Janey Doors Seeking Retirement Community Setting - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old September 12th, 2015, 08:44 AM
ranewman
Rick Newman
85 Defender 110

I am sure if they "show up" in NOVA some third Thursday.....they could get mounted at Kilroys......stranger things have happened.......
97 Disco SD "Emma" (250k and going strong)
95 P38 "Gus" RIP
99 P38 Callaway Edition #106 RIP
85 Defender 110 2.5NA "Margret"
01 D2 SE7 "Cuzn It" (blown up POS)
03 D2 SE "Fred"
Hoarder of 2.5 NAD parts
"In God we trust. Everyone else keep their fucking hands where they can be seen."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 12th, 2015, 09:16 AM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserName View Post
Just updated my profile details to list Janey as Vehicle #1, the Tardis is out (my son is going to be upset with the reduction of Dr Who references).
These comments and the history are great. I hope I can refer back to this thread in the future with the search tool.

The bar is pretty low for a home for these doors: maybe just on a wall in a shed where 2 members get together once in awhile for a beer. Wait ... I take that back, I don't want to hear from the 2 guys getting together in the backyard shed. Not that I have a problem with that, I just don't want to feel obliged to visit.

Alternatively, I would trade these for a 93' 110 NAS in good running condition.
You DEFINITELY need to do a Registry entry as well. Come to think of it, folks should post up here any pics they have of Janey from back in the day.
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Old September 12th, 2015, 09:48 AM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Someone should call that bar down in Alabama named Carrigan's with the 109 as the beer tap holder, although none of us ever go there.

2430 Morris Ave, Birmingham, AL

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restauran...m_Alabama.html
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2739039813.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	125.6 KB
ID:	129585  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 12th, 2015, 09:58 AM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
Someone should call that bar down in Alabama named Carrigan's with the 109 as the beer tap holder, although none of us ever go there.

2430 Morris Ave, Birmingham, AL

Carrigan's Public House, Birmingham - Restaurant Reviews, Phone Number & Photos - TripAdvisor
Why Jonesy & I haven't opened up a similar bar setup in NoVa is beyond my comprehension.
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

Old September 12th, 2015, 10:10 AM
down_shift
Russell
94' D90 ST & 06' LR3

Registry
Perhaps we should raid Skinny P's pad to reunite Janey with her original doors (or skins).
Old September 12th, 2015, 10:12 AM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBriggs View Post
I'd love to have them for my shop, but I'm antisocial and no one comes over.

-Jeff
Don't you have an RRC hood for a chalkboard hanging in the shop? They would be a good addition!
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

Old September 12th, 2015, 11:01 AM
Jonesy
Craig
87 D110 (Ruby)

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by down_shift View Post
Perhaps we should raid Skinny P's pad to reunite Janey with her original doors (or skins).
You would never find them in there....trust me
Old September 12th, 2015, 11:32 AM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
That's Janey alright. Damn I miss her. And yes not only was she a runner on the highway, she was awesome offroad - the gearing was perfect. I wish I had never sold her.

I take the blame for all dents. For the right rear, I'm pretty sure t was because I had switched to high range since we were covering some ground between trails, and had forgotten to switch back to low - amazing I got that far before it became an issue.

I did do some good for her though. I did the rear cross member, made those sliders, and various TLC.

I'm pretty sure I was the last one to paint those middle doors before selling it (now having the original fronts back thanks to Mike S. and Dave for the RURR).

Quote:
Incidentally she recently failed the state inspection because you could not open these doors from inside. So I took the doors off and went back for a re-inspection without rear doors - it didn't fly, not sure how Wranglers get away with it.
I like your style. Mike got stopped at a toll booth in the dead of winter on his trip from east to west and had to convince them it was ok to not have doors because jeeps can do it. But it must have been quite a sight. I remember the first time I met Mike H. was when he pulled up to Rausch Creek in his defender with just the surrey top and no doors - in shorts iirc and a lap blanket... also in the dead of winter.

I have plenty of pics I'll make available to you. Just the other day I found a video of me teaching my daughter how to drive and parallel park in her. There is a video on youtube of me showing how to clutches shift too.
Old September 12th, 2015, 12:00 PM
Ren Ching
Skinny Pete
'84 90 "Yamelo"/'88 RRC "Chewbacca"

Registry
Come here and you will be put to work.

The doors he is trying to sell are the ones I brought back from ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by down_shift View Post

Present:
1960 SII 109"- "Red Square"
1984 90 Tdi- "Yamelo"
1988 RRC- "Chewbacca"
1987 RRC- "Chewy 2"
2008 RRS SC- "The Supersofa"

Past:
1959 SII 88"- "The Little Green Beastie" last seen in NY
1972 SIII 88"- "GreenHELL" now in NC
1988 90 "Eric the Half a Bee" half a truck, sold for parts
1991 RRC- never got a name- long since recycled
Old September 12th, 2015, 03:57 PM
UserName
Andy
Janey

Registry
Sell them ... hold on, I didn't say I would sell them yet. Current offer is: even trade for 93' 110 NAS or free to good home where they will be appreciated by many. Sounds like there may be some options coming together:
1. Sneak them into Kilroy's along with a screw gun on a Thursday night. I have never been there but this seems plausible.
2. Offer them to that place with the cool tap in Alabama. I am shipping a set of Series doors to a guy in Alabama next week so I could include these doors on the pallet and ask the buyer to bring them over. Wish it was a place people went to though - could be D-Source good promo for a new crowd though.
3. Get them set up in Jeff Briggs shop. That seems reasonable to me since he is on the site-team. Cali is a long trip though.

Maybe some additional options will rise to the surface shortly too. I don't feel qualified to select so hopefully a consensus can be reached somehow without me.

Charles, you have to give me a way to search for those Youtube videos. My kids plan to learn how to drive in Janey so it would be fun to watch.
Old September 12th, 2015, 04:20 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:

Charles, you have to give me a way to search for those Youtube videos. My kids plan to learn how to drive in Janey so it would be fun to watch.
Ask and ye shall receive...

'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

Old September 12th, 2015, 08:58 PM
UserName
Andy
Janey

Registry
Thats awesome - you have to love the internet! She looks exactly the same.
Thanks Jason.
Old September 13th, 2015, 09:02 AM
leastonce
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
Someone should call that bar down in Alabama named Carrigan's with the 109 as the beer tap holder, although none of us ever go there. 2430 Morris Ave, Birmingham, AL http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restauran...m_Alabama.html
Your wine bar would be a great location ... I'm sure it would match the planned decor.
Cat Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Old September 13th, 2015, 11:28 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Now that I think about it, I think I sent Charles with the spray cans of red paint.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
door, tire