Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old August 16th, 2008, 08:45 PM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
Just Defenders, nothing else.
D-90 Source Vendor

Kudos to Defender owners

In the last few days we have finally had a chance to clean up all the last odds and ends from the Warren shop. I'm headed up there to mow the grass all down this week to make sure everything is picked up. Over the last 12 years or so of being in Warren we have had a couple driving lights and a winch stolen and thats it.
However, in the last few months, since word hit the internet that we were moving, we have had numerous items stolen. That is a pretty bad ratio in my opinion, almost nothing in 12 years, then numerous items in just a couple months. Why kudos to the Defender crowd? Becuase none of the pieces taken were Defender. It was Series Rover and RR Classic stuff that got stolen. Someday I hope a story will come around back to me and I'll find out who the f*^kers are (the Rover world is small), but for now I would like to give an internet "thanks" to the Defender crowd for not being low down rotten theives.
The other funny thing... in basically 12 years of having nothing stolen, the winch and the lights we lost previously were lost on a Land Rover event weekend we used to host called the "Fiddleheads and 4x4s Rally"... coincidence... I think not. I've got pretty good intel that it was a white RR Classic from VT that did that job that weekend.
Anyway, just thought I'd share. Give your fellow Defender owners a thumbs up.

I do not check PMs. Call or email if you need something.

ECR is not a parts source. We are not in the mail order business.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 16th, 2008, 10:32 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
When was the last time you did a headcount on the 110's? I might have stiff-hitched ones of those out behind the 90 when I left...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old August 16th, 2008, 11:30 PM
KevinNY
Kevin Buckley
1973 coiler

Perhaps you should consider that there are innocent owners of white RRCs from VT that you are not so subtley pointing the finger of guilt at in your post?
Advertisement

Old August 17th, 2008, 01:09 AM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
D-90 Source Vendor

That goes without saying.
What, you think all the white RRCs from VT came to ECR at once to steal a winch?

There was however, only one white RRC from VT at the event, and that my neighbor saw leave the shop. No need to be subtle. I know who it was, I just can't prove it in court so I can't name the scum.

Old August 17th, 2008, 06:11 AM
junkyddog11
oil soaked filter
95 RRC 300tdi

The only thing I ever had stolen from the shop in 6yrs was a front bumper AND a winch off a Defender therefore Kudo's to all the Series, Range Rover, Disco, 101FC and Freeloader owners right?

new expansion complete. Not only are we the only Rover shop in Eliot Maine...now we're also the biggest.

"Dedicated to the resurrection of junk through engineering?"
Old August 17th, 2008, 06:20 PM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
You need some big mean dogs.
Old August 17th, 2008, 09:09 PM
dmarchand
David Marchand
'97 D90 SW Arles

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECR
The other funny thing... in basically 12 years of having nothing stolen, the winch and the lights we lost previously were lost on a Land Rover event weekend we used to host called the "Fiddleheads and 4x4s Rally"... coincidence... I think not. I've got pretty good intel that it was a white RR Classic from VT that did that job that weekend.
Care to substantiate?
Old August 18th, 2008, 07:41 AM
D90DRC
D Cantrell
1997 D90SW

Not worth my time to drive 2 hours north to steal yard junk. So what your trying to say is the Maine, NH, VT Defender owners are thieves?... Sounds like a local inside Job to me...
Old August 18th, 2008, 09:17 AM
Abrooks
Tony Brooks

Not to downplay the loss, but I just had several thousand dollars worth of 1940's bentley parts stolen out of my sideyard. While I doubt that there are many sticky-fingered antique bentley owners in my little chunk of suburbia, there are a lot of shIt-box metal thieves taking advantage of the steep salvage metal prices. Could it have been idle thievery?
Old August 18th, 2008, 11:47 AM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by D90DRC
Not worth my time to drive 2 hours north to steal yard junk. So what your trying to say is the Maine, NH, VT Defender owners are thieves?... Sounds like a local inside Job to me...

Actualy quite the opposite. If you actually read my post you'll see that I was thanking Defender owners as nothing Defender was taken.
Where the heck did you read into my post that Defender owners from New England are theives?

Also from your post, I would hope it would not be worth anyone's time to drive, no matter how many hours, in order to steal parts.
So you are saying if my shop was closer you'd be all in for some crimes??

As for scrap metal guys on the other post... not this time around.
The items taken were Series Rover and RRC specific as they walked right by heavy metal things that scrap guys would love (like Y pipes and alloys) and took Series Rover parts only, and nothing more.

Old August 18th, 2008, 12:43 PM
kiefffff
Keith Rider
1994 Portofino ST: #217

Registry
Always amazes me that people actually think to themselves, "hey, there is something that is not mine but i want it, let me just take it."
Old August 18th, 2008, 01:04 PM
WhiteD90
Johnathan Tisdale
93 110, 90 RockRR buggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiefffff
Always amazes me that people actually think to themselves, "hey, there is something that is not mine but i want it, let me just take it."
I could not agree more, especially after I just had my second trailer stolen. Almost as bad as my deadbeat tenants who don't pay rent for months and then trash the place when I have to pay more money to actually evict them. Sorry for the hijack, maybe this thread should be named "what is the world coming to?"
Old August 18th, 2008, 01:25 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Someone stole my one of a kind Defender 90 custom galvanized POE roof rack out of my back yard. Good thing I was not around or he would have confronted a large angry man with an evil black rifle.
Old August 18th, 2008, 02:24 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Someone looted our truck when we were moving one time. Talk about getting you when you are vulnerable.

Old August 18th, 2008, 02:42 PM
zimm
bart
anyone moves..... #238 sold

i just had a 4g worth of stuff stolen from a job site.

1) i reported it to the authorities, and project manager.
2) thats about it. biznezzz as usual from there.

why?

anything you cant prove in court, aint worth bringin up. ive been in court, it aint that tough. any one willing to point a finger, but is too chicken to do it under oath, got something to hide.

you got all sorts of customers, and its an individal that stole the stuff, not a truck. why lump a particular type of truck owner together with the individual. if yur not gettin what im sellin, substitute a particular race inplace of the type of truck, and maybe youll see why youre offending cusomers needlessly.
Old August 18th, 2008, 02:43 PM
GYM
Gary
97 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC
Someone looted our truck when we were moving one time. Talk about getting you when you are vulnerable.
Very similar situation; someone broke into our Public Storage unit while house was being painted. Not a good feeling.
Old August 18th, 2008, 05:20 PM
D90DRC
D Cantrell
1997 D90SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECR
Actualy quite the opposite. If you actually read my post you'll see that I was thanking Defender owners as nothing Defender was taken.
Where the heck did you read into my post that Defender owners from New England are theives?

Also from your post, I would hope it would not be worth anyone's time to drive, no matter how many hours, in order to steal parts.
So you are saying if my shop was closer you'd be all in for some crimes??

As for scrap metal guys on the other post... not this time around.
The items taken were Series Rover and RRC specific as they walked right by heavy metal things that scrap guys would love (like Y pipes and alloys) and took Series Rover parts only, and nothing more.
No offense meant it was a febel attempt at humor... The last group of people I would suspect as thief's is D90 owners... Now Discovery owners thats another question

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat