Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old October 14th, 2004, 11:37 PM
waveridin1959
Brian Jones
1995 D-90 ST #2892

Registry
jeep owners and their jokes

There is a guy riding around my town in a J**p Grand Cherokee with a basic lift on it with a sticker on the back of the Land Rover oval and "Recovery Team" under it. Didn't know if anyone else has seen any stickers like that. We need something like the Tire Cover on some guys LR of Calvin peeing on Jeep in the Sept. LRW pg 12.

“Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together… mass hysteria!”
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 15th, 2004, 12:07 AM
fpkelly
Forrest Kelly
Roverless

Jeep Recovery Sticker
Old October 15th, 2004, 04:05 AM
Cube II
Michele
1997 D90

Registry
I think they're quite common in UK,both "LR:Official Hummer Recovery Vehicle" or "J**P Recovery Vehicle",
or whatever you want.

I'd like to design one (it's a matter of 5 mins and if you have a printer next door you can choose size/material)but I'd have to keep up to the job to justify it!

Cheers
+109" IIA ex-military

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sketches and doodles:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[O]===[O]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 15th, 2004, 09:09 AM
TwisteD90
Yousef Hamzeh
06 RR SC, 06 LR3, 94 D90

Quote:
Originally Posted by waveridin1959
There is a guy riding around my town in a J**p Grand Cherokee with a basic lift on it with a sticker on the back of the Land Rover oval and "Recovery Team" under it. Didn't know if anyone else has seen any stickers like that. We need something like the Tire Cover on some guys LR of Calvin peeing on Jeep in the Sept. LRW pg 12.
If I was driving my D90 and saw some guy with sticker like that I'd look at him in the face, point at him and LMAO. Hell, Modified Jeep owners won't even look at me when I pass by
Old October 15th, 2004, 09:29 AM
Cube II
Michele
1997 D90

Registry
Yousef,
if I had a 90 like yours I'd laugh at J**Ps every time!

Having a stock 90 I can only laugh 90% of the time...
+109" IIA ex-military

Sketches and doodles:

[O]===[O]
Old October 15th, 2004, 11:56 AM
PT94D90
Phil
Currently Defenderless

Yousef - My truck is only very slightly modified but I get the exact same thing around here. The j**pers won't even look at me. The only guy that will is a cop in town with a Rubicon who stares and gets all excited every time he sees me.
Old October 15th, 2004, 12:37 PM
KeithD
Keith Duckett
90 V8 Import

Registry
There's a friendly comaraderie between the off roading Jeep fraternity and the Rover owners here - I have never encountered any mean snobbery. Most accept that out of the box Land Rovers are superior off road. Rubicon possibly excepted (it is still too low).
Old October 15th, 2004, 12:48 PM
TwisteD90
Yousef Hamzeh
06 RR SC, 06 LR3, 94 D90

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT94D90
Yousef - My truck is only very slightly modified but I get the exact same thing around here. The j**pers won't even look at me. The only guy that will is a cop in town with a Rubicon who stares and gets all excited every time he sees me.
The Cop with the Rubi better be nice to you, other wise their new K9 will mysteriously attack him
Old October 15th, 2004, 01:19 PM
PT94D90
Phil
Currently Defenderless

Got that right.
Old October 15th, 2004, 02:08 PM
Hans
Hans Haase
The D-90.com Lab Rat

Really? Around me, I have all the Jeep guys coming up to me at the gas pump and stores saying stuff like "Wow, where did you find one of these?" and "now I know who to call when I get stuck again". Even had almost the entire staff at the local off-road shop oogling over it last week. Only my '67 bronco got more drooling stares than this thing.

-Hans

My 100k stopped odometer fix

Brace for impact, I'm in a "modifying mood". Massive thread count inbound.
Old October 15th, 2004, 02:17 PM
Dfndr90
Matt Wunderle
1995 Defender 90

Phil,

Where are you located in ohio?

Matt...
Old October 15th, 2004, 02:43 PM
PT94D90
Phil
Currently Defenderless

Matt - I'm in Bath, northwest of Akron. Hometown of Jeffrey Dahmer.

Hans - It's strange, I don't understand it, but I've never gotten much attention in general. I can only think of 3 or 4 times in 14 months that I've had someone at the pumps or anywhere come up and ask questions or oogle. Hell, there was a kid with a 95 D90 ST, red like mine, in town (Colorado plates) who never even acknowledged me. I even stopped by his house one day when I saw the truck in his driveway and left my business card with his Dad. Never called, nuthin'. He drove right by me one day going the other direction, never even looked. Whaddya gonna do?
Old October 15th, 2004, 05:22 PM
PeterMan
Peter Ingebrigtsen

I don't have a 90 just the disco, I'm like the fat kid standing on the outside of a candy store window (pathetic).

My brother in law is a huge j**p guy, he loves the things. But even he goes wheeling with a 90 from time to time and thinks its outstanding. The 90 he has belongs to Russ in SLC, he has 35"s with beadlocks a drop-kit and I think a 3"OME lift (not certain on the lift though) and I think a detroit in the rear. There is almost no place he can't go, he rolls over obsticles that my bro-in-law has a hard time with a 7" lift and 37" tires. I went on a trip with 6 J**ps and 3 rovers, there was a higher expectation for the land rovers than there was the jeeps even though none of the rovers were as modified as the j**ps except for maybe Russ' 90.

If I were to get a 90 here in Eugene I would probably get some hippies kid trying to let the air out of my tires. It actually happended to a co-worker. His wife parked at one of the High Schools and when she came out some kid was letting the air out of her 4 runner. He said he was doing because her car was "destroying" the enviornment. When his mother got there she was proud of her son for what he had done. Nice (sarcasm)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat