Line X / Spray In Liner ? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old May 27th, 2004, 08:25 AM
rcmorgan540
Casey Morgan

Line X / Spray In Liner ?

Has anyone used Line X for their interior panels? I am thinking about doing the entire floor and side sections in the rear. I am just not sure what I could screw up doing it. Has anyone done this or thought about it? It does not have to be Line X. It could be any other spray in liner brand.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 27th, 2004, 08:30 AM
Glenn_Guinto
Glenn Guinto
94LWB; 99D1; 06RR S/C

Registry
A few people in the board did it with either Herculiner or Rhinoliner and from what I've read have been pleased with the results. Some just use the Dynamat for sound deadening and it seems to work out fine. This is the way I will do it on my ST this summer, at least on the seat box, floors and tranny tunnel. It should cut down the heat that it emits from down there.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old May 27th, 2004, 08:47 AM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

Some good threads

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ead.php?t=1153
http://www.defendersource.com/forum/f6/replace-tranny-hump-insulation-64.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 27th, 2004, 09:59 AM
tbmcneill

The Rhinolining is going to be a bit more 'rubbery' than the LineX. I've got the Rhinolining in my truck and love it...

Of course, the Pentagon now has its walls coated in LineX to keep wall shrapnel from flying if a bomb was every to hit the building now ... so, you know its strong. It'd be hard to go wrong with either.
T
Old May 27th, 2004, 03:42 PM
m.michaels
Matthew Michaels
1997 D90 SW

I Linex'd the interior of my station wagon about 2 years ago. I removed the seat boxes, unriveted them, and sprayed them outside and inside. I then put the whole thing back together with a bunch of caulk and beer. In those 2 years no chips or anything else. I also ripped the headliner, so I removed the fabric and had the fiber board sprayed. I then painted it with a vinyl bumper paint (light gray to match the sunvisors). I can attest to the fact that this stuff is tough as nails. I plan on spraying the rest of the interior (bed, footwells, custom console, heater, and A/C) - but I have to finish the wiring, custome console, and air conditioning ducts.

As far as sound deadening - I don't think it helped much (but then I put beefier tires on as well).
Old May 27th, 2004, 04:04 PM
rcmorgan540
Casey Morgan

I took it by my local Line X dealer. He said he would charge me $1000 to do everything. That includes taking all the seats and console out, and wrapping everything else. That is just for the floor. I can't decide if that is fair.
Old May 27th, 2004, 04:10 PM
m.michaels
Matthew Michaels
1997 D90 SW

The biggest cost to the job is the preparation - I removed all of the adhesive myself with Xylene. I then removed the console, transmission hump, and all of the foam they use in between the plates. If you bring them the pieces and do the prep yourself (sanding etc.) the end result is better IMHO. Check out Allan Dobbs site (in the BIOS) - he did the same thing with TOFF, did the prep himself.

The seat boxes, the rails by the door sills, the transmission hump, and floor panels were around $350 for me (Line X) but then I did all of the prep work and reassembly myself.
Old May 27th, 2004, 04:15 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

This would be better in the Tech section I would think.

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old May 27th, 2004, 10:52 PM
mattdh
Matt Hurst

i had the the under side of my d 90 bed sprayed with line-x last week(i have it off the frame)so i will be able to let you guys know how stronge that stuff is after its been on the road for a while.i am having the inside of the bed line-x color matched in about two weeks after the parts come back from the shop.
Old May 28th, 2004, 09:35 AM
mhansen
Mike Hansen
97 D-90 SW #2243

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.michaels
I plan on spraying the rest of the interior (bed, footwells, custom console, heater, and A/C) - but I have to finish the wiring, custome console, and air conditioning ducts.
Matt- I bought your old POS CD Changer last year when you were scrapping your console. Do you have any pictures of the console you built?
Old June 1st, 2004, 02:49 PM
m.michaels
Matthew Michaels
1997 D90 SW

Not yet - work has conspired against the project. It should be done by the end of the year - the main impetus being that since I also ripped out the A/C AND the heat index hear in Houston is 105 this week . . .

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat