I need to mod! - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old July 26th, 2005, 05:48 PM
rustydefender
Russell Newton
97 D-90 sw

I need to mod!

I have had my rover dor over a year and i have done nothing to it aside from swap out the locks and add a rubber loadspace mat. She is running great and I want to add a little something. It is a daily driver but i consitently wheel' it on the weekends in the mud. Where should i start and don't give me anything sensible like save for mechanical problems because i have that covered. I want to make my rover my ownwhere should i start?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 26th, 2005, 06:46 PM
Ragland
Robert Ragland
1994 Defender 90

Think in terms of what you plan on doing with the rover. Then move toward upgrading the systems needed to make that sort of driving better while planning through the changes.

Enjoy cruising the beaches and riding with friends - upgrade the electrical system to handle the improved stereo and night driving lights. Then start with the mods.

Lots of slow off-road driving in hot weather Florida - upgrade the cooling system.

This way what is first being addressed are the weak points that will undoubtedly crop up when doing your favorite thing. You are also building a truck to fit your needs. A lot of folks will say something like lift it and run 36" MTR's. But by focusing on popular upgrades having mostly visual value, you are only building a truck that would meet someone else's expectations of what a Rover should look like.
Old July 26th, 2005, 07:21 PM
Eric Siepmann
Eric W. Siepmann
1997 Defender 90 SW

Well, if your running mud I would say steel wheel and Mud terrains woudl be the obvious choice... Lockers, axles and undercarriage pro next. . .

EwS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 26th, 2005, 11:14 PM
NashvilleRedD90
Will Peters
'97 NAS D90 ST #1704 -4.6

MT's and under body protection.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old July 27th, 2005, 10:56 AM
rustydefender
Russell Newton
97 D-90 sw

yeah, i would like to have an eletric fan or a dual fan setup that i can switch on and off I has an electric fan already but it only turns on when the engine has already overheated I want on that has a dash switch. I am not sure which fan to get though. I don't want to lift it and i don't want to replace the at's that are on there because they are pretty new. I might want to do with some sort of bumper because the trails i go on are very tight and have lots of stray branches not to mention the fact that a jeep ran into me when i was up in st. marys georgia and warped my bumper.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
mod