn
A
1985 (legitimately)

Registry
It's not just ROW trucks that are being pushed by absolute muppets.
Check out this NAS 90 listing http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Land-...a9efc2&vxp=mtr

"NO SIGNS OF BEING EVER OFF-ROAD-NO RUST OR ACCIDENTS!"

Riiiiight! No signs of ever being off road. That's why it has skid plates, diff guards, high lift jack and winch. Never been off road though.

It's really just typical used car bullshit. Whether it's here or in the UK, these guys are just salesman.

As an aside, speaking of "salesmen"....I was fueling up the D last week and this guy walks up and wants to talk about Defenders. Guy starts off by telling me that he just read all about the "loopholes" and rules about importing from a Money Magizine article done on this company that specialized in nothing but $100,000 plus Defenders....West Coast Defenders.
He asked me if I'd heard of them.
It was hard not to laugh. I didn't really want to be disrespectful to the guy, but it was hard not to bust out laughing. Not at him, but at the avalanche of PR done by West Coast Defenders without anyone seeing anything they've ever sold or restored.

Anyway, I have no clue on market value trends but I'm glad I got mine
Ballers wanna roll on 22-Dubs on their Defender, great for them! Those trucks will all end up in true enthusiasts hands anyway after the first year. We all know how much love and affection and attention these trucks need. I'd imagine the typical buyer of the blingy trucks doesn't have the attention span to deal with long term ownership.
Old June 21st, 2014, 01:31 AM
Toughy
Chris
95 Yellow ST

@Jackie Treehorn, Remember it's a W.Coast car and in L.A none the less, so alot of people here wanna deck it out to "Look" like something else, that said all that gear on it is normal and the closest thing to dirt that 90's seen is a crushed granite driveway.

Agreed on price it's completely absurd. C'mon I hate to say it but it's pushing more and more people to buy a lesser but capable Rubicon, or an even crazier expensive G550 which brings the 90 to be more an antique than a usuable awesome rig it was created to be. We all know asking price is just that and selling price Helps determine value, it's all case by case, but sadly this is america and there's an ass for every seat!

my 5 turkish lira

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat