James Baroud RTT - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old January 11th, 2015, 09:22 PM
the rover shop
shayne young
89,93 & 95 camel trophy 110s 06 130

I'm looking at doing one of these or a maggiolina but cutting the floor out and doing a pop top roof kinda thing so I can access it from inside the truck bed as well.. I may have to give them a call and see who is gonna give me the better deal..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 7th, 2015, 02:10 PM
coffee
John Oates
1993 NAS Defender 110 #367/500

Registry
I would think a more cost effective model of another brand might be better, most only do one or two season camping so save the cash...(Pedro)[/QUOTE]

Ha - I saw that photo on the OK Auto site. I thought I recognized that as your truck. Sounds like you need to sell the tent to me - let me know and I will drive over and pick it up since you are right down the road. I think its way to difficult for you to close on your tall-ass truck, and of course the snow sticking to the sides. You really should get rid of it. Let me know a good time to come get it.
Old February 7th, 2015, 03:49 PM
Greenbull
Mark Miller
1994 Defender 90NAS #1258

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Larson View Post
I'm 6'2" and if you lay diagonal you can stretch out!
Just for info my grand raid xxl is 89 inches long and wider than i thought at 64 inches
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 7th, 2015, 05:54 PM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffee View Post
I would think a more cost effective model of another brand might be better, most only do one or two season camping so save the cash...(Pedro)

Ha - I saw that photo on the OK Auto site. I thought I recognized that as your truck. Sounds like you need to sell the tent to me - let me know and I will drive over and pick it up since you are right down the road. I think its way to difficult for you to close on your tall-ass truck, and of course the snow sticking to the sides. You really should get rid of it. Let me know a good time to come get it.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what the OK Auto Site is...? My plan is to put it on the Disco II and get the better Baroud for the D90. My D90 has been in "Refresh" for a couple of months in NM.

But you are correct it's a PIA to close with snow as my D90 is pretty high, 8.5 feet.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat