Land Rover registred as Range Rover - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old April 8th, 2013, 09:05 PM
johan
johan
2009 Range Rover

Land Rover registred as Range Rover

I now have a couple of Land Rovers, all imported from Europe. Title and registration here in Michigan never gave me a problem. Up so far all are registred as Range Rovers though. Although the original Dutcht title gives clearly Land Rover, the computer system here only accepts Range Rover.

In it self I don't care so much. The last one I imported though, an originl 1988 110 stationwagon, I am planning to sell. I am wondering how this goes if I sell it to another state or if this can cause problems for the next owner.

Here in Michigan the Secratary of State wanted to charge me registration fee based on the only Range Rover the computer knows; the real Range Rover. This is about $ 200 a year, for my 1983 110 I only pay $ 65,=.
Advertisement

Old April 8th, 2013, 09:24 PM
leastonce
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team

Registry
So are you saying no land rovers are registered in Michigan ...
Cat Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Old April 8th, 2013, 09:48 PM
johan
johan
2009 Range Rover

No, my LR4 is registered as a Land Rover but all my old ones are called Range Rover. I have not find a way to change that (in Michigan anyway)
Advertisement

Old April 9th, 2013, 02:46 AM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

I think that is because they called it Range Rover of North America or something at the time and later switched to LRNA. All the documents etc. for my NAS110 say Range Rover if I recall correctly.

------ Follow up post added April 9th, 2013 01:49 AM ------

I think that is because they called it Range Rover of North America or something at the time and later switched to LRNA. All the documents etc. for my NAS110 say Range Rover if I recall correctly. At the time only Range Rovers were being imported. I don't think it was until '94 when the Discos and D90s began arriving that they changed their legal name in the US.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
range rover