Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old March 5th, 2013, 04:59 PM
charles31
charles
range rover V8

Registry
i'm french

Hello,
I speak with transalate google, I hope you understand me.
I am French, I have a garage and I am passionate about 4x4 since I always do many special preparations and those for all brands but I prefer land rover, my specialty.

I have a friend who lives in Miami Beach land he loves, he looks right now to buy one. he found land V8, his favorite, but also saw diesel land, often RHD manual transmission and are more expensive than land V8.

He contacted me to see if I could make a land 90 or 110 V8 automatic transmission with a personal development: air conditioning, suspension kit, big tires and with the obligation to register in the USA.

I did a study project and this is possible, you can have the land V8 or TDI but also other vehicle in this style (range 2 doors, Toyota FJ 40) and of course with his approval and USA Canada.

I wonder if people are interested in this project, a change of scenery for me I would not mind

Advertisement

Old March 5th, 2013, 05:40 PM
Mybluett
Defenders Northwest
110SW
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by charles31 View Post

Hello,
I speak with transalate google, I hope you understand me.
I am French, I have a garage and I am passionate about 4x4 since I always do many special preparations and those for all brands but I prefer land rover, my specialty.

I have a friend who lives in Miami Beach land he loves, he looks right now to buy one. he found land V8, his favorite, but also saw diesel land, often RHD manual transmission and are more expensive than land V8.

He contacted me to see if I could make a land 90 or 110 V8 automatic transmission with a personal development: air conditioning, suspension kit, big tires and with the obligation to register in the USA.

I did a study project and this is possible, you can have the land V8 or TDI but also other vehicle in this style (range 2 doors, Toyota FJ 40) and of course with his approval and USA Canada.

I wonder if people are interested in this project, a change of scenery for me I would not mind

Bonjour,

Je ne utiliser le google translate, mais je n'avez pas plus de opportunite a parlez Français - désolé...

C'est difficile a faire prête les voiture pour importation a le États-Unis. Les années est le restriction principale, plus de vingt cinq! Aussi c'est n'est pas bon avec beaucoup les difference des plus de les configuration original. Chassis original - c'est bon. Le motor original - c'est bon. Et cetera...

Bon chance,
Brian
Old March 5th, 2013, 07:58 PM
navydevildoc
Neill Thornton
1984 D90 300 Tdi / 1965 Series IIA
Site Team

Registry
I'm glad you have this Brian... all I can muster is my San Diego Spanish, which pretty much equals the ability to order "Uno Mas" and a Carne Asada Burrito while telling the federales I have rights.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 5th, 2013, 08:50 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
Welcome Charles

Nice name btw

I would read this thread about what is legal (and not legal) to bring to the US.

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ighlight=legal

Technically speaking the trucks must be at least 25 years old and stock - so be careful about your engine choice.

hth
the other charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by google translate
Bienvenue Charles

Nice, nom btw

Je voudrais lire ce thread sur ce qui est légal (et non juridique) d'apporter aux Etats-Unis.

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ighlight=legal

Techniquement parlant, les camions doivent avoir au moins 25 ans et stock - alors faites attention à votre choix de moteur.

hth
l'autre charles
Old March 6th, 2013, 05:04 AM
charles31
charles
range rover V8

Registry

En lisant la charte d’importation véhicule au USA j’y ai trouver beaucoup de choses intéressantes , voici ce que j’ai trouvé :

Il y a moyen de prendre un range rover , l’envoyer en France par exemple pour modification , on a le droit de changer des éléments mais il faut garder le moteur car il est homologué chez vous ensuite il faut repasser à NHTSA et on obtient une homologation en Rover kit car.

On peut aussi importer un véhicule qui a été homologué chez vous , le défendeur D90 nas , qui a été distribué en Europe avec les spécifications US , il y a un papier a demander

Pour le Tdi , il y a des normes pollution et consommation , mais c’est possible , je suis à l’étude dessus.

Originally Posted by google translate

Reading the charter import vehicle in the USA where I find a lot of interesting things, here's what I found:

There is a way to take a range rover, send to France for example modification, we have the right to change things but keep the engine as it is approved then you must revert to NHTSA and qualifies a by Rover kit car.

You can also import a vehicle that has been approved you, the defendant D90 nas, which was released in Europe with the U.S. specifications, there is a paper request

For Tdi, there are standards pollution and consumption, but it is possible, I am in the study above
</SPAN>

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat