Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old October 22nd, 2012, 05:52 PM
Surf90
C.S.
1989 Defender 110 200tdi

Registry
James Bond's Defender Double Cab

Saw this here: http://www.edmunds.com/auto-shows/pa...auto-show.html

PARIS — A Land Rover Defender Double Cab Pickup that appears in the upcoming James Bond movie Skyfall will be featured at the 2012 Paris Auto Show. The special Land Rover Defender is driven in the opening sequence of the movie by actress Naomie Harris, who plays field agent Eve.

Jaguar Land Rover said it will celebrate 50 years of James Bond at the Paris auto show.

After a half century of James Bond, 007 fans recognize the cars in each film are often as important as the actors. In Skyfall, the latest installment starring Daniel Craig, Jaguar and Land Rover get to take on a starring role opposite Bond's Aston Martin DB5.

Jaguar Land Rover, now owned by India's Tata Motors, provided a total of 77 vehicles to the Skyfall production, including the Land Rover Defender, Range Rover and Jaguar XJ for use both on-screen and as production support vehicles.

"Bond is quintessentially British and Jaguar and Land Rover are two of the most established and globally recognized British brands, so it was a natural step for us to involve them in the film," said co-producer Andrew Noakes, a veteran of 11 James Bond films, in a statement.

Jaguar's appearance ends a 10-year absence from a Bond film. In Die Another Day, a villain used a Jaguar XKR convertible equipped with front grille machine guns and door panel missiles as a weapon. A Range Rover was Bond's vehicle of choice to ram a parking lot rail, triggering a symphony of car alarms.

Skyfall is Craig's third film of Ian Fleming's famous character. The cast also includes Dame Judi Dench, Javier Bardem, Ralph Fiennes, Bérénice Marlohe, Naomie Harris, Ben Whishaw and Albert Finney.

The 26th Bond film hits theaters in the United Kingdom and Ireland October 26, with a U.S. rollout November 9. Its release coincides with the franchise's 50th anniversary, which began with Dr. No in 1962. It's the first Bond film available at IMAX theaters.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	land-rover_defender_prf_ns_91912_600.jpeg
Views:	329
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	59537  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 8th, 2012, 11:18 AM
the_eaze
Eric Brown
1997 Arles SW

La Times just had an article with a picture of the Defender.

http://www.latimes.com/business/auto...,1794258.story
Old November 9th, 2012, 06:33 AM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
I saw it in IMAX mostly because of the Rover, its a shame what they do that truck. There were some pretty awesome camera shots. Towards the end there is a 110 with 255's that's muddy, and you catch a glimpse of a Defender roof rack. I didn't see many Defenders in the movie.
Advertisement

Old November 9th, 2012, 07:21 AM
Burke
Burke Bell
'94 NAS D90 #158

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rover4x4
I saw it in IMAX mostly because of the Rover, its a shame what they do that truck. There were some pretty awesome camera shots. Towards the end there is a 110 with 255's that's muddy, and you catch a glimpse of a Defender roof rack. I didn't see many Defenders in the movie.
It is being said it was the best Bond ever. What did you think?
Old November 9th, 2012, 07:48 AM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
It was pretty good, I thought it was the bond equivalent of taken 2. I am partial to the older james bond movies, Sean Connery. I haven't seen a bond movie in years, I watched this one Defender content.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
defender, double cab