I just wanted to say thanks.. - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old May 26th, 2012, 03:42 PM
Chris luciano
72 Series 3 88"
I just wanted to say thanks..

I have been a LR owner for a few years now, first a 90 Classic, then my fathers P38 I also own an SE7 D2 and my 73 Series 88. I have been in the collector car business for the last 13 years, member of many forums and specific car clubs (BMW CCA, PCA etc..) I have been witness to many marque specific collectors and tons of general automotive nutbags who enjoy buying, driving, racing, restoring and collecting automobiles. I am a new member of this site, Guns and Rovers, LRO, D Web RR.net, Expedition portal and the like (D-90 and Guns and Rovers are my most favorites..). I try my hardest to answer questions when I can (sometimes I'm right and sometimes not..) I ask a ton! I have had a lot of off forums talks with LR owners, have bought a bunch of parts, have helped out when I can or at least offered my services. I watch youtube and vimeo at the countless LR based videos. Poured over hundreds of pics on the net of the many varied interpretations of Land Rovers's. And I need to say that I have never run into a more passionate, generous, humble, kind lot of people than I have through my Land Rover owner experience. From the dealers to the owners, past and present, to the guy on the street just passing by.

What brings me to write this is, after a very trying past 2 weeks at work, and the recent news of the death of a childhood friend, I had the pleasure to spend just a fraction of my day today purchasing some parts, turns out for every LR model that I own, with a gentleman that is also a member of this site. Not knowing each other he welcomed me to his house, listened to me ramble on a little, and answered some of my questions. I walked away with more than I had intended, plus a few little bits tossed in just 'cause, and a mental note of what I want to go back for when I can afford it.

Now I am a firm believer in passing on items when I can for a fair price, sometimes giving it away, I truly believe that there is a circle of kindness that exists out there. I have taken and I have given with great success.

So in closing I just wanted to say thanks, in general and specifically (hopefully some will know who you are..) the sense of community I am experiencing being a LR owner has been nothing short of terrific, I plan on being an active member for as long as I can.

Old May 26th, 2012, 05:44 PM
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team
Chris, this is a great group, where most would drop what they were doing to help a fellow rover owner at a moments notice. Last year we lost three active members, one we raised over $15k to help his young family.

Not many forms like this one on the web.

Old May 26th, 2012, 06:55 PM
Chuck Yarbrough
01 DII
With just a few exceptions I have found the Rover group to be remarkably giving. I have not decided if it is support group or just a collection of empathetic addicts, either way it is never boring.
2001 DII
Defender envy.
The parts falling off this vehicle are of the finest British craftsmanship.
Old May 27th, 2012, 09:03 AM
Like my Tatas?
Nicely said Chris. Although I do not know anyone personally on here besides Stephen at SafariHP, everyone has been extremely helpful with my restoration and fun to chat with. I have never been to a Rover event like MAR and sadly, probably never will. I sometimes wish I can put a face to all the call signs here on D-90 to make it more personable.

Ps. Sorry for your lost.
1983 110 Rebuild
Series 1
"It is the soldier, who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag that allows the protester to burn the flag"

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat