Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old August 14th, 2014, 07:58 PM
Overlander
mark kellgren
in between D's in an 04 D2

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ren Ching View Post
Funny how you flop on your values when it comes to getting a real LR over here. The republicans will bitch about your suggested legislation since the EU emissions standards will be seen as hurtful to the already floundering US auto makers. The policies in place have nothing to do with the current administration other than the creation of incentives for companies to create clean energy solutions. The other EPA regs go back further than 08.

It's prejudicial to assume I support every republican position. I blame Clinton, Bush, Bush and Obama equally for failing to move forward a real energy policy for now and the future. I believe wholeheartedly that the US markets needs to compete globally, and protecting them prevents our industry from adapting through evolution. Our auto companies need to be faced with the competition from Europe to force them to adapt.

ISIL and al qaeda can go F*ck themselves...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 14th, 2014, 08:07 PM
Ren Ching
Skinny Pete
'84 90 "Yamelo"/'88 RRC "Chewbacca"

Registry
I seem to recall you taking some pretty jingoistic positions on the issue of undocumented workers in the US. Taking food off the tables of honest hard working American <ahem> union workers. So I just assumed you wouldn't support policies that were considered detrimental to that particular special interest group. Apologies if I was wrong. Just as long as you agree you are willing to steer US durable goods purchases to overseas manufacturers. I'm ok with it if you are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlander View Post
It's prejudicial to assume I support every republican position.

PS....

Beagles!
Old August 14th, 2014, 08:20 PM
Overlander
mark kellgren
in between D's in an 04 D2

Registry
Quote:
I seem to recall you taking some pretty jingoistic positions on the issue of undocumented workers in the US.
My position is absolute on our need and responsibility to control human and product flow across our borders. The immigration issue is two part. I stand with Republicans on the need to first secure the border. The second issue is to what to do with the ones that are here, which is an entirely different matter with both sides of it having strong arguments.

If I was president, my focus would be to put some meat behind the Monroe Doctrine we proclamed, and focus a majority of our foreign aid on Central and South America in education, manufacturing trade free zones and mutual security agreements. Then when the time was right, move all our offshore manufacturing from China to the Americas.

And get us the hell out of the F'd up middle east. The Brits F'd that place up with their post WW2 borders and it won't settle down until the West gets out of it from an energy dependency standpoint.

I can't believe you made me look up "jingoistic", you academic liberal!

Quote:
Just as long as you agree you are willing to steer US durable goods purchases to overseas manufacturers. I'm ok with it if you are.

I don't know what the hell you are talking about...

Quote:
PS....

Beagles!
Them's fighting words right there

ISIL and al qaeda can go F*ck themselves...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 15th, 2014, 03:37 AM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
Audi Q5 is in diesel now as well. Been tempted...
The Q5 is tits. I had a '12 2.0T Quattro. Wish they had the Tdi when were we buying. Would absolutely buy again. We always buy Audi, and we have been talked out of the Q7 by the dealerships. Too many issues with very little gained in interior space.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Semper Fi!
Old August 30th, 2014, 02:02 AM
Raz
Leif
1994 90 ST #1589

Registry
Just to update the thread; got the X5 35d and love it. Almost pulled the trigger on a ML350d but love the torque and tight feel of the X5. My wife still misses the V8 X5 but with cheaper fuel cost and only 0.2 seconds lost in 0-60 time I'm happy.
Old August 30th, 2014, 08:17 PM
angdefeo
Angelo DeFeo
none

I own a 335d and this car has been a great so far. Last week i took a 180 mile trip and it was mostly highway driving where i tried to keep above 80mph and at times cruising at 90mph. The onboard trip computer showed a 33pmg avg for the trip. I wish had more diesel options.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
diesel, land rover, mod