Isn't it interesting how a Utility vehicle can be elivated to near super car status?? - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old September 22nd, 2009, 11:30 AM
galen216
Galen Lentz
'98 D1

Registry
Quick's info came from this link off dweeb.

http://www.cars.gov/files/official-i...n-vehicles.pdf
Advertisement

Old September 22nd, 2009, 11:32 AM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Or, like I suspect a lot of things with this program, it was fraud. I would hate to have had one of those VINs that someone stole and clunkered.
Old September 22nd, 2009, 12:04 PM
landrovered
S. Smith
72 Series III 109 Diesel

Well on the bright side...

That is two less in the world so ours are now worth a small amount more when adjusted for the supply side of the equation.
Advertisement

Old September 22nd, 2009, 12:56 PM
quick128
Trevor Ross
Series 109 diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECR
Can you link the data that proves this?
I find it hard to believe that 1993 NAS Defenders got traded in for less than some folks want for a roll cage from one of them.
I bet they were 1993 Range Rovers, not 110s.
I have no doupt that someone would trade one in. Just picture some filthy rich person who has no concept of what a 110 is, just bought it in 93 because it cost a lot of money, it's been sitting in a carriage house ever since with about 1,000 miles on the clock, is probably friends with Al Gore, and thinks that by trading it in they will stop global warming all by themselves. I'm sure this is the type of person that traded in alot of the nicer cars. People actually believed that it would help the earth. Idiots.
Old September 22nd, 2009, 01:04 PM
landrovered
S. Smith
72 Series III 109 Diesel

Trevor,

What the hell does Cash For Clunkers of 110s have to do with global warming or your political grudges?

Having a bad day?
Old September 22nd, 2009, 01:11 PM
quick128
Trevor Ross
Series 109 diesel

I was just giving an example of the type of person that might trade in 110 for C4C. What kind of person do you think would trade in a $50K truck for a $4,500 rebate on a new car? I'm actually having a good day.
Old September 22nd, 2009, 01:11 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by quick128
I have no doupt that someone would trade one in. Just picture some filthy rich person who has no concept of what a 110 is, just bought it in 93 because it cost a lot of money, it's been sitting in a carriage house ever since with about 1,000 miles on the clock, is probably friends with Al Gore, and thinks that by trading it in they will stop global warming all by themselves. I'm sure this is the type of person that traded in alot of the nicer cars. People actually believed that it would help the earth. Idiots.

I think you need to have more doubt in those scenarios...except for the global warming one which made complete sense
Old September 22nd, 2009, 01:14 PM
quick128
Trevor Ross
Series 109 diesel

there is a little sarcasm you have to take into account in my post...
Old September 22nd, 2009, 01:26 PM
landrovered
S. Smith
72 Series III 109 Diesel

Sorry you didn't use the sarcasm font.

Do you think for a moment that two real NAS 110s were CFCd. Your account is like the story of stupid arabs that abandon new mercedes in the desert because they are too stupid to put gas in.

Really, it is rude to insinuate that rich liberals do not value their posessions. As if ones liberal philosphy eliminates any sense of value that one may posess. I hope to be a rich liberal in the future and I can assure you that I know the value of a buck.

I cannot contemplate any scenario in which an NAS 110 would be worth less than the CFC value. I would draw the conclusion that there was an error in the process somewhere and that the data is wrong.
Old September 22nd, 2009, 01:36 PM
rover26c
Lee
1994 D90 ST

Is this the second part of CFC debate?
Old September 22nd, 2009, 01:37 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Look, it did not happen. Even if you turn in a CFC vehicle, they don't have to CFC it. Sure mr. rich guy, here is your $4500 and then they wholesale the 110 for 30k. No dealer is dumb enough not to look in KBB or whatnot.
Old September 22nd, 2009, 01:39 PM
quick128
Trevor Ross
Series 109 diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by landrovered
Sorry you didn't use the sarcasm font.

Do you think for a moment that two real NAS 110s were CFCd. Your account is like the story of stupid arabs that abandon new mercedes in the desert because they are too stupid to put gas in.

Really, it is rude to insinuate that rich liberals do not value their posessions. As if ones liberal philosphy eliminates any sense of value that one may posess. I hope to be a rich liberal in the future and I can assure you that I know the value of a buck.

I cannot contemplate any scenario in which an NAS 110 would be worth less than the CFC value. I would draw the conclusion that there was an error in the process somewhere and that the data is wrong.
I hope there was an error and the data is wrong. My reference to rich liberals comes from experience with the filthy rich. I only was implying liberal because it went with the rest of what I was saying. I have seen things I would love to have abused and forgotten about because they didn't matter. Everything from vacation homes to vehicles, tractors, land, etc. I even knew of a guy who bought a 600 acre farm in south west virginia then let the cows starve to death because he didn't want to work. He only wanted to "own" a farm. In my profession, in the area I work, I see alot of rich people that don't care about what they have. I'm not saying I hate rich people. I only see the waste from time to time. No offense and not trying to be rude, but we all know these poeple exist. I'm sure there are none on here because you would have to care about what you have to be on a forum like this.
Old September 22nd, 2009, 01:40 PM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
Just Defenders, nothing else.
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilfij
Look, it did not happen.
+1

Until I see a VIN I think this myth. No one is that stupid, or should I say, 2 people are not that stupid.

I do not check PMs. Call or email if you need something.

ECR is not a parts source. We are not in the mail order business.
Old September 22nd, 2009, 01:44 PM
galen216
Galen Lentz
'98 D1

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECR
+1

Until I see a VIN I think this myth. No one is that stupid, or should I say, 2 people are not that stupid.
It has to be true, the government would never lie!
Old September 22nd, 2009, 01:47 PM
quick128
Trevor Ross
Series 109 diesel

what is the value of this? It's a 2000 or an 01. I took the picture. I looked inside the vehicle and it was spotless. Still looked new. I think it's worth more than $4500. Maybe i'm wrong

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/n...4/100_1904.jpg

Didn't mean to get a C4C debate going. I'll stop now.
Old September 22nd, 2009, 01:49 PM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
Just Defenders, nothing else.
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by galen216
It has to be true, the government would never lie!

or make a mistake!

I do not check PMs. Call or email if you need something.

ECR is not a parts source. We are not in the mail order business.
Old September 22nd, 2009, 01:51 PM
landrovered
S. Smith
72 Series III 109 Diesel

I would agree with you that it should be worth more than $4500 but people make stupid decisions evey day. Not because they are liberal or conservative (end of this point for me).

i have been trying to figure the angle of why it would make sense to CFC an NAS 110 even in a VIN swap situation. The only thing I can come up with would be for a tax loss. You do a VIN swap with a 66 109 and write off the difference in value between the NAS and the 66. The drive the 110 as a 66.

This is the only way it would make sense to me.
Old September 22nd, 2009, 01:54 PM
redhummer96
Taylor
None

This list also de-bunks the rumor about the d-90 that was supposedly traded in at the Virgina dealership, as there are no D-90's on the list.
Old September 22nd, 2009, 01:56 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Without proper care these defenders don't exactly age well. There are people out there who I am sure own them and think of them as just a used vehicle they have had for a long time. I have a very good friend whos father has a 1995 D90. He is the original owner and it has 12,000 miles on it. It has sat outside though its entire life in NJ and in PA being driven in the snow, etc. Basically it is a piece of crap. He knows nothing about the cult following other than what I told him. He just bought it one day when he saw it at the Land Rover dealer in 95. You never know who has these things.
Old September 22nd, 2009, 02:00 PM
Ren Ching
Skinny Pete
'84 90 "Yamelo"/'88 RRC "Chewbacca"

Registry
[sarcasm]

Damn those liberals! Only a liberal would starve a bunch of poor innocent cows to death. If it was a republican, they would sell the cows outright and starve some people!

Or, I could see some rich republican ex-trophy wife clunkering her ex husbands NAS 110 that she got in the divorce settlement after she found out he was a closeted homo freak that was cheating on her with the entire local HS football team.

[/sarcasm]

Or, maybe it was somebody, rich or not, who just didn't know. There is a whole world of people out there that don't give a rat's arse about Land Rovers or know anything about them at all. And some of them even work at car dealerships. If someone showed up at that dealership with a 17 year old swiss cheese 110, Obama only knows what could happen.

Or, ?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat