Lamenting the repair cycle (a bitch session) - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old February 8th, 2007, 04:57 PM
Paul / Boultbee
1994 D-90, Green #1576
Holly "Sure Glad Its Thursday"(SHIT for short). 19 replied on this.
First off - I know, I know this repair stuff I should be doing but Jan/Feb is a difficult time at work, I'm out every 3rd day travelling, bla bla bla.
Second - Finding an indie shop for the work - when I was in NJ, had a great guy in Bernardsville who was top notch. Here in T.O., found a Brit who works on Jag.s. Great mechanic but Landies out of his norm so any repair is a week enterprise. My challenge is 20-25 miles sounth are several Indie shops but I have to cross LA to get to them - 90 minute min each way + if I go rush hr starts at 6am.
Third and most important - look at all the input. what I love about the D-90 site is make a statment or ask a question or whine and you get great feedback. To the crew in MD looks like this fixed you up with a solid repair site.
Of course I could buy a 3rd car and use that when the truck goes down. Other than scheduled service, in the 5 years the truck has been mine, I have broken a shock, broken the hood release cable, lost a clip on the radiator top, and now this event (water pump/spedo cable). For a 13 yr old truck pretty damn good! Oh and rover people are down to earth. They rock!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat