Long Beach possible relocation info - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old July 27th, 2013, 01:19 PM
dave_lucas
Dave Lucas
None

Long Beach possible relocation info

Have a relocation opportunity in the Long Beach area (Wilmington / Carson Area) and looking for info on where a good area to live would be? Would like to keep the commute under 45 mins on average if possible.

We have lived in the burbs, downtown and in the mountains of Colorado and each place has it draw so open to different situations.

I know nothing about the area and know there are several people on the board that live in the area so any information would be great.

We like MT biking, camping, rovers, the wife’s into road cycling, Love the beach and used to surf and would like to give it a go again if we end up in that area.

Wife’s job would in the LB area, I have no idea where I would end up but work in IT so that may be a consideration if there is a tech center.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 27th, 2013, 01:27 PM
navydevildoc
Neill Thornton
1984 D90 300 Tdi / 1965 Series IIA
Site Team

Registry
IT could be really anywhere... Irvine / Orange County in general has a lot, same with around Santa Monica.

If you don't mind working in defense, Northrop Grumman's headquarters is in El Segundo, and Boeing has a massive facility in Seal Beach.

I can't speak to commutes, I will let someone else talk about that. I do know you want to avoid the 405 and 91 pretty much at all costs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old July 27th, 2013, 06:50 PM
Birdman
Chris Bird
1995 D90 ST #2046

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_lucas View Post
Have a relocation opportunity in the Long Beach area (Wilmington / Carson Area) and looking for info on where a good area to live would be? Would like to keep the commute under 45 mins on average if possible.

We have lived in the burbs, downtown and in the mountains of Colorado and each place has it draw so open to different situations.

I know nothing about the area and know there are several people on the board that live in the area so any information would be great.

We like MT biking, camping, rovers, the wife’s into road cycling, Love the beach and used to surf and would like to give it a go again if we end up in that area.

Wife’s job would in the LB area, I have no idea where I would end up but work in IT so that may be a consideration if there is a tech center.

Try the South Bay (Redondo, Hermosa, Manhattan Beaches). I lived there, Orange County, Santa Monica, Venice Beach and No CA too. Good times. Dave- give me a call if you want some insight to the area.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
ac