Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old December 3rd, 2011, 06:25 PM
don
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell View Post
Stories like this should rile up all sides, not just old white dudes.....the reason we are where we are today is because it doesn't. Politics aside (I'm an Independent) this level of complete lack of accountability is what is driving us into the ground. Not to mentioned the douchbag Republican and Democrats that are in Congress also having no accountability for any of their actions.
my 2cts
Quote:
Originally Posted by discotdi View Post
accountability would be nice from not only the Homeless welfare mom but from Congress, Wall Street, Mortgage brokers, Moodys, and the other ratings agencies, all of who screwed the world up.
Accountability. Now that is something that the US is lacking. Discotdi - add to that list some contractor stories I was sharing with my sprinkler guy the other day: Guy next door bought a house on spec from a builder. 1 year into the job - the new owner found out that the builders work was so aweful that they had to re-roof, re-side, re-window, re-seal the basement. I think someone said, it would have been easier just to have knocked the house down. This was not just a cookie cutter row house - we are talking an 8,000 ft custom place that was sold for some decent coin. It will be amazing when it's done but man, I feel for the owner.

My sprinkler guy said he has been fixing issues that a crew did on a $42M spread a little out west for the past few months. They used shitty materials and did a crap job on the sprinkler setup. He said everything about the job was a mess - that many of the contractors just took short cuts, got paid and split.

IDK how these people can put their heads to the pillow at night. But it might just be our culture these days - if Snooky can act like a complete asshole on MTV then why can't I?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 3rd, 2011, 09:02 PM
SMac
Sam
NAS 97 D90 SW

Being an angry young asian man, I am not allowed to side with the angry old white men of this forum. So where can I donate to the cause?......Paypal work?

On an off note, lets continue to ignore problems since that is the best way to make them go away!
Old December 3rd, 2011, 10:45 PM
roverguy
Robert
1995 RRC

Registry
If that doesn't piss you off come bag some groceries... Steak, duck, ribs, etc. all payed for with food stamps. I stood in line behind a guy who bought $150 worth of steak, ribs and chicken on food stamps so he could have a party for football. People who have brand new iPhones, $1000 purses, caddies on dubs, and food stamps and welfare. It is a huge problem and if it doesn't piss you off I think you may have some issues... It's no wonder this country is going down hill and people just feel like this lady, who is going to pay me, I don't need to work.
2000 DII (SOLD)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 3rd, 2011, 10:58 PM
SMac
Sam
NAS 97 D90 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverguy View Post
If that doesn't piss you off come bag some groceries... Steak, duck, ribs, etc. all payed for with food stamps. I stood in line behind a guy who bought $150 worth of steak, ribs and chicken on food stamps so he could have a party for football. People who have brand new iPhones, $1000 purses, caddies on dubs, and food stamps and welfare. It is a huge problem and if it doesn't piss you off I think you may have some issues... It's no wonder this country is going down hill and people just feel like this lady, who is going to pay me, I don't need to work.
"holla at yo boi!"
Old December 3rd, 2011, 11:20 PM
Jackie Treehorn
A
1985 (legitimately)

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by roverguy View Post
Well said.
I remember at the peak of the financial crisis (when we were all worried about eating cat food in order to survive - circa late 2008) I had humbled myself enough to do some grocery and kid-stuff shopping at Wal-Mart (talk about throwing up a little in your mouth!). I'm behind a morbidly-obese woman (race not important) and her three obese children ranging between 4 and maybe 14. Their cart was filled with everything imaginable, including stacks of frozen pizzas, steaks, loads of junk food etc. Most of it was paid for with food stamps.

Meanwhile, my cart was modestly appointed with the basics.

Later in the parking lot I see them stuffing their bootie (and themselves) into their car............yep, you guessed it! (No it wasn't an Escalade!) close though, it was a 2 or 3-year old Yukon Denali rollin' on fake Dubs.

YEEHAWW! I'm soooo glad I just paid my quarterly taxes. Makes me feel splendid when my health insurance and taxes go up every year.
Old December 5th, 2011, 06:38 PM
GYM
Gary
97 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Treehorn View Post
Well said.

YEEHAWW! I'm soooo glad I just paid my quarterly taxes. Makes me feel splendid when my health insurance and taxes go up every year.

Looks like you may also have a foreign currency transaction tax to look forward to as well:

http://campaign2012.washingtonexamin...te-fund/237466
Old December 5th, 2011, 07:20 PM
woldd90
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team

There was a show on TV the other night telling the sad story of some people that were on Food Stamps. The story was sad, but still these people were getting $692 per month for a family of 3. They did not need to use coupons, but were only allowed to buy certain foods sanctioned by the Government. I think that the government should only pay for the very basics, bread, milk, ramen noodles, PB&J, and etc. That is how I lived in college, so I could use the rest of the money for beer and girls.

The Snap/EBT people I have seen at the grocery stores have two transactions, the one "we" pay for and one they pay for, with Alcohol, cigarettes and junk food.

I have 4 kids, and we barely spend $700 on groceries.

Old December 5th, 2011, 07:32 PM
Rugbier
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE - RRS SC

Registry
I saw it...

since that day I how shoot drugs *LOL*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell View Post
Did anyone happen to see the 60 minutes episode on congress legally being about to trade stocks with inside information?
If not this will piss you off.
Old December 5th, 2011, 07:52 PM
rover26c
Lee
1994 D90 ST

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow...161252749.html
Old December 5th, 2011, 08:01 PM
roverguy
Robert
1995 RRC

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by woldd90 View Post
There was a show on TV the other night telling the sad story of some people that were on Food Stamps. The story was sad, but still these people were getting $692 per month for a family of 3. They did not need to use coupons, but were only allowed to buy certain foods sanctioned by the Government. I think that the government should only pay for the very basics, bread, milk, ramen noodles, PB&J, and etc. That is how I lived in college, so I could use the rest of the money for beer and girls.

The Snap/EBT people I have seen at the grocery stores have two transactions, the one "we" pay for and one they pay for, with Alcohol, cigarettes and junk food.

I have 4 kids, and we barely spend $700 on groceries.
I agree that food stamps should be kept to the bare essentials. There is no way these people should be allowed to buy seafood, coke, microwave dinners, etc. I think I calculated it out last year based on the statistics that were out at the time and $76B annually goes to food stamps alone. I have thought about seeing if I could go a full month (31 days) on $40 or less. That's just over a dollar a day.

I really don't have a problem with people coming into this country who want to work, but I do have a problem with all the people who think they are entitled to benefits (like Angel). If it were up to me, short-term unemployment would be the only program out there and if you have to work two or three jobs to stay afloat until you find something, welcome to the real world.

Also, some of my mom's high school students were selling their children's SSNs for $400 so people could use them for tax write-offs. There is no guilt in fraudulently abusing these programs and it's a multi-generational problem. It just seems like there is no reason for these people to even try and get off the teat and too many people don't care.

EDIT: I would also include disability for those who actually deserve it.
2000 DII (SOLD)
Old December 5th, 2011, 10:52 PM
Overlander
mark kellgren
in between D's in an 04 D2

Registry
Ya'll need to hush and pay up! She need some damn money now!
Old December 6th, 2011, 11:08 PM
discotdi
Todd Miller
Land Rover

I'm not an overly bleeding heart liberal, but remember the food stamps pay for food for the kids. These kids of welfare ho-bags are innocent victims that can't make their own way. At least not until they become teenagers and can sell crack and hold up liquor stores.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat