Job hunting... - Page 3 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

View Poll Results: Will this post get me a good job?
Yep 1 3.45%
Nope 10 34.48%
probably at least some good contacts 18 62.07%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 22nd, 2013, 07:38 PM
Campbell
Rich Campbell
06 LR3 01DII D90s sold

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shep29 View Post
My company, SiriusXM Radio, has an IT/Engineering/Product Management office in Lawrenceville, NJ (Princeton) and I know a few Philly/PA guys who do the commute. It's about 40 miles north on 95 from downtown Philly. Check out the career section of our website and filter for Lawrenceville, NJ jobs. If you see one you like, shoot me a PM.
Can you tell some of your DJ's to STFU and just play music!! They all seem to be talking more these days and telling stupid stories.

Anyway love the Sirius though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 24th, 2013, 09:26 AM
Shep29
KS
'95 RRC LWB

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell View Post

Can you tell some of your DJ's to STFU and just play music!! They all seem to be talking more these days and telling stupid stories.

Anyway love the Sirius though.
Funny you say that, last year I proposed a new feature called "DJ On/Off" but got shot down. Sorry. I'm still trying... With our new 2.0 features however, each channel will have a 5 hour buffer. So at least you can skip through some of these if you play content from the buffer. 2.0 also has a bunch of new DVR-like features coming out. It's available now on our internet radio service but roll out on the satellite radio side will take longer because all the chipsets in the radios need to be updated.
'96 D1 SE7 Willow Green - SOLD
Old March 24th, 2013, 10:40 AM
Korongo
Cameron Bell
1984 Defender 90, 1988 Defender 110

Registry
Job Hunting...

Hey Guys, I'm out job hunting as well. I currently rotate between H&R Block during tax season, and guiding hunting trips in South Africa during our summer months. I have a great deal of expereience working abroad, and know taxes inside and out. I also work in video production. I know this is a strange mix but, after getting married this last October I've been looking to make a move to something a little more traditional. I live just north of Dallas, and would like to head towards Austin... Thanks!
-Cameron
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 24th, 2013, 01:11 PM
leastonce
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korongo View Post
Hey Guys, I'm out job hunting as well. I currently rotate between H&R Block during tax season, and guiding hunting trips in South Africa during our summer months. I have a great deal of expereience working abroad, and know taxes inside and out. I also work in video production. I know this is a strange mix but, after getting married this last October I've been looking to make a move to something a little more traditional. I live just north of Dallas, and would like to head towards Austin... Thanks!
-Cameron
Death and taxes. You have life's certainties wrapped up.
Cat Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Old March 25th, 2013, 03:06 AM
CDeWan
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie

options

Not sure what would fit but you do have "go pro" camera in SD. You may want to try some of the TV station affiliates or see if there is any spots with the Padres or Charges for marketing. I think that industry is a little tough in SD right now. Carslbad has all of the golf companies so they have some internal production going on.
Just thoughts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surf90 View Post
Good tip! I will look into that. Thanks!

------ Follow up post added March 21st, 2013 10:32 PM ------

Depends on the size of the company. Last office job I had was at Warren Miller Ent. helping make ski movies happen. I worked in the marketing dept then on location as a PA with a cinematographer.

The farthest north I would probably want to go is San Clemente.

Thanks!
------ Follow up post added March 25th, 2013 03:13 AM ------

you may want to check around with the smaller tax firms with your experience. If you have any Biz dev. experiece that would help to bring in new clients and justify your salary. Also, not sure it Intuit hires tax beta testors remotely but you can check. Also, I think HR block also has its own proprietary tax prep software so possibly you could work remotely with the group that is doing next product development.

On the flip side you could also look at being a team member any South African Trade business. You may want to contact their embassy for leads on South African companies operating in the U.S.

Quote:
-Cameron
------ Follow up post added March 25th, 2013 03:13 AM ------

you may want to check around with the smaller tax firms with your experience. If you have any Biz dev. experiece that would help to bring in new clients and justify your salary. Also, not sure it Intuit hires tax beta testors remotely but you can check. Also, I think HR block also has its own proprietary tax prep software so possibly you could work remotely with the group that is doing next product development.

On the flip side you could also look at being a team member any South African Trade business. You may want to contact their embassy for leads on South African companies operating in the U.S.

Quote:
-Cameron
Old March 25th, 2013, 03:27 AM
CDeWan
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie

Wife and I are going to relocate to Raleigh in Q4 this year. YEA so I can see a bunch of you fools now instead of wondering if I am the only 90 in San Diego. I should have my NC CPA license by then as I currently have an active FL and CA one. I will be looking into private industry and have worked big 4 and also 5 years at McGladrey before being laid off in 1/09. The only industries I don't have extensive experience in is Healthcare or Financial Institutions. I consulting since being let go and am currently at a medical device manufacturer and digital imaging mobile provider (Digirad Imaging Solutions for you east coasters) doing SEC, SALT, and month end close. If anyone can throw me a lead that would be great - o for what it's worth have a MAac in Accounting.

Wife has PhD. in industrial and organization psychology and has a stacked resume including being published and her work centeres around Human Computer Interface design and User Experience.
Old July 10th, 2013, 08:38 PM
hillstrubl
Danny
2005 Disco 3

Well, update to the thread.
I got a job, through Jonesy, start on Monday. I'm very excited about this, its a good company and seems like its not only a good transition based on my career thus far but has growth opportunity as well.

Thank you all for your help (especially Craig!), this is a great community and threads/outcomes like this are just proof of that.
Old July 10th, 2013, 08:47 PM
Abrooks
Tony Brooks

Danny, that's fantastic news, massive congratulations!! Craig, next time I see you the first beer's on me. Good man.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old July 10th, 2013, 09:26 PM
1of40
1of40
NAS 97SW & 83 One Ten Tdi

Registry
I second that! Good man Craig.

Old July 10th, 2013, 09:37 PM
josh-man
joshua
82 Land Rover 110 Ex MOD

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darby View Post
Any of you guys work in Nuclear?
Yes...
Old July 13th, 2013, 08:24 AM
Jonesy
Craig
87 D110 (Ruby)

Registry
Thanks fellas....Danny was a good fit for us! Plus I get to keep him busy in Philadelphia so he gets a consulting job without travel. These are few and far between!
Old July 13th, 2013, 11:51 AM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Good luck Danny!
Old August 1st, 2013, 11:42 AM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

Odessa Texas

So for anyone looking to relocate or knows of someone in the area...

My company will have two openings in September. Its an outdoor job, full-time in the Utility Service industry. If you have a serious inquiry PM me and I'll send you a job description. Starts at $16.00 per hour, DOE...blue collar. As the title implies...it's in Odessa, Texas.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat