Kifaru Equipment - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old September 2nd, 2012, 12:19 PM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

Kifaru Equipment

A buddy of mine swears by some of this tactical equipment. I haven't tried them yet.

http://kifaru.net/index.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 2nd, 2012, 12:42 PM
ssbartley1
Steve Bartley
1997 SW #160

Registry
Its really well made....pricey...but quality stuff.
"Walk tall, kick ass, learn to speak Arabic, love music and never forget you come from a long line of truth seekers, lovers and warriors."
- Hunter S. Thompson
Old September 2nd, 2012, 12:45 PM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssbartley1 View Post
Its really well made....pricey...but quality stuff.
I like that Woobie Express. Agreed stuff costs more than REI but less than Orvis, lol!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 2nd, 2012, 01:12 PM
Ray_G
Ray Gerber
54 S1 86", 96 D1 (Coyote), 06 D3

Registry
I have one of their rucks (used it last trip to AF) several of their modular pockets that clip into MOLLE systems (used extensively throughout tpurs to both IZ & AF) and a boat ton of their interior organization bags... Quality is superb, as is durability.

Price isn't cheap, but if you are carrying your life on your back...

Great company, customer service, etc.

If you can't tell, I'm a fan.
R-
Ray
Old September 2nd, 2012, 02:10 PM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_G View Post
I have one of their rucks (used it last trip to AF) several of their modular pockets that clip into MOLLE systems (used extensively throughout tpurs to both IZ & AF) and a boat ton of their interior organization bags... Quality is superb, as is durability.

Price isn't cheap, but if you are carrying your life on your back...

Great company, customer service, etc.

If you can't tell, I'm a fan.
R-
Ray
good to know, I'm going to have to try them out soon.
Old September 2nd, 2012, 03:55 PM
Miller
Jon Miller
'85 ROW 110 SW

Registry
I've got the Express pack. When combined with the E&E back pouch, two long pouches, another pouch on top of the lid, and assorted internal pouches, it offers a ton of modular organization and will comfortably carry a lot more than you'd think. I've tossed 85-90 lbs of water and free weights in mine for ruckmarch training, and it rides so comfortably you have a hard time believing there is actually that much weight on your back. Thats the trick, though. The pack harness and Omni waist belt distribute the load out over your shoulders and hips and offer a lot of adjustment to shift the load as needed.

They are expensive, but you definitely get what you pay for. The construction is practically bombproof quality. I was lucky enough to be given the express by a certain unit that was T&Eing a lot of Kifaru gear back in '07 in the 'Ghan. I'd rather have a Marauder with the clamshell lid lined with PALS webbing for even more modular organization (my OCD coming out), but the Express is still a great patrol pack that can seriously increase capacity by adding pouches.

- Jon
Old September 2nd, 2012, 06:10 PM
aaronlam
aaron lam
1997 Alpine White D90 SW #2212

Registry
A lot of stuff on their site says it takes weeks to fulfill. But if you call them, sometimes it's a lot faster. Couple holidays ago, I got the office the Kifaru Organizer... site said it would take 2-4 weeks but they had enough in stock and I got them in a couple days. Great service. Don't let those wait times discourage you.

I am more partial to Tad Gear though... equally as expensive. Nothing ever in stock.
Old September 2nd, 2012, 09:49 PM
Ray_G
Ray Gerber
54 S1 86", 96 D1 (Coyote), 06 D3

Registry
Follow up from my earlier posts now that I'm not on my phone. These: http://www.kifaru.net/pullouts.html
are excellent for deployment/travel/camping and in vehicle organization. Also an easy way to to get into the Kifaru pool so to speak since some of their stuff does cost $$$.

The pack I have is the pointman, which with the long pockets, a claymore pouch, and an organizer is as much as I need for pretty much whatever. The beauty of it all-as referenced by Jon is that you can spread the weight well and maintain modularity. While deployed I'd use the long pockets for things I'd need to change more frequently (socks, shirts, skivvies) and keep the main compartment of the pack for sleeping bag, layers, etc. If I had to bounce to a different location for a few days and wanted to go with a day pack the pockets would clip onto a patrol pack (anybody's, so long as it has molle webbing in the right spots) and you're set.

The pack itself went all over strapped to the outside of an LAV, MATV, thrown out of helos, MTVRs, etc. Zero breakage/issues.

Sorry for the novel, this gets me going as much as the gun pics thread.
r-
Ray
Old September 2nd, 2012, 10:22 PM
Miller
Jon Miller
'85 ROW 110 SW

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_G View Post
Sorry for the novel, this gets me going as much as the gun pics thread.
r-
Ray
LOL, same here. I'm a total geardo.

- Jon

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat