Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old January 26th, 2012, 03:54 PM
down_shift
Russell
94' D90 ST & 06' LR3

Registry
Jackson Hole Lift Tickets

Does any of our Defender or Series brethren have access to discounted lift tickets/season pass for Jackson Hole? I would prefer not to feel the full effect of that 2x6 when paying retail at the ticket office. 2/3 through 2/5. Paypal or cash.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 26th, 2012, 09:26 PM
don
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST

Registry
Jackson is sick! That's where T. Rice grew up and look how insane he is now. Would love to hit that place up again someday. Didn't even get a chance to look at Corbetts and when I do I will probably be too old and squirelly to pop it.

Anyways, I can't help on tix but maybe call the ticket office to see if they have any deals going on. I ride Stowe a lot and they have a points card where I can cash in on free tickets after spending a certain amount. They also have had deals with amex so that might be something to look into.

Have fun and hope you guys get some fresh on your trip!
Old January 26th, 2012, 09:37 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Try groupon, call a rental shop in town (some offer up to 20% when bought at the rental places), AmEx, Craigslist, etc. or maybe someone here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 26th, 2012, 09:46 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
I can only wish you better luck/conditions than we have here on the east coast. I just spent 3 weeks in NY (30 minutes from Gore Mtn and 1:15 from Killington) and the conditions were so atrocious we didn't even hit the slopes once.

You ever go around here?
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Old January 26th, 2012, 10:36 PM
down_shift
Russell
94' D90 ST & 06' LR3

Registry
Did okay on Craig's List with $700 for 10, but still looking for more (14 on this trip). Jackson Hole does rock and the 5-ft they received over the last few days can't hurt. Not my first choice given it is always flippen bone chilling cold/windy and you are are in the soup more times than not. Crested Butte, Alta and Whistler are my favs.

Corbet's Couloir IS freakish. Did many runs years ago, not sure if I have the legs anymore, but we'll see how the entrance off the cornice looks. I'll raise a pint at the Mangy Moose.
Old January 26th, 2012, 11:35 PM
down_shift
Russell
94' D90 ST & 06' LR3

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBriggs View Post
Ever ski Tahoe?

-Jeff
The sierra crust? 100% of it. I lived in SF from 93-00 and most of the guys on this trip are from the Bay Area. We get together every Super Bowl weekend and a few impromptu trips as well.
Old January 27th, 2012, 11:23 AM
don
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by down_shift View Post
Did okay on Craig's List with $700 for 10, but still looking for more (14 on this trip). Jackson Hole does rock and the 5-ft they received over the last few days can't hurt. Not my first choice given it is always flippen bone chilling cold/windy and you are are in the soup more times than not. Crested Butte, Alta and Whistler are my favs.

Corbet's Couloir IS freakish. Did many runs years ago, not sure if I have the legs anymore, but we'll see how the entrance off the cornice looks. I'll raise a pint at the Mangy Moose.
Coming from riding northern VT, Jackson's chill, cold, wind didn't bother me too much. But that last time I was there the soup one day freaked me the hell out. Off the old tram and was following my crew across that ridge and couldn't see shit - felt like vertigo and had to look down at my board to get a sense of direction. I've been socked in in VT but there is usually a tree nearby and the terrain is tiny compared to out there. Our guide was saying if you don't know where you are going you can get pretty hosed with the terrain they have. Even inbouunds.

Props on doing Corbet's :D I've heard it's gnarly but also heard it can be "doable" depending on snowfall. Mangy Moose was a lot of fun - we had lunch at a little spot near there too. Nothing better than a beer after a full day on the hill!
Old January 27th, 2012, 06:27 PM
Ray_G
Ray Gerber
54 S1 86", 96 D1 (Coyote), 06 D3

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by down_shift View Post

I was in Crested Butte two weeks ago (MLK weekend). 25" base...mostly man made. Of course the day we left they got hit with 15"...and then got hit again...and again.
Damn it.

Still had a blast though, and the town there is very chill-lot of fun.
Good luck!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
ac