Kansas bowhunting - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old July 24th, 2006, 11:16 PM
WestTexasDefender
Sam Allen
'97 LE #234

Kansas bowhunting

Just thought I would check on here to see if anybody knows someone that's got some land out in kansas. I drew unit A6 for archery and might have some land to hunt in Chatauqua county but wanted to see if anybody knows of anything out there. I'm looking for about 1000 acres or more depends on where and what the land is like.

Sam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 25th, 2006, 08:29 AM
Rod Hayward
Rod Hayward
95 D90 Green #2288

Darn... I know a couple good spots next door in A-5 in Comanche county. Funny thing though, when you're out there quail hunting they say "shoot a couple deer while you're at it" because they're such a pest. But when you want to shoot a big buck they want to see some serious folding money.

I've seen some big deer on some of the walk-in areas out there too, have you checked that out?
Old July 25th, 2006, 11:42 AM
WestTexasDefender
Sam Allen
'97 LE #234

Yea I know we hunted a place in Yates Center a few years ago and the landowner was bragging on how they shot all these old grey does and then they figured out they were old grey bucks that had dropped their horns(we didn't see anything that year).

We've thought about the walk-in places but there's gonna be three of us and we kinda want a lease so the landowner could maybe put some food plots and feeders out for a little extra. It's a about an 8 hour drive and that would really not be worth a trip for just setting feeders and foodplots.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 25th, 2006, 10:25 PM
WestTexasDefender
Sam Allen
'97 LE #234

Just got my permit in the mail and I actually drew units A6, 19, and A8 so maybe someone might know of something in those also.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat