Introducing "Over Hill & Dale", Classifieds and Professional Services - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old August 8th, 2013, 04:43 PM
transientmechanic
Adam
1972 SIII

Introducing "Over Hill & Dale", Classifieds and Professional Services

Over Hill & Dale -- Proper Four-Wheel Drive

I would like to introduce you to my new business venture, Over Hill & Dale.

There is a distinct absence of a centralized Land Rover/Range Rover classified listing, particularly one that is curated with an emphasis towards the buyer. OH&D is a blog-style classified showcase laid out like "Bring A Trailer", if you are familiar with that (excellent) website. The showcase will feature vehicles that have been submitted, and approved for posting based on specific guidelines mostly to ensure accuracy and to promote a good buying environment. OH&D will be the premier source for buying and selling Land Rovers and Range Rovers on the internet.

OH&D also features professional services such as pre-sale inspection, appraisal, caretaking, and brokerage. I have the ability to broker NEW Land Rover/Range Rover sales as well with an emphasis on client care and concierge service.

Please visit the website, www.OverHillandDale.com

Note Over Hill & Dale is not affiliated with JLR NA in any way.

SPECIAL OFFER, professionally written and featured Showcase listing at no cost to the first 10 clients!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 8th, 2013, 04:57 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Congrats. A little confused, too.

Which part of Bring a Trailer is it like? The part I usually read is where readers submit a nice find (pretty much always already on eBay though) and then the publisher writes a little blurb about how cool it is. Then there are a ton of comments (a lot of them are usually inaccurate but fun to read), but if the truck sells, it is only sometimes because of it being listed on BaT. I was unaware of any fees that are associated with such listings though.

Basically, if you look at any of my "Flea Market" (or most anyones flea market) threads, are you saying I could submit something like that? "Hey Adam, I found this on Craigslist..." and then you read it over, see that it's all accurate, post it to your site, but I guess I'm just confused how it helps a buyer other than you posting it to your site? And then where would your fees come from? Only people who submit their own truck?

Just curious. Good idea though.
Old August 8th, 2013, 05:14 PM
transientmechanic
Adam
1972 SIII

Very valid questions, some of this is certainly a work in progress and the model will be adjusted along the way!

I would accept links to eBay and other ads but they would not be "featured" listings similarly to how BaT does their own exclusive listings.

I would ask a fair listing fee if someone would like to have their vehicle featured on OH&D. I am certainly not trying to make a fortune but rather just support the community and possibly my own Land Rover habit just a bit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 9th, 2013, 06:32 PM
transientmechanic
Adam
1972 SIII

Just an update, I have been adding content to the site so please check it out! You can comment on all posts. www.overhillanddale.com
Old August 9th, 2013, 07:56 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
Congrats. A little confused, too.
I was unaware of any fees that are associated with such listings.

Just curious. Good idea though.
Bring a Trailer charges $$ if you want your car showcased or "discovered." Reader submissions are free. I got lucky and readers found both my vehicles and submitted them. Excellent exposure....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Semper Fi!
Old August 10th, 2013, 12:23 AM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Fabrication View Post

Bring a Trailer charges $$ if you want your car showcased or "discovered." Reader submissions are free. I got lucky and readers found both my vehicles and submitted them. Excellent exposure....
Yeah I guess I've only ever read the reader submissions and have never really paid attention to the owner-submitted section of BaT.
Old October 24th, 2013, 03:29 PM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
Did you lose interest in this?
Old October 28th, 2013, 05:22 AM
junkyddog11
oil soaked filter
95 RRC 300tdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
Did you lose interest in this?
Dont think so....he was eyeing the contents of my parking lot / junk yard just recently.

The one thing I have learned over the years I have known Adam....he just will not let this Land Rover thing go. Its in his DNA. Smart guy with a talent for seeing right through the bullshit ROW, has seen, had his hands on more Land Rovers than most nuts on here will ever dream about. I hope this works out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
new expansion complete. Not only are we the only Rover shop in Eliot Maine...now we're also the biggest.

"Dedicated to the resurrection of junk through engineering?"

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
service