Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old December 28th, 2007, 04:01 PM
WhiteD90
Johnathan Tisdale
93 110, 90 RockRR buggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willh
Wouldn't apply in Dale's case, as his entire tub has been plated with steel armor. I agree it is most certainly heavier than it was stock.

Will H.
You mean armor sort of like a Rhino has?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 28th, 2007, 09:59 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Wouldn't apply in Dale's case, as his entire tub has been plated with steel armor. I agree it is most certainly heavier than it was stock.

Will H.
That, and he hasn't cut anything away.

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Old March 22nd, 2008, 11:32 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Okay,

Bringing back an old thread. Surely thee has been enough time to weight this beast. SOOOO,
how much does it weight? My guess, 5,000 lb with a half tank of gas.

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 23rd, 2008, 05:13 PM
redhummer96
Taylor
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckon37s
The spline count in a Dana 30? Who cares, they are made out of whiddled wood. They are even weaker than stock D-90 stuff.

And I removed the windshield only for that reason.
Just as an FYI, the Rubicon has Dana 44 axles .
Old March 23rd, 2008, 05:51 PM
Willh
Will Hedrick
Use to own NAS #96, #1778, & #1008

Registry
Quote:
Okay,

Bringing back an old thread. Surely thee has been enough time to weight this beast. SOOOO,
how much does it weight? My guess, 5,000 lb with a half tank of gas.

Buck,

Dale sold the TJ back a couple of months ago. It now resides with it's new owner in Colorado. He does have a new Jeep though....

Will H.
Old March 23rd, 2008, 06:14 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhummer96
Just as an FYI, the Rubicon has Dana 44 axles .
We weren't talking about the Rubicon there.

Follow-up Post:

Quote:
Buck,

Dale sold the TJ back a couple of months ago. It now resides with it's new owner in Colorado. He does have a new Jeep though....

Will H.
Crap! This was a well set up SMACK!

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old March 23rd, 2008, 08:26 PM
WhiteD90
Johnathan Tisdale
93 110, 90 RockRR buggy

Quote:
We weren't talking about the Rubicon there.

Follow-up Post:

Crap! This was a well set up SMACK!

Dave, this vehicle mysteriously disappeared and did not make Las Cruces or the "weigh in" shortly after the mighty proclomations over a defender...interesting I think.
Old March 23rd, 2008, 09:00 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteD90
Dave, this vehicle mysteriously disappeared and did not make Las Cruces or the "weigh in" shortly after the mighty proclomations over a defender...interesting I think.

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Old March 24th, 2008, 09:50 AM
rovertrader
Dale
Tithonus 110, D-90, 109 S/T 5-door

No mystery really, just sold it to a new owner a couple months ago in Co. who was looking for something extreme and reliable to use a couple times a month in Moab, and is very, very well pleased. Rag on....... In all honesty, it was less "Jeep" than Tis' D-90 is Defender, so the whole discussion/debate is for naught.
The only honest comparison is the one Will started the thread with- stock vs. stock. I just wanted to invoke some harmless 'poking', but as is usually the case, it gets a little outta hand.
There is no "one best" as we all know- whether driver or machine is concerned.
Old March 25th, 2008, 10:37 AM
WhiteD90
Johnathan Tisdale
93 110, 90 RockRR buggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovertrader
No mystery really, just sold it to a new owner a couple months ago in Co. who was looking for something extreme and reliable to use a couple times a month in Moab, and is very, very well pleased. Rag on....... In all honesty, it was less "Jeep" than Tis' D-90 is Defender, so the whole discussion/debate is for naught.
The only honest comparison is the one Will started the thread with- stock vs. stock. I just wanted to invoke some harmless 'poking', but as is usually the case, it gets a little outta hand.
Glad it is getting used now.

Nothing out of hand and not ragging, just a few people "poking" holes in a fairly unsubstantiated statement since no quantifiable numbers were provided as support and no "extreme" trail time was accumulated since this vehicle's inception.

FWIW- I did recently ride in a new 4dr that was running 37s with minimal mods to get it there. It was actually pretty sweet from several perspectives.
Old March 25th, 2008, 09:13 PM
Cirbo
Jim C.
None

Yeah, that NAV system was the shnitz! LOL
Old March 25th, 2008, 09:37 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

I like the four banger 1997 TJ I have.

2k sure beats 20k I would have paid for a 1997 D90. 20mpg. 27in tires (205 75 R16)
Old March 25th, 2008, 10:44 PM
Davis
Chris Davis
94 NAS D90 6.2LS

I have seen some mighty well made up jeeps. I think some are a work of engineering art--but NOT a thing of beauty. Put the same suspension under a 90 or 110 and I would think it is truly art. Same said for an FJ40 or FJ42. And it has everything to do with numbers and class--I like the exotic which means not commonplace. Some jeeps I have seen in England are met with similar response as 90's get here...except they are a LOT cheaper to import! ;-)

Stock versus Stock, I think Toyota has it over Land Rover. Oooops, out of the bag. But, and I think most of you will agree, NOTHING BEATS A LR!
Old March 25th, 2008, 10:49 PM
Cirbo
Jim C.
None

It all boils down to resale. What have you got invested? What can you sell it for?

FJ's and Defenders will win that one.
Old March 25th, 2008, 10:52 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovertrader
It was your comment about weight that was so far off you had to be called on it. The right play would have been to weight it before you sold it.

BUCK Wild Racing
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat