LHD MudUK Tunnel Trays are ready! - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old August 12th, 2008, 02:52 PM
cabell
Cabell Crowther

So you've been prequalified as an EE photographer? Kudos!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 25th, 2008, 11:35 AM
Overlander
mark kellgren
in between D's in an 04 D2

Registry
Update. I have the new tray installed. Will post pics in next day or so. Initial impression...me likes!

Couple quick points on this from initial experience. First, I think off roading or on corrugated roads, it would likely bounce around a bunch. there is a little slack on it, and it is light. If you just had a 12 oz soda in it on that bumpy road, I think it would spill. Some velcro or some mounting tabs would resolve that (easy enough to fab). Second, if your parking brake is stretched enough that it would pull up to vertical, then it will hit the beverage holder end of it, and twist to the side, likely spilling a drink when you did it. I am overdue at adjusting my parking brake. If you do have it adjusted properly, you won't have this issue, as up to about 45 deg angle, the parking brake is clear of the tray.

It really is handy to have a place to through things, and regain some usefullness out of that originally unused real estate. And with the tuffy box, I have 4 beverage holders at my disposal! Think about that when you are sent out to bring back coffee on a Saturday morning!
Old August 31st, 2008, 04:03 PM
Gkase
George Kase
1983 110 200Tdi CSW LHD

I tried installing mine yesterday and wonder if I'm missing something...it sure seems wobbly to me...Mark, do you know if its supposed to be a press fit on the shifter base area somehow? Not sure I would really trust a drink sitting on it even on a city street let alone off road...but I'm probably not getting how it gets properly seated...
George
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 3rd, 2008, 12:18 PM
Overlander
mark kellgren

Registry
Sorry I missed this. It is supposed to be press fit using the shifter base, but mines also a little loose. I had the same concerns for off road, and when my unadjusted parking brake hits it. Other than that it seems fine. I'm going to figure some way of securing it. shouldn't be too hard.

BTW, my wife got in my 110 for the first time since I had it, for a 2 hour trip, and when she saw it she said "is that new? I like it!"
Old September 10th, 2008, 02:36 AM
D90Overkill
David Frank
1995 ST #2615

Registry
Tunel Tray Installed Pics?

I'd love to see any installed photos of the LHD tunnel tray and the minor fitment/security fix ideas. I'd love to get one if it really works well. Is EE the answer now? What will the total cost be? Thanks again. - Dave
Old September 10th, 2008, 10:13 AM
Overlander
mark kellgren

Registry
Here's mine taken from this morning. I'm working with MudUK right now to resolve the "slack" issue surrounding the gator. It is supposed to be a snug press fit around the gator that keeps it from moving at all. Apparently it fits fine around euro LHD Defenders they did the testing on, but the NAS gators seem to be a bit smaller. The slack is about the size of a ballpoint pen on both axis. MudUK is holding off on all NAS shipments until they can resolve the problem. I'm actually quite happy with the product, and the throw space in the gator well is a huge value add. MudUK are perfectionists though, so standby. You'll be the better for it.

Sorry about the lighting. I enhanced as much as possible, but it's overcast here today.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mud UK tunnel tray.JPG
Views:	174
Size:	160.9 KB
ID:	15194   Click image for larger version

Name:	MudUK slack small.JPG
Views:	120
Size:	194.7 KB
ID:	15195  

Old September 10th, 2008, 10:35 AM
Gkase
George Kase
1983 110 200Tdi CSW LHD

believe it or not, that is not my issue. I can't get the tray to seat all the way over the gator...the tray hole seems to small to fit all the way down. I just havent' had the time to inspect it closely and determine why...I suspect my gator may not be mounted correctly or something...
Old May 14th, 2010, 01:49 AM
rlynch356
Robert Lynch
1995 NAS

how did you install it with the Tuffy box - remove it and then reinstall after the tunnel tray?
asking b/c i have on now and was wondering about the install. test fit indicated that there was not enough room for both. which would be a bummer.

95' D90 - daily driver..
Old May 14th, 2010, 09:35 PM
Overlander
mark kellgren

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlynch356 View Post
how did you install it with the Tuffy box - remove it and then reinstall after the tunnel tray?
asking b/c i have on now and was wondering about the install. test fit indicated that there was not enough room for both. which would be a bummer.
My tuffy is actually installed an inch or two farther back than their directions state. I did it for other reasons, but the muduk tray fits perfectly. I'll try to get a pic posted.
Old May 14th, 2010, 10:47 PM
Cred
Clarence
1994 D90 #1057

Registry
Mine fits well too. No space issues with the Tuffy box.
Old May 20th, 2010, 07:02 PM
rlynch356
Robert Lynch
1995 NAS

humm i'll try to move the tuffy back in that case and see what happends - need and inch or so to make it fit.

i just recieved the version with the 3 outlets in it

edit -> looks like you tuffy cup holders overlap the console on top is that correct? or just the angle

95' D90 - daily driver..

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
lhd, mud