insurnace claim value 94st 110k miles??? - Page 4 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old May 22nd, 2013, 09:16 AM
95 Range Rover Classic
Insurance check finally coming this week. I got to keep the truck but sold it to a board member to convert into a 110!

Moral of the story. Put you auto insurance in place prior to having your truck shipped!! I would have been paid 37k not the 10k I had to fight for.

Old May 22nd, 2013, 10:26 AM
1983 Land Rover Defender
My worst nightmare. Every time I make an upgrade to my 110, I worry about whether or not any of the cost will come back to me if it's totaled. At least with a 94 KBB can provide some input. Not sure what value an appraiser would assign to a 1983 vehicle that was never sold in the US. God forbid they look at the value of the same vehicle in the UK. My insurance agent has me documenting everything I do including pictures. Let us know how your experience turns out. Has anyone else had to battle for the value of their vehicle on an insurance claim?

Old July 25th, 2013, 12:16 PM
Craig Longenecker
97 D90 SW
I couldn't find if this was talked about or not but there seemed to be some questions on insurance claims and what they pay out in a total loss.
I am sure I am missing some info but basically insurance companies are insuring for replacement cost. They will look at KBB or something, milage on the vehicle, condition etc. I have USAA and they use a third party called CCC Valuescope to do the evaluation. USAA couldn't give me any idea replacement cost and would NOT run a market value request for me. After speaking with the guy at CCC Valuescope he told me that another option is to have a policy that is an agreed value. Turns out USAA is partnered with America's Collectors Insurance. They have a couple plans that are based on how much the car is used (both are for very limited use and certainly not off road use). For me I use on weekends only and maybe a couple times a month. I was quoted $1078.78 for a years coverage based on a $35k agreed value. They require photo's and may change the agreed price or maybe even not insure it. I didn't do any other research as I am sure there are other companies that do an Agreed Value Policy.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

110, ac