Land Rover Encino - LA Area - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old April 1st, 2013, 05:48 PM
SMac
Sam
NAS 97 D90 SW

Land Rover Encino - LA Area

Anyone deal with these guys? I just had a most unpleasant experience with them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 1st, 2013, 05:51 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

"Yez, how can I help you brrro?"

Robert Deniro
Old April 1st, 2013, 08:46 PM
SMac
Sam
NAS 97 D90 SW

I agreed to purchase a nationally advertised LR4 Lux Limited from LR Encino on Thursday, and offered to send an eCheck for the full amount or deposit sight unseen within minutes. I was told that was not necessary and they would prep the paperwork. After no contact Friday, Saturday, and Monday morning, I finally contacted them. (I set up transport at this time as well). I got an email back saying that the vehicle had sold while my sales guide was getting the paperwork together as they could not hold an advertised vehicle. And they offered to set me up with a different LR4. The GM called me tonight and said it was a California law or some bull crap.

I'm not losing sleep over this by any means but when is your word not your word? They could have relayed the no hold policy, if there was such a thing, to me before the sale or courtesy called when the vehicle sold. I know dealers don't always have the best reputations but Ive never had issues with the sales side of LR. This seems like a low rent move to me.

Not that this means a hill of beans to anyone, but I'm a huge fan of consumer driven reviews so I thought Id share.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 1st, 2013, 09:13 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

Think of it as, it was never meant to be, and that your LR4 LUX is waiting for you at some dealer lot.

Robert Deniro
Old April 1st, 2013, 09:21 PM
SMac
Sam
NAS 97 D90 SW

Thats what the wife said Neil. Not loosing sleep by any means.

Th only issue is that there is supposedly only 135 Lux Limited LR4s made worldwide, all in 2012. So no new ones left, and near impossible used.
And I dont like spending 10 hours of my day trying to line up shipping for a truck that I never took delivery of when time is so scarce these days for most of us.

Oh well, maybe the LWB will show up sooner rather than later. One can dream. .

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat