Ironic how a thread talking about over-moderation got closed - Page 6 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old February 15th, 2012, 02:13 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by don View Post
Going with the bar theme - why not set up a locals only / old salty owner / holier than tho / free for all sub forum? To gain entry you have to have a landie, have 1000 posts, have been on D-90 since it was a yahoo group, or help pay for server costs.

New members wouldn't be able to see it and just let it moderate itself. I am in vt snowboarding and before you enter the park, into the trees, or duck a rope for a side-country line there are signs - enter at your own risk. Why note just do a side-country sub forum?
Maybe it could be called the D-90 Source Cage Fight Forum.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Semper Fi!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 15th, 2012, 04:40 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBriggs View Post
Are you trying to make me feel old?

-Jeff
The scary thing is I can still remember most of the people from the yahoo group. A bunch are still on this website too.
Old February 15th, 2012, 05:02 PM
ini88
Daniel Marcello
Alloy+Grit Creative Director

I want to know what this site will look like to new members with the ad placements. I am all for new members as I think it helps us grow and its good to see fresh ideas come out of these new owners, but I wonder if this will make us look like a bunch of assholes because of the ads all over.

Can we see what the site looks like to new members?
1994 Defender 90 #916
1967 Lancia Fulvia
1974 Alfa Romeo GTV
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 15th, 2012, 05:08 PM
don
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBriggs View Post
Are you trying to make me feel old?

-Jeff
Nah, I shouldn't make anyone feel old. Hell - I'm as old as the dirt I ride/drive on.
Old February 15th, 2012, 05:37 PM
don
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilfij View Post
The scary thing is I can still remember most of the people from the yahoo group. A bunch are still on this website too.
I think having the Ur Members on D-90 is really cool. If heads were posting LR shit back in yahoo groups and still own and work on one that is pretty freaking awesome. I was big into the Audi forums (hence the Ur) back in the roaring internet 90's and saw the Audiworld forum blowup. Hearing tips and stories from you guys makes D-90.com what it is. I know I've taken a bunch from reading your posts Ron.

Any sport/activity I do you have to put in the time and sweat in. The crew I ride bikes with, you show up and haven't done any work on the trails don't expect to be getting texts to ride and you'll be getting a cold shoulder on the deck. Rookies on my hockey team need to bring post game beers.

I can see why the new owners would buy D-90 Source and make it bit more mainstream. If the new Defender comes into market they might have a forum worth a little money and good for them. But they provide us with a working forum, PM space, image space, and a free classifieds section. But they should take care of those members that made the site what it is. Seems like if people are complaining that the site is getting soft then set up a zone for people to get loose. I mean what would a good bar be without the crusty locals making a bunch of noise?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
mod