Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old January 4th, 2011, 10:38 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
I would release a stink bug out in the woods (or maybe kill it once I'm outside) just so that it doesn't stink up my place. Is that humane?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 4th, 2011, 10:49 PM
tebby
Justin Tebbenkamp
95 D-90 ST

My vote would be Crossbow with 3 dot scope...you find them pretty cheap used. You can even buy a rubber tip bolt to shoot instead of a broad head or target bolt. Either that or get some bigger dogs. My two boxers killed a ground hog that got into our fenced backyard and almost tore its head off...at least a crossbow would be a quick death.
Old January 4th, 2011, 10:54 PM
huck1974
shane cates
94 d90

Quote:
Originally Posted by tebby View Post
My vote would be Crossbow with 3 dot scope...you find them pretty cheap used. You can even buy a rubber tip bolt to shoot instead of a broad head or target bolt. Either that or get some bigger dogs. My two boxers killed a ground hog that got into our fenced backyard and almost tore its head off...at least a crossbow would be a quick death.
Then we can hug a tree?
And I love you too
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 4th, 2011, 11:27 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Why do people hate rodents so much? In the south, its seems that anything which people dislike is categorized as a rodent. I've seen cute girls in pretty dresses hating on squirrels because they are "rats with fuzzy tails." When I was a kid I found a wounded possum, nursed it back to health and released it in the woods. I also built a shelter for a dying crow, so I'll admit to being the overly-sensitive type, but what's with rancor directed towards non-threatening animals? If the dogs were barking, why not just let them have their way with the possum? Then your hands are clean and you can write it off as natural selection.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old January 16th, 2011, 10:22 PM
huck1974
shane cates
94 d90

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC View Post
Why do people hate rodents so much? In the south, its seems that anything which people dislike is categorized as a rodent. I've seen cute girls in pretty dresses hating on squirrels because they are "rats with fuzzy tails." When I was a kid I found a wounded possum, nursed it back to health and released it in the woods. I also built a shelter for a dying crow, so I'll admit to being the overly-sensitive type, but what's with rancor directed towards non-threatening animals? If the dogs were barking, why not just let them have their way with the possum? Then your hands are clean and you can write it off as natural selection.
Would prefer that. The problem is the rodent is smarter than the dogs. It guards the territory on top of the fence. It will not move. The dogs can't get it so they just jump and bark. I fixed the problem a few minutes ago. 9mm.
And I love you too
Old January 17th, 2011, 12:32 PM
Emerson00
Matt J.
None at the moment

What Jim said.

Possums are non-threatening wimps that prefer to get away. Our dogs jumped a Possum once in our yard; it played dead, they got bored or were convinced; 10 minutes later it quietly walked away, and was never seen or heard from again.

On the other hand, some men need to kill stuff. I'm not sure it's anything but overcompensation, though.
Old January 17th, 2011, 02:47 PM
Santiago Montenegr
Santiago Montenegro
98 110 CSW 300 TDi

Registry
Folks, lets get two points straight:

Possums are not rodents.

Squirrels are fluffy tailed rats. Only tastier.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat