Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old March 30th, 2012, 12:31 PM
1of40
1of40
NAS 97SW & 83 One Ten Tdi

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by discotdi View Post
Scott, I know the people on the board are passionate about the Defender but lets face we are not the "LR base' as you put it, we are the fringe. Just like Wrangler owners that actually use their Jeeps off road are the fringe, not the core base that Jeep sells to. I would argue that the majority of the JK's you see with lifts etc are mall crawlers as much as the RR Sport is a mall crawler. Those peeps are the ultimate poseurs.
Land Rover has not lost the Heritage. It is still there and very much part of the brand image. Every LR made for NA is as capable off road as it needs to be. The LR4 is much better than the Evoque, why because the Evoque buyer is much less likely to use the vehicle off road, but it still has capability. Land Rover has not sold out and started making cars that can't go off road or are two wheel drive only. At least not here in the States. It's 2012 not 1997 the pressures on new car manufacturers are so varied it's crazy. fuel economy, light weight, sustainable, safety, lower co2, the list is endless.
I love the Defender, series trucks, and Discos but I am glad LR is still in business and making new modern Land Rovers which are also very comfortable, safe, family friendly, and capable off road. time marches on, don't get left behind.
Well put. I'm sure there'll be plenty of Defender products to keep our hearts content for all long as we're allowed to drive. Besides, for the next 25+ years you can continue to bringing in yet another covetted layer of Defender history to the states.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat