If the black 2k mile 1997 Defender wasn't amazing now this! - Page 7 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old December 1st, 2011, 01:01 AM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

You might be the dumbest person on the board. You know zero. Something tells me the 97 is the only thing you know how to drive. Put it in d and hit the road.

Did you even buy your truck? I thought you posted it was given to you for your quinceanera?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 1st, 2011, 01:25 AM
specops1526
Brian
Beluga '97 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefenderPilot
Oh hush side kick! Your not funnier then my Barry Bot! You are smarter though, you knew to buy a 97 instead a early production 94 like he did with all the old style left over rover short blocks and all.
Ouch, you're so clever. If you weren't 17 years old without a clue, I might take that as an insult. I would have never made any comments on this thread. Unfortunately for you, I couldn't take the nonsense you were spewing on here. Most of it I couldn't even understand as your grammar is atrocious. The rest I attributed to some head trauma you must have experienced in the past or that you were just plain stupid. I'm beginning to think it's the latter because you have yet to realize why everyone loves reading this thread. It's not for the wisdom you impart about 4.0 engines and white roofs, but for the most ridiculous, idiotic comments you make. Sadly, you wouldn't be such a joke if you had just kept your mouth shut and listened to what people were telling you.

My only advice for you is to keep imparting your wealth of knowledge to the neophytes here as we might have never known the truth and facts about Defenders. Until you came along, we barely knew Conniston SWs with white roofs existed. I mean, why wouldn't we believe what you're saying, someone who sells as many "NAS" spec steering wheels as you must know what you're talking about.

If any of what I said is beyond your comprehension, I'd be happy to give you a brief and grade-school level summary. Just let me know.

-->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Beluga 97 D-90
Chawton 04 DII SE
Tangiers 04 DII G4
Old December 1st, 2011, 01:44 AM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Brian

Did you need to crush him so hard? He is just a young boy much as horsey was once. Dare I say I miss the "not mine". At least horsey just posted the trucks and moved on. Dare i say horsey has evolved. This truly is a one trick pony. He has five minutes experience with a truck he was given most likely due to insane whining and he thinks he is an authority. Zero experience with selling one or what one would bring.

I did enjoy his posts about lifting the truck and he is the go to guy for steering wheels but otherwise he is useless.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 1st, 2011, 01:55 AM
specops1526
Brian
Beluga '97 90

Damn, I didn't mean to crush a little girl's dreams of greatness. He can surely continue to be our wikipedia of Defender knowledge. Shit, up until tonight, I'm sure you didn't know you could have purchased a blue 97 over your outdated blue 94, did you??? Not only is the 97 worth more but you could have had a SW with a WHITE roof! I'm sure the buyer's remorse is setting in now, isn't it?

-->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Beluga 97 D-90
Chawton 04 DII SE
Tangiers 04 DII G4
Old December 1st, 2011, 02:44 AM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Wait, I can sell my truck and get a 97 in blue? I would really like a green one with a white roof. If only I knew someone who could help me find a nice one.
Old December 1st, 2011, 09:23 AM
Jpayne
Jeff Payne
'83 110 3 Door

Registry
Might want to proofread your post before you criticize someone's spelling

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefenderPilot View Post
Look don't lie to your self. Its done now and there is nothing you can do about it unless you sell yours and get the 97 blue like you should have. Of corase I researcher and found fast facts and new the last of the breed were the best! Even you know the prices are more for them!

Haha, I don't know much about Eddie Bauer (pissss check your spelling again) stuff. Never wore those type of clothes but it made me laugh my Barry Bot and your my tool for fun times!
Old December 1st, 2011, 10:11 AM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpayne View Post
Might want to proofread your post before you criticize someone's spelling
Amazing!!! When you have a 4.0 THEIR is no need to know how to spell.

Defenderpilot YOUR the best!!
Old December 1st, 2011, 10:47 AM
hunterjah
Jesse Hardin
Past: '97 D90 LE #135

The green SW is back up on eBay. $97.5k, reserve not met!

Previous Rovers:
1997 LR D90 LE - #135
1997 LR D90 ST - #1185 (BRG)
2000 LR Discovery SII (Oxford Blue)
2008 LR LR3 HSE (Alaska White)
2012 LR LR4 Lux (Fuji White)
Old December 1st, 2011, 11:17 AM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

It is??? I am a bit nervous dealing with people on eBay. Would you know anyone on the board I could go through that has never seen the truck in person but has talked to the seller on the phone? I would feel much more comfortable doing that.

Thanks for the help.
Old December 1st, 2011, 12:32 PM
hunterjah
Jesse Hardin
Past: '97 D90 LE #135

I don't unfortunately. I always do a "Land Rover Defender" search on eBay weekly to see what's there and the black st caught my eye initially. I think the price is just too crazy on the truck. It's already been covered, but you'd have to be a collector willing to set on this truck for a long time to make the economics make sense. As most have stated, I'd rather get a driver with a few more miles, but one that's still collectable. That's why I got my LE.

Previous Rovers:
1997 LR D90 LE - #135
1997 LR D90 ST - #1185 (BRG)
2000 LR Discovery SII (Oxford Blue)
2008 LR LR3 HSE (Alaska White)
2012 LR LR4 Lux (Fuji White)

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
1997, 97, ac