If the new Defender closely resembles the old one... - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old February 16th, 2015, 02:52 AM
Chip
Andrew
1994 NAS Defender 90

Nice. I hope that turns out to be a good rig. My mom sold her Disco too and got an X5. So far it's a much better vehicle for her. Easier for her to get into, drives like a dream, and about twice as good on gas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 16th, 2015, 03:05 AM
D90Overkill
David Frank
1995 ST #2615

Registry
Nice! Enjoy a little peace of mind! I haven't had a warranty on a car yet.
Old February 16th, 2015, 03:08 AM
Blueboy
James Thompson
1994 RR LWB

Registry
Last night watched Top Gear (GB version) and they winched Series 1 up a dam in tribute to the D90 commercial. At the end of the show James May commented why all the fuss on the production run ending as a new Defender that looks like the current one will be available. Being in Switzerland the dealer should get advanced info which I am looking forward to reading.
Advertisement

Old February 16th, 2015, 03:10 AM
D90Overkill
David Frank
1995 ST #2615

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip View Post
5 seats is enough. The others could join the pool party in the back.
Haha! I remember those commercials! At 8lbs/gal, most euro truck bed suspensions couldn't hardly support a dunk tank, but that 6X6 Glandy looks like it could carry my endless pool.

------ Follow up post added February 16th, 2015 12:13 AM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueboy View Post
Last night watched Top Gear (GB version) and they winched Series 1 up a dam in tribute to the D90 commercial. At the end of the show James May commented why all the fuss on the production run ending as a new Defender that looks like the current one will be available. Being in Switzerland the dealer should get advanced info which I am looking forward to reading.
Saw that too! I can't get enough of those guys! Regarding defender production hype, please keep us in the loop if and when you hear something.
Old February 16th, 2015, 03:49 AM
Blueboy
James Thompson
1994 RR LWB

Registry
Yep for sure. Our dealer is in Liechtenstein with some very well heeled customers so they should be on top of it.
Old February 17th, 2015, 12:05 PM
navydevildoc
Neill Thornton
1984 D90 300 Tdi / 1965 Series IIA
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueboy View Post
I watched the episode last night. Yeah, it was a strange way to bring it up... I don't know if this is Land Rover's way of hinting at what they are up to, which would make the whole DC100 deal a large troll operation.

But at the same time, James May could just not care that the DC100 doesn't look anything like the current Defender, and is just trolling hamster.

In the end, I don't know what to believe anymore... Defenderception!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
defender, new defender