Is it just me? - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old March 9th, 2015, 09:28 PM
icnsltmfg
Adam
1988 D90 RHD 19J

Registry
In some of my stores we donate to some local charities, and of course I have several police chiefs who yell at me because their officers are getting fat when I donate a few dozen to them...but in some areas we just throw out at the end of the evening...cost of doing business...we have some pretty hefty homeless guys and it's not all from booze...its from donuts..

2017 Range Rover L405 HSE TD6
2008 Range Rover HSE L322/MkIII - Gone but not forgotten
1988 D90 County RHD 2.5TD
2015 Porsche Cayenne TD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 9th, 2015, 09:59 PM
newhue
Jason
1994 Tdi 130, 2010 Tdci 130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roverlab View Post
I was hoping the 50-ish degrees and sunshine we're having today would soothe my ire, but I swear it's getting harder in this industry.
Vendors selling inferior or defective parts, some Genuine, and a vendor that until a recent merger didn't have any trouble filling the order correctly, an insurance broker who knew he wasn't going to be able to renew my garage keepers policy so he let it expire without telling me, leaving me uninsured and shut down, (also couldn't drive my primary Rover as that was also covered under that policy) for 9 days, another vendor that damaged an item entrusted to their care, and even some customers so vague about their Rover's symptoms, I need a f-ing crystal ball to know why it's here.

Rant possibly over. There is always tomorrow.
uh huh I hear you, but try this. Go camping for the weekend, actually make a long weekend out of it. Go some where quiet... where the birds sing an the water flows. Stop by the war memorial on the way to camping, reflect, and thank god for our graces and your not one of them. Enjoy the sunshine. After the weekend you will be a new man, not happy to, but a bit more ready to deal with the world again.
Old March 9th, 2015, 10:28 PM
icnsltmfg
Adam
1988 D90 RHD 19J

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBriggs View Post
You'd probably throw away beer too! Bastard.

(where do you work?)

-Jeff
Funny you should say that...back in the mid nineties I worked for Anheuser-Busch running one of the bottling plants...whenever we cleaned or changed from one flavor to another we would have to dump the filler to the drain...each time was probably more then the average "Star" on COPS would drink in a month...after a while it meant nothing...

I actually own a Network of Dunkin' Donuts for the last 5 years in several parts of Northern NJ...and yes I do feel like a minority when attending the regional meetings..

2015 Porsche Cayenne TD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 9th, 2015, 10:30 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by icnsltmfg View Post
Funny you should say that...back in the mid nineties I worked for Anheuser-Busch running one of the bottling plants...whenever we cleaned or changed from one flavor to another we would have to dump the filler to the drain...each time was probably more then the average "Star" on COPS would drink in a month...after a while it meant nothing...

I actually own a Network of Dunkin' Donuts for the last 5 years in several parts of Northern NJ...and yes I do feel like a minority when attending the regional meetings..
Will trade Rover parts for a case of Boston Creme and maybe Chocolate Cake Donut!
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Old March 9th, 2015, 10:37 PM
icnsltmfg
Adam
1988 D90 RHD 19J

Registry
The new Brownie Batter or cookie dough donut is pretty darn good....yet I have to take my hibernation weight off or I will never get behind the damn wheel or at least until I put the bulkhead removal bar in...no carbs for a month...

How about just the filling in a big 55 gal tub...?

2015 Porsche Cayenne TD
Old March 9th, 2015, 10:47 PM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

Quote:

It just had to be Dunkin...Overland will be all over this post!
Old March 9th, 2015, 10:48 PM
roverguy
Robert
1995 RRC

Registry
Quote:
Employees don't want to work, vendors suck, and customers are a PITA...but hey unemployment is down and the economy is soooo much better...yeah right!
I deal with the same shit everyday...
2000 DII (SOLD)
Old March 10th, 2015, 12:20 AM
icnsltmfg
Adam
1988 D90 RHD 19J

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by roverguy View Post
I deal with the same shit everyday...
The not so new scam here in NJ is unemployment and even some welfare benefits require that you actively look for work and prove that you are looking...if I post an ad on Craigslist specifically looking for experienced people I will get over 50 responses in the first hour...no one even reads the ad..then the few you weed out and set up interviews for 1 out of 10 will show up even after confirming 15 min before...they use that conformation to show the officials that they interviewed but didn't get hired...

I know have to put in bold letters at the top of the ad that I will forward all resume / info to the Dept of Labour for anyone who does not plan on interviewing or that does not show up for an interview...I now get 10 responses and they usually show up for an interview...half are still shit...5 jobs in the last 5 months, want $12/hr doesn't want to work early morning, nights, or weekends....I now check the County and State jails for an inmate record...and most have one...

2015 Porsche Cayenne TD
Old March 10th, 2015, 12:37 AM
LuisC
Luis Constantin
98 Disvovery 1 LE

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanwind View Post
Will trade Rover parts for a case of Boston Creme and maybe Chocolate Cake Donut!
Did someone say chocolate cake donut?
Old March 10th, 2015, 01:08 AM
LuisC
Luis Constantin
98 Disvovery 1 LE

Registry
Quote:
Funny you should say that...back in the mid nineties I worked for Anheuser-Busch running one of the bottling plants...whenever we cleaned or changed from one flavor to another we would have to dump the filler to the drain...each time was probably more then the average "Star" on COPS would drink in a month...after a while it meant nothing... I actually own a Network of Dunkin' Donuts for the last 5 years in several parts of Northern NJ...and yes I do feel like a minority when attending the regional meetings..
The nicest Dunkin I've ever been in is in Elliot, Maine. That place had a huge fireplace.
I actually don't care for DD since they changed their recipe and delivery method several years ago. They were my favorite.
I now just go for the coffee.
Old March 10th, 2015, 07:44 AM
rankar
Randy
97 SW #2236 (Maggie)

Registry
Sorry guys about all the woes. I'm dealing with it too. How about a little levity?

http://youtu.be/eqat10q4t9w

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat