Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Keith Moon lives!

According to Brian Williams.

This just in: Moon died 35 years ago.

Hilarious asides from Wiki:
Once, while riding in a limo on the way to an airport, Moon insisted they return to their hotel, saying, "I forgot something. We've got to go back!". When the limo reached the hotel, Moon ran back to his room, grabbed the television, and threw it out the window into the swimming pool below. Moon then left the hotel and jumped back into the limo, sighing "I nearly forgot".
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On one occasion, a hotel manager called Moon in his room and asked him to lower the volume on his cassette music player; the manager said The Who were making "too much noise." In response, Moon asked the manager up to his room. When the manager arrived, Moon excused himself to the bathroom, lit a stick of dynamite in the toilet, and shut the bathroom door. Upon returning to the room, he asked the manager to stay for just a moment longer, as he wanted to explain something. Following the explosion, Moon informed the startled manager, "That, dear boy, was noise." Moon then turned the cassette player back on and proclaimed, "This is The Who."
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 13th, 2012, 08:03 AM
smob
Steve
'97 Arles Blue SW #2131

Registry
Have you read his biography? The amount of drugs he consumed was staggering. Especially cocaine. Or sherbet masquerading as cocaine.
Old December 13th, 2012, 08:45 AM
Sandt
Sandt Michener
1984 Ninety

Registry
Dead? But wasn't he invited to play at the 2012 Olympics?

From the Guardian:
The London 2012 opening ceremony is going to be called Isles of Wonder, but there can be no wonderment more wonderful than the fact that Olympics organizers wanted Keith Moon to perform.
Moon has been dead for 34 years.
The drummer for the Who died in 1978 after ingesting 32 tablets of clomethiazole, a sedative he had taken for alcohol withdrawal symptoms.
The band's manager, Bill Curbishley, told the Sunday Times he had been approached to see if Moon "would be available" to play with the surviving members this summer.
"I emailed back saying Keith now resides in Golders Green crematorium, having lived up to the Who's anthemic line 'I hope I die before I get old'," came the excellent reply.
"If they have a round table, some glasses and candles, we might contact him."
For its part, the staff of the Guardian is just really looking forward to seeing Jesse Owens compete.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 13th, 2012, 09:20 AM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanwind View Post
According to Brian Williams.

This just in: Moon died 35 years ago.

Hilarious asides from Wiki:
Once, while riding in a limo on the way to an airport, Moon insisted they return to their hotel, saying, "I forgot something. We've got to go back!". When the limo reached the hotel, Moon ran back to his room, grabbed the television, and threw it out the window into the swimming pool below. Moon then left the hotel and jumped back into the limo, sighing "I nearly forgot".
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On one occasion, a hotel manager called Moon in his room and asked him to lower the volume on his cassette music player; the manager said The Who were making "too much noise." In response, Moon asked the manager up to his room. When the manager arrived, Moon excused himself to the bathroom, lit a stick of dynamite in the toilet, and shut the bathroom door. Upon returning to the room, he asked the manager to stay for just a moment longer, as he wanted to explain something. Following the explosion, Moon informed the startled manager, "That, dear boy, was noise." Moon then turned the cassette player back on and proclaimed, "This is The Who."
Never like the who...

Anywhoo...That guy looked to be a giant douche bag.

Old December 13th, 2012, 09:22 AM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrc.swb View Post
Never like the who...

Anywhoo...That guy looked to be a giant douche bag.
If by "douche bag" you mean "awesome" and "my hero", then yes.

Just be glad you didn't know me in my 20s!
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

Old December 13th, 2012, 09:25 AM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
Quote:
If by "douche bag" you mean "awesome" and "my hero", then yes.

Just be glad you didn't know me in my 20s!
We all did fun... some crazy thing... by today's standards, when we where young. But this douche bag was a hooligan.

Old December 13th, 2012, 09:28 AM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
We all did fun... some crazy thing... by today's standards, when we where young. But this douche bag was a hooligan.
Like I said, be glad you didn't know me. Favorite prank was called the "Tidal Wave". Consisted of propping a 50 gallon garbage can 1/2-2/3 full of water at an angle against your bedroom/front door. When said door was "opened", in came the tidal wave as the garbage can fell inward. Which, in many cases, not only affected the target in question but frequently rained from the light fixtures of the poor sap living below if said target was in a multi-level dwelling.

Other was the Teen Wolf, though that was fairly harmless to those surrounding you.
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

Old December 13th, 2012, 09:30 AM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
Quote:
Like I said, be glad you didn't know me. Favorite prank was called the "Tidal Wave". Consisted of propping a 50 gallon garbage can 1/2-2/3 full of water at an angle against your bedroom/front door. When said door was "opened", in came the tidal wave as the garbage can fell inward. Which, in many cases, not only affected the target in question but frequently rained from the light fixtures of the poor sap living below if said target was in a multi-level dwelling.
hehe that's funny right there...
Quote:
Other was the Teen Wolf, though that was fairly harmless to those surrounding you.
Don't even want to know...LMAO

BTW answer your fricking phone.

Old December 13th, 2012, 09:54 AM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

Jason- just remember all of that as your kids come of age and plan for a Bail Fund along with the College Fund! lol...
Old December 13th, 2012, 09:56 AM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Larson View Post
Jason- just remember all of that as your kids come of age and plan for a Bail Fund along with the College Fund! lol...
My understanding...it skips a generation? So their kids will be the ones that are the hassle!
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

Old December 13th, 2012, 10:03 AM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Larson View Post
We'll remind him. LOL
Quote:
My understanding...it skips a generation? So their kids will be the ones that are the hassle!
Yeah right!

Remember... The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Old December 13th, 2012, 10:13 AM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

Quote:
We'll remind him. LOL
Yeah right!

Remember... The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
As I'm reminded when I complain to my wife how stubborn my kids are!
Old December 13th, 2012, 11:26 AM
JohnsD90
John
74 SIII 88", 88 110, 91 110

Registry
Quote:
Doesn't skip a generation haha
Old December 13th, 2012, 11:42 AM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
I saw The Who at the PNC Bank Arts Center (or whatever it was called back then) when I was in 8th grade - Keith Moon had only been dead for like 19 years at that point. I've never seen so many people my parents' age smoking pot in all my life.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat