Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old November 15th, 2013, 10:15 PM
Whidbey
Chris
86' 110

Registry
landiman - in Devon uk

Has anybody used these guys for used parts? www.landiman.co.uk I haven't shipped large items from uk before so looking for some insight as well. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 15th, 2013, 10:21 PM
Jymmiejamz
Jimmy
1995 D90 SW #365

Registry
No experience with them, but it looks like someone in their garage parting out Land Rovers. I'd buy a roof from him if shipping wasn't such a killer.
Old November 16th, 2013, 12:24 AM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

A salvage or breakers yard. Equicar 4x4 is another one.

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 25th, 2013, 05:06 AM
Landiman
Chris
Defender 200tdi county

Landiman

Hi I have just noticed your post about my business Landiman based in the UK, I can appreciate that it is always a risk buying from overseas and so we would like to do all we can to help as we want to build up our US business as much as possible, I am not sure what it was your wanted to buy but I would be happy to ship this item on trust and once you have received the item and your happy with it THEN you pay for it via Paypal, all i will ask is that you pay promptly and you pay for any fee's due at US customs and that if the item is unwanted that you pay to return it to us in UK. Chris ( Director )
Old January 24th, 2014, 01:19 PM
Susanhawk
Susan Hawksmoor
Defender

Thumbs down In the public domain

This business was first off Mid Devon 4x4, then Westcountry 4x4, now Landiman.

A garage owner has denied stealing more than half a million pounds by making bogus Help for Heroes charity collections.

Christopher Copeland will face a trial before a jury at Exeter Crown Court after entering not guilty pleas to 14 counts of fraud and one of money laundering.

He is alleged to have concealed £512,397 proceeds of criminal conduct between September 2009 and September 2011.

The case concerns allegations that he organised street collections for Help for Heroes for two years and took the money for himself.

Copeland, 51, of Dulings Meadow, Copplestone, Devon, denied 14 counts of fraud, each relating to different periods between September 7, 2009 and July 8, 2011.

Each count alleges he “dishonestly obtained cash by falsely representing to the general public that he was collecting money on behalf of Help for Heroes”.

The amounts in the charges vary from £948, alleged to be collected over three days in July 2011 to £8,304 allegedly collected between January 1 and 9 in 2011.

The final charge alleges he concealed criminal property, knowing or believing it to be the proceeds of crime.

Judge Erik Salomonsen adjourned the case for a seven day trial scheduled to start on July 28 next year.

David Sapiecha, for the prosecution, agreed to supply further details of the case to the defence.

Ros Collins, for the defence, said the preparation of her case had been delayed because the police retained all Copeland’s computers, financial records and bank statements.

Read more: http://www.northdevonjournal.co.uk/B...#ixzz2rLCeehYA
Old January 24th, 2014, 01:56 PM
Z.G
Zack
300Tdi 95 D1

Registry
edit edit edit
Old September 5th, 2014, 03:31 AM
Landiman
Chris
Defender 200tdi county

Truth

www.copeland-helpforheroes.com
Old September 5th, 2014, 07:10 AM
broadstone
Chris
'84 CSW 90 '74 NADA III '97 CSW 110

Registry
Seems like the dots may connect. Are you this person Landiman? The gentleman in the photo sure made the headlines. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-shoppers.html

I do have a friend that works for "Help for Heroes" I will certainly discuss this with him.
Old September 5th, 2014, 07:28 AM
atlcruiser
david
many

Well....no real comment on on the allegations. I have a feeling there might be more than meets the eye here particularly when one looks at the first and only post of the one who shared this info....

I have purchased from Chris quite a few times with nothing but positive to say. My interactions have always been very easy and clean and I have no hesitation in recommending he and his company fully.

It is difficult to move larger items in the UK cheaply as an individual. We do so a bit easer due to scale and volume but it is still not cheap.

URBAN LAND CRUISERS LLC

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

+44 404 915 1281
Atlanta, GA USA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

URBAN LAND CRUISERS + ROVERS LTD
1st Floor, 2, Woodberry Grove
London
N12 0DR
UNITED KINGDOM
+44 020 8133 1557

Company Registration No. 09003009

Our new Vehicle Sales site:

Old September 5th, 2014, 08:02 AM
Landiman
Chris
Defender 200tdi county

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadstone View Post
Seems like the dots may connect. Are you this person Landiman? The gentleman in the photo sure made the headlines. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-shoppers.html

I do have a friend that works for "Help for Heroes" I will certainly discuss this with him.
Yes this is my thread, Chris Copeland

I can accept the blame for all this but I am no thief or conman, no one is interested as " He didn't do it " is not the headline people want to read, I accept that I got this wrong and I accept that a little over 10% of the money I raised got to Help for Heroes so I have to accept my punishment, what I find hard to accept is those around me who fleeced Help for Heroes for all they could get and then stood back and declared to the Police and the press how disgusted they were at my actions. So if 10 people read my statement and understand what really happened then it is 10 more than I have now and I will rest in my prison cell a little easier.
Old September 5th, 2014, 08:08 AM
Landiman
Chris
Defender 200tdi county

Yes this is my thread, Chris Copeland

I can accept the blame for all this but I am no thief or conman, no one is interested as " He didn't do it " is not the headline people want to read, I accept that I got this wrong and I accept that a little over 10% of the money I raised got to Help for Heroes so I have to accept my punishment, what I find hard to accept is those around me who fleeced Help for Heroes for all they could get and then stood back and declared to the Police and the press how disgusted they were at my actions. So if 10 people read my statement and understand what really happened then it is 10 more than I have now and I will rest in my prison cell a little easier.
Old September 5th, 2014, 08:11 AM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
plead guilty in 2011.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

Old September 5th, 2014, 08:23 AM
Jackie Treehorn
A
1985 (legitimately)

Registry
I didn't know that Wolfman Jack and Robert Deniro had a lovechild together?

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...d=0CI8BEPwdMAo
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	landiman.JPG
Views:	54
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	102195  
Old September 5th, 2014, 08:25 AM
Landiman
Chris
Defender 200tdi county

I have defended my innocence daily since my arrest in 2011 and changed my plea in July 2014 for no other reason than three years of abuse was enough for both me and my family, three years of death threats, three years of threats to kill my family, try waking up and finding a can of fuel and matches on your door step, it focuses your mind, try coming home from work almost daily to find your wife trying to hide she's been crying because some mindless idiot has had a go at her. the Police do nothing, how long would you do this before you decide enough is enough?
Old September 5th, 2014, 08:31 AM
Z.G
Zack
300Tdi 95 D1

Registry
I would love to wake up to a can of fuel every morning, 10mpg is killing me
Old September 5th, 2014, 08:36 AM
Jackie Treehorn
A
1985 (legitimately)

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiman View Post
I have defended my innocence daily since my arrest in 2011 and changed my plea in July 2014 for no other reason than three years of abuse was enough for both me and my family, three years of death threats, three years of threats to kill my family, try waking up and finding a can of fuel and matches on your door step, it focuses your mind, try coming home from work almost daily to find your wife trying to hide she's been crying because some mindless idiot has had a go at her. the Police do nothing, how long would you do this before you decide enough is enough?

Bummer man! regardless of what's going on with you (guilt or innocence) people should leave your family out of it.
I cant be bothered to read all the material associated with this case, but I would say....in hindsight.....handling monies associated with charitable donations (of that magnitude - we're not talking a $1 raffle here), your crazy to not have it organized with even a rudimentary board of directors, officers or whatever. THat's like volunteering as a scoutmaster with a troup of one. There's a reason why more than one person needs to be involved at all times.

------ Follow up post added September 5th, 2014 08:37 AM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z.G View Post
I would love to wake up to a can of fuel every morning, 10mpg is killing me
priceless!
.....especially in the UK
Old September 5th, 2014, 09:05 AM
Landiman
Chris
Defender 200tdi county

isn't hindsight a fantastic thing, ? I was bursting with energy to do something and made very poor decisions, no excuse i know, how many times a day do you think I kick myself ?? not enough.....
Old September 5th, 2014, 09:10 AM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

Judging by sentences handed down to the other numerous H4H fraudsters, you're probably looking at at least two years in Jail.

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.
Old September 5th, 2014, 09:36 AM
the rover shop
shayne young
89,93 & 95 camel trophy 110s 06 130

Way to go with the upbeat post there rocky...

------ Follow up post added September 5th, 2014 09:37 AM ------

Guess ya better order your parts pretty soon then...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat